I hate the WRX, to slow .. need more power
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hate the WRX, to slow .. need more power within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you dont pay attention to your speedometer, you will be flying fast. For example i was going to fast ...

Banned

These cars are to dangerous

if you dont pay attention to your speedometer, you will be flying fast. For example i was going to fast and brake hard then I had to drift into my turn near a ditch. and i mean i was scared bc this is a 2 day year old car since i just bought it..

anyone have any near accident calls?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    forget about that drift thing, the most annoying thing about these car is tat the are fast! and i have to keep constantly checking my speedo in the city, its 25mph but in second its already 30-35mph you know..

One of these days.. a piggy is going to pull me over just cuz im in third gear!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlagace View Post
    did you know you don't have to redline every gear? try shifting at like 2.5k RPM.

if a cop pulls you over you can tell him that your turbo spooled at 12mph and everything in the world turned into a blur, and the only thing you could see ahead of you was an SRT4.
    I dont redline every gear, im just saying im not use to all this AWD torque.. its not like a honda (no torque)

Banned

2000 Honda Civic SI

Red light, he pointed to the lights, I nodded and laugh out loud to myself! Perfect launch at 4500rpm smooth shift to second (learn not to drop the clutch). Pull him about 4-6 cars lenght within 2 blocks!

VICTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

Banned

I hate the WRX, to slow .. need more power

so I raced a Supercharged V8 Regal. twice the size of my motor. I pulled him 1 car lenght for 1st and 2nd gear, then on 3rd he pull in front of me by at least 5ft. I lost and I learned that.. wrx is to slow....NEED MORE POWER...!

its good that I lost though, my ego was destroyed but now I have an excuse to spend my hard earn money.

uke
    I'm not familiar with any V8 supercharged Buicks. Are you talking about the Buick Regal GS V6 supercharged?

They can be quite fast when modded, I used to own the Grand Prix equivalent.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

good thing he didnt race a modded Buick GNX
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

Banned
    I didn't think much about the regal until we were racing and I heard his supercharger sucking in air.. I heard my turbo spooling but his turbo was spooling hard...I was like.. ****.. im ****ed.. but by only 5-6ft. only.. not bad.

yea stock wrx FTL...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just enjoy the WRX for what it is. Someone will always be faster.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Very true. That's when you throw some turns into the race.. where it usually comes to driver skill

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Tell me about it man. The WRX isnt the end all be all of cars, but to call it slow? Thats crazy, just drive a stock 00-05 Eclipse, or a stock pre 06 Civic, that is slow. Of course you are going to lose to a V6-V8 supercharged car 95% of the time when you are totally stock. Just be glad you kept up with him. For a car with half the size of normal sports car motors I think it does alright. Just take the Buick through a few turns, thats when the Symmetrical AWD shines
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Banned
    if there were turns in the race, i would smoke his ass.. in my town im one of the best down hill racers..

Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboi View Post
    if there were turns in the race, i would smoke his ass.. in my town im one of the best down hill racers..
    Soapbox?
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Banned
    them big liter muscle cars with lots of cyclinders is not my style.. was never into that muscle car thing but god damn.. i lost to a BUICK.. one sad day..

HOWEVER, VF39, STI TMIC, PINK INJ, CATLESS UP, COBB II coming within the next 2 weeks..

then its $$$$$$$ show me the money you buik piece of ****!
    How fast do you think I will hit the 1.4 mile with those mods. I want to hit High 12's and very very Low 13's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast