06 stage2 WRX vs Corvette 06
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 stage2 WRX vs Corvette 06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home from work today on rte 9 north going the opposite way of rush hour traffic , barely any ...

gil

06 stage2 WRX vs Corvette 06

Coming home from work today on rte 9 north going the opposite way of rush hour traffic , barely any cars on the road. I am just cruising in middle lane , when this vette comes flying up behind me , so I give it a little gas,then the vette goes to the left lane and speeds by me then slows down kind of egging me on to race so I decided to take a shot at it ,[did not think I had a chance]but I said f*** it. So from 70 I down shifted to 3rd and we were off I had him until about 120 then he got in front of me but not by much I gave up at about 150 because I think his handling was better than mine and at 150 the stock suspension on the WRX don't feel to good.I did a lotbetter than I thopught I would.I LOVE MY WRX!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gil View Post
    Coming home from work today on rte 9 north going the opposite way of rush hour traffic , barely any cars on the road. I am just cruising in middle lane , when this vette comes flying up behind me , so I give it a little gas,then the vette goes to the left lane and speeds by me then slows down kind of egging me on to race so I decided to take a shot at it ,[did not think I had a chance]but I said f*** it. So from 70 I down shifted to 3rd and we were off I had him until about 120 then he got in front of me but not by much I gave up at about 150 because I think his handling was better than mine and at 150 the stock suspension on the WRX don't feel to good.I did a lotbetter than I thopught I would.I LOVE MY WRX!!!!!
    So a wrx which is pure garbage on the top end managed to out run a vette?

I wont even touch on the topic of going 150ish (if that's what you actually did).

I dont see this thread ending well either.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

gil
    I am not one to exxagarate and the needle was beyond 140 . and I did have him until 120, maybe he was'nt giving it all he had. Believe it or not.

edit: If I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all.
    Last edited by Thug Nasty; 04-18-2007 at 04:51 PM.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

gil
    First of all I said that there were no cars on the road and furthermore I am 35 years old and have had 2 accidents in 18 years whitch were not my fault .I also don't have any points on my licence.I also have no reason to lie.I just thought I'd share my story on this site which I used to really like alot ,but with people doubting my word I feel insulted.

I Support ClubWRX
    First of all I said that there were no cars on the road and furthermore I am 35 years old and have had 2 accidents in 18 years whitch were not my fault .I also don't have any points on my licence.I also have no reason to lie.I just thought I'd share my story on this site which I used to really like alot ,but with people doubting my word I feel insulted.
    Everybody is a race car driver on the streets and are the best driver in the world

You feel insulted on the internet? It happens.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

gil
    Apology accepted

I dunno man, unless you were heavily modified, which you made no mention of, the vette at 400hp should have smoked you on the top end. If it did happen as you stated, nice kill!
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

this forum needs a BS flag emote but to fill the void

You beat a car thats rwd, has easily 100whp, and 100ft lbs more than you. Weighs about the same, has better gearing, better aerodynamics, less powertrain loss??

I really doubt it. Especially from a roll. LS2>Ej25

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fa5tCoSti View Post
    this forum needs a BS flag emote but to fill the void
    Here's one,bro.

LMAOOOO

my friend has an 07 c6 vette and my stage 2 sti will not hang with it off a roll at those speeds, no way in hell you hung. He wasn't racing i bet, or he smashed it in 5th gear or something.

EDIT: i forgot, 06 wrx's are the new srt4, oops. Must be a fact
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

gil
    All I have to say is that the story I told you guys is 100% true. I don't know if he took it easy on me to just play with me but at 120 he flew past me pretty hard but I tried to catch up and could not and at 150ish I gave up.All I have is cobb tbe and access port.

That Vette pretty much has you beat in every aspect of performance. . . .

He was f'ing with you for sure.

All I have to say is that the story I told you guys is 100% true. I don't know if he took it easy on me to just play with me but at 120 he flew past me pretty hard but I tried to catch up and could not and at 150ish I gave up.All I have is cobb tbe and access port.

at first you said he passed you at 120 "but not by much" now he flew past you pretty hard at 120?? mmm okay.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast