07 WRX vs 03 Mustang V6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX vs 03 Mustang V6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What more do I need to say? I'm still in my breakin period, my friend wanted to race, I didn't ...

07 WRX vs 03 Mustang V6

What more do I need to say? I'm still in my breakin period, my friend wanted to race, I didn't bring it over 4, and smoked them in the quarter hahaha
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    What more do I need to say? I'm still in my breakin period, my friend wanted to race, I didn't bring it over 4, and smoked them in the quarter hahaha

If you didn't bring it over 4k you would barely be into boost, out of boost the wrx is nothing. sure a V6 mustang is not a fast car, but a wrx is a pretty slow car out of boost.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

yeah but he doesn't have a 2.0L if that picture is of his car he has the 2.5 which isn't nearly as laggy, ever since i drove one i've been tempted to go to the newer ones but i love the looks of the older ones too much
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    If you didn't bring it over 4k you would barely be into boost, out of boost the wrx is nothing. sure a V6 mustang is not a fast car, but a wrx is a pretty slow car out of boost.
    I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are way off base.

I don't have a 2.0L WRX so I can't comment on that but for the 06 and 07 2.5L, boost is achieved by 3,000 RPMS and the car has a lot of torque. Even out of boost the torque on these cars are plenty to carry you anywhere and still pass people.
    Last edited by DeBlas66; 04-13-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    Car-less

video?!

glad you took it easy on your WRX

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    yeah but he doesn't have a 2.0L if that picture is of his car he has the 2.5 which isn't nearly as laggy, ever since i drove one i've been tempted to go to the newer ones but i love the looks of the older ones too much
    Swap a 2.5 into your bugeye! i like the looks of the bugeye teh best but 2.5 ftw!
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

My only questions is did this guy really think he was going to win?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

Dude, seriously?

I raced my buddies 1996 V6 Mustang and would keep up with it in my 2000 Honda Civic...

Just wait until your break in is done and you get good at fast shifting from 2-3! I definitely impress people who taught me to drive!! Believe it or not, you will get to a point where you think that your car is not as fast (get used to it), and you will want more...

At first, I thought 1st gear was insane! Now, I feel, meh... I WANT MORE!! LOL
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Dude, seriously?

I raced my buddies 1996 V6 Mustang and would keep up with it in my 2000 Honda Civic...

Just wait until your break in is done and you get good at fast shifting from 2-3! I definitely impress people who taught me to drive!! Believe it or not, you will get to a point where you think that your car is not as fast (get used to it), and you will want more...

I would totally have to agree... I just went stage 2 in my 06... low and mid-range power is great... but it runs outta breath on top end... still... gotta love stage 2!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideRex View Post
    My only questions is did this guy really think he was going to win?
    Duh Mustang is teh fastest sports car evar!!!!1111
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Duh Mustang is teh fastest sports car evar!!!!1111
    Duh! How could I have forgotten that? He totally would have pwned the silly ricer in a fair race.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

Why is this a thread?

its like "I raced a 1987 Caravan with my 1984 Dodge Colt, and WON!!!"

teh gay...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

wow... a kill's a kill... but some just aren't worth posting or even talking about. Let alone worth doing.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll let this live as no rules have been broken yet, but I think it's heading down that road. Play nice please.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Dude, seriously?

i'm already to that point thanks to my friend having an 06 STi with AP, intake/exhaust, ntercooler nitrous IC chiller, and a few other mods. his car is absolutely intense
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast