Wrx Vs ///M3 E46
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs ///M3 E46 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday raced 1/4 mile with an M3 I had him for 3/4 ot the track but at the end he ...

Wrx Vs ///M3 E46

Yesterday raced 1/4 mile with an M3
    I had him for 3/4 ot the track but at the end he went past me.

Anyway it was a lot of fun

he wasn't as fast as I thught he would be, i think my friends STI will make him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good job

Nice! What time did you both run?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I had no trouble taking them out with a lightly modded Evo.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I beat a m3 with a basic stage 2. I launched hard and was out like 2/3 cars at the start and the rest was him just gaining on me.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

the E46 M3 roadster only hit 13.4 at the track according to car and driver. The M3 coupe cant be any faster than that which is easily stage 2 wrx territory. You gotta admit, those M3s look badass though...
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Just wait until the fall when the new M3 comes out. 400+hp V8
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

The GM at my store has an M3, silver, BAD ASS! His is all stock and rated at 376HP. I thought that it would have walked a stage2 STI? His is for sale, 30k miles or so, $33.9K if anyone wants it.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    The GM at my store has an M3, silver, BAD ASS! His is all stock and rated at 376HP. I thought that it would have walked a stage2 STI? His is for sale, 30k miles or so, $33.9K if anyone wants it.

If its all stock its rated at 333hp. Not sure how he got an M3 with 376hp stock, never heard of that, but the E46 M3s are mid 13 second cars to lower 13 second cars with perfect runs and they trap around 103-106mph. A stock STI can beat one in the 1/4 but will get walked a little from a roll, a stage II sti should be right with one from a roll, but beat it pretty good in the 1/4. Here is a video of a Cobb Stage II wrx vs an E46 M3 from a roll. It pulls the WRX but does not by any means slaughter it. So that is basically what a stock STI would do from a roll with a stock M3.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...dc014bff90.htm
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    If its all stock its rated at 333hp. Not sure how he got an M3 with 376hp stock, never heard of that, but the E46 M3s are mid 13 second cars to lower 13 second cars with perfect runs and they trap around 103-106mph. A stock STI can beat one in the 1/4 but will get walked a little from a roll, a stage II sti should be right with one from a roll, but beat it pretty good in the 1/4. Here is a video of a Cobb Stage II wrx vs an E46 M3 from a roll. It pulls the WRX but does not by any means slaughter it. So that is basically what a stock STI would do from a roll with a stock M3.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...dc014bff90.htm
    I hate videos like that...a 6cyl or a 8cyl racing a wrx with a stock turbo from like 60 on a highway. So incredibly biased towards the high displacement motors. Those same cars going from a stop and that WRX would significantly beat the M3 if he gets a good launch.

I still say that a well driven Stage II wrx would definitely beat an average driven M3 to 80 or to 100 from a stop. Keep in mind the M3 coupe has almost 400lbs of body fat on the WRX. The Z4 M Roadster would be a more worthy competitor at only 3100lbs (still fat for a roadster). Car and Driver (famous for beating on test cars) only squeezed 13.4 out of the M roadster, meaning that you add 300lbs to that time and you probably have a 13.6-13.7 stock M3 Coupe. I also factor in that your average M3 owner is a 40-year-old non-tuner, has no idea what a WRX is and probably can't drive for ish..

/magazine racing
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 04-15-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Stage II did alot better from a roll then i would have guessed.

Should have closed the windows for aerodynamics would have had him for sure

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I <3 M3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    I <3 M3's.
    +1

thanks for the info!
    i don't have the times, because we didn't race on a drag strip, on ordinary road 1/4 mile distance.

Oh gotcha. you would probably do even better by at least alittle on the track you should see if he wants to line up on a preped track and watch him spin while your done the 1/8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast