Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I was testing a black wrx at my local subie dealership a couple weeks ago, and since i'm ...

Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!)

Hey all, I was testing a black wrx at my local subie dealership a couple weeks ago, and since i'm not 21 the salesman had to come with me. this guy was pretty chill and let me really open the car up. So we rolled up to this light on a stretch of two lane highway and this 07ish civic si started revving his engine. Personally, the honda tone really bothers me, but that's besides the point. I looked at the dealer and he nodded and I dropped it at about 3500. This resulted in lunging past the civic and looking at him in my rearview. I slowed down after about 75mph and he passed me trying to win back some pride. :-) I now own an 07 wrx haha.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice, I love my 07, and since i took off the silencer on the intake i really like the turbo whistling sound and the whooshing of the by-pass valve.

I can't believe your dealer let you race someone.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

I can't believe your dealer let you race someone.
    \

Race all you want, but don't you dare mod.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Your going to need warranty work done and the salesman is going to be like "remember that one time on the test drive that you raced someone..... well, about that; your warranty is voided".

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. However, no congrats on being stupid and racing/beating on a brand new car that was not properly broken in
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Your going to need warranty work done and the salesman is going to be like "remember that one time on the test drive that you raced someone..... well, about that; your warranty is voided".

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. However, no congrats on being stupid and racing/beating on a brand new car that was not properly broken in
    make sure you dont buy the same one you test drove, at least.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

haha, i bought the car from a different dealer in the same area; different car :-) better price too!

Dont take it over 4k RPMs until 1,000 miles. Read your manual.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I think it just means don't buy a Demo.
    04 wrx wagon D/D
    02 S2K Summer Fun (sold)

haha, the dealer thought that race would "seal the deal" but instead you went somewhere else and bought the same car lOL

exactly well after the dealer telling me he took one of the 07 STi's down the interstate at a buck thirty, i decided it would be a good idea to go elsewhere to purchase haha

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Dont take it over 4k RPMs until 1,000 miles. Read your manual.
    This is a hotly debated point and while I believe in this method of thought, it is not the only one out there.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    This is a hotly debated point and while I believe in this method of thought, it is not the only one out there.
    Of course not, but i think its a good idea to stay within what is specified in the book in case anything happens the the motor, because im fairly sure they can pull how many RPMs the motor was at right before something happened to it.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

agreed. my new car will be my baby when i pick it up on tuesday I'm gonna follow everything in the manual to the word except that i'm gonna change the oil every 3000 and i'm planning on synthetic; any suggestions as to what? I heard royal purple is good - i'm prolly going to do that as soon as i get it...but what synthetic should i get?

I'm a fan of Mobile 1 Synthetic motor oil. I used it in my Eclipse every 4,000 miles and worked great.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I'm a fan of Mobile 1 Synthetic motor oil. I used it in my Eclipse every 4,000 miles and worked great.
    +1

I've used Mobil 1 on both of my last two cars (99 Camaro and 05 Boxster) and it's really good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.