WRX Wagon on NOS Vs. VR-4/ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon on NOS Vs. VR-4/ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just considering the math - even if that WRX trapped at 95 mph stock, a 100 shot may ...

I was just considering the math - even if that WRX trapped at 95 mph stock, a 100 shot may net him 103-104 traps. That wouldn't even net him a win over my Legacy
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I was just considering the math - even if that WRX trapped at 95 mph stock, a 100 shot may net him 103-104 traps. That wouldn't even net him a win over my Legacy

why would someone take the risk of messing their engine up!!??

nice vr4 by the way!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...0c011fd63f.htm

Here is the vid dont know how long it will take to get ready.

Jeez!
    The video is still being optimized?? It's taking quite some time.
    I want my subie back.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...0c017b4157.htm

ok for some reason first one does not work? I uploaded it again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod_vr4 View Post
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...0c017b4157.htm

ok for some reason first one does not work? I uploaded it again.
    Still not optimised.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Banned
    I have a VR-4 too, 93. they are to ****ing heavy! I dont know about 94+ but ont the 91-93, they had a switch between sport and touring which tilted the rear spoiler and lowered the front lip down.

besides the point, WRX stock turbos are two times bigger then a vr-4's turbo. VR-4's dont have intercoolers, they have two small seperate radiotors for each turbo (very ineffective incooling, however, the turbos are ****ing grape size) The trans. on the VR-4 is horrible..the 94+ with the getrag trans. is much better.

however, i love the WRX so much more, it feels more enjoyable to drive a WRX then VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Still not optimised.
    still not optimized!

Sweet VR-4! I was hoping it was gonna be a Galant VR-4...would of been even better kill story hahah.

100 shot + MBC set to .5 PSI over stock. LOL, that kid is a joke. Probably isn't even running the nitrous. Did you see injectors or just a bottle, or just talk?

Nice kill, and enjoy the club!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboi View Post
    I have a VR-4 too, 93. they are to ****ing heavy! I dont know about 94+ but ont the 91-93, they had a switch between sport and touring which tilted the rear spoiler and lowered the front lip down.

besides the point, WRX stock turbos are two times bigger then a vr-4's turbo. VR-4's dont have intercoolers, they have two small seperate radiotors for each turbo (very ineffective incooling, however, the turbos are ****ing grape size) The trans. on the VR-4 is horrible..the 94+ with the getrag trans. is much better.

however, i love the WRX so much more, it feels more enjoyable to drive a WRX then VR-4
    I will try and get this problem worked out on the vid, have no clue what is going on. And for your vr-4 even 1st gens had getrag tranmissions!, and the button you are refering to is for the sport and tour suspension NOT the active aero. Yes they do have intercoolers, they may be small but are effecitent enough for a stock car. And yes the WRX turbo is much larger but then again the 3000gt has two. Anyway sounds like you might of got your hands on a real POS.

Ok **** streetfire!

Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboi View Post
    I have a VR-4 too, 93. they are to ****ing heavy!

What is it about the weight that's holding you back? Just a MBC will net you 13.20s -- good luck doing that for under $1k on your WRX. Add a downpipe and you're doing 12.90s. Add some injectors and a fuel controller and it's mid 12s. I've done exactly that with a 92 and a 94 Stealth.

The stock intercoolers are not inefficient. There are many running in the 11s on the stock parts. One big IC or two small ICs equals the same amount of area. The bumper funnels a large amount of air into each IC. A cheap upgrade is using 2 stock DSM ICs with re-welded piping.

The turbos are tiny. They look like samples the factory would hand out showing what the real units would look like. They do spool instantly though, providing huge torque right off idle.

The transmission in any year is fine as long as you don't abuse it. If you shift it like you're rowing the car, you're going to eat a syncro. The 6spd's shorter gears let you get more out of the stock turbos by keeping them in their power range longer, but I do kind of miss a 5spd that does 70 in 2nd and 120 in 3rd.

If your WRX is more enjoyable to drive, your VR4 must be in bad shape. They are pushing 15+ years old these days and they need to be maintained. Too many people want to pick one up for $5-6k and expect a perfect car at that price, ready to mod.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod_vr4 View Post

Ok **** streetfire!
    nice dark video...

all the videos are sooo dark..

but thanks for the effort

From what I can tell, that fool got annihilated.
    I want my subie back.

sorry for such as poor video, it was dark, and kinda hard to tell what happend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast