06 wrx stage 2 (Bittersweet)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 wrx stage 2 (Bittersweet) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well... Friday night I installed stage 2 on my 06 wrx. I have a cobb accessport (version 2), helix catted ...

06 wrx stage 2 (Bittersweet)

Well... Friday night I installed stage 2 on my 06 wrx. I have a cobb accessport (version 2), helix catted downpipe, and an invidia catback (with resonator). The sound is amazing!! An it is much much better than stock. So I am riding around town, feeling pretty good about myself haha, and I pull up to this, what I thought was a 3000GT. I pull out slowly, knowing that he is probably going to hit it because he had an aftermarket exhaust, so he punches it a little, and I proceed to put about a car length on him in first. Here is where things went bad... ha... he then decides to quit playing with me and put about a car length on me within seconds. Turns out it was a modded VR4. Well, he then turns off... so we kinda only raced to about 60 or 70... but he would have put a whoopin' on me if we would have kept going.

Overall though, I don't mind losing to a nice car like that. Stage 2 on the other hand is wonderful. I completely love the sound and it is a lot faster than stock!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't feel too bad... the 3000GTs/Stealths can be damn fast if modified properly.

Witness:
    http://www.technicaltuning.com/gtonemesis/1039.wmv

By the way, glad you're enjoying the upgrades. I'm in the process of putting on my mods for this year and then am having a custom tune done at the end of May... can't wait!
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

While it is awesome, the biggest thing that going Stage 2 in my 06 TR did for me was make me realize how grossly undersized the TD04 is for the 2.5L engine.

VF39 FTW
    Car-less

+1 on the quickness of the 3kgt. they are aging though. kind of becoming a rare sight.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66 View Post
    While it is awesome, the biggest thing that going Stage 2 in my 06 TR did for me was make me realize how grossly undersized the TD04 is for the 2.5L engine.

VF39 FTW
    +1 it just runs out of flow on the 2.5l.

Probably gonna pick up a VF39 this summer.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I agree on upgrading the turbo... but for right now I am just going to enjoy stage 2... overall I am very pleased with it... I can't seem to hear my turbo as much as I wanted... I think I am going to take off the intake resonator tonight though... that should make it more audible.

I don't really feel too bad about the 3000gt though... I know they can be pretty damn fast...

Another question while I'm wondering... if I eventually upgrade to a vf-39 and sti tmic... will my tranny and everything else hold up to that kind of power? Will I need to upgrade brakes or anything else as well?
    Last edited by Ret030; 04-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret030 View Post
    I agree on upgrading the turbo... but for right now I am just going to enjoy stage 2... overall I am very pleased with it... I can't seem to hear my turbo as much as I wanted... I think I am going to take off the intake resonator tonight though... that should make it more audible.

I don't really feel too bad about the 3000gt though... I know they can be pretty damn fast...

Another question while I'm wondering... if I eventually upgrade to a vf-39 and sti tmic... will my tranny and everything else hold up to that kind of power? Will I need to upgrade brakes or anything else as well?
    I have had 0 issues with my tranny at stage 2. But with 300+ WHP on a vf39, You are gonna need to decrease maintenance intervals, and play nice with it for sure.

Brakes are fine. If anything I'd step up to a set of hawk pads and when the time comes some cross drilled rotors.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.