Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by tom'sti I have worked for GM dealers, Hyundai and Kia dealers. All these and i think most ...

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    I have worked for GM dealers, Hyundai and Kia dealers. All these and i think most other MANUFACTURERS still consider the car new as long as it went unregistered and was in use of the dealer. Its just a demo program. Dealers usually sell them at a discount and the end of their use, but it is still new. I havent ever been to a dealer that doesnt do this.I think we're off subject a little here. I was just giving the view of the manufacturer that all cars should be thoroughly test driven before being put on the lot for sale. They want the best possible chance for high CSI and that means multiple checks from production to the dealer level. By you saying that you would'nt accept a new car with more than 5 miles on it, you're cutting yourself short. Those miles are probably only accumulated from being driven on and off transport carriers, trains and in and out of storage lots. I guess i'm just in line with the manufacturers view that all bugs should be worked out before the customer takes delivery. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
    This isn't a difference of opinion. I would agree with the dealer testing the car if I could be sure that what you were saying is true.

The fact is, for every dealer that tests the car normally to see if it's OK, there are 20 that tell some 16 year old to beat the **** out of it for 4 or 5 miles and bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Ditto that.

Ths is my second wrx, and my old 02 had over 95k miles on it with no porblems. As a matter of fact I had local tuner shops say it felt stronger that any other stock wrx they had driven before.
    Break-ins are for suckas. They hurt the car according to several engine builders I've talked to (will not seat the rings in the cylinders correctly increasing blow-by)when it comes to modern performance cars. They are pretty much broken in from the factory. We at Honda hold engine tolerances to 20 microns (half a human hair). If the engine is going to blow, it will do so faster than you can get your hands on it. Drive it like you stole it off the lot!
    Precisely
    Car-less

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

yah some car salesmen are pretty damn cool. A guy at penske honda let me drive a s2000 when I was only 15 years old.. I was by myself too. He let me drive it very aggressively too lol, he let me though because after talking for several days he knew that I knew more about the car and cars in general than he did haha.

I hope the fact that you beat a stock civic si from a dig isnt the only reason for your purchase though.. but it's okay because your purchase all in all was the right one haha. Enjoy it and take care of her.
    downshift b!tch

fre
    I wouldn't be too paranoid about the break in. I had 50 miles of abuse on my car when I bought it. I did take it easy for the first 1,000 miles and my car now has 67,000 miles and still running strong. I doubt it would have mattered if I took it easy or not, considering the first 50 miles were already abusive miles most likely.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    what!! he is crazy!!
    heh when I was out looking for a new (used) car, I test drove a 03 sentra se-r specv 6spd and the sales man took me to some local twisties and let me have at it, said go as fast as you feel comfortable doing... lets just say I got it up to about 115 on a deserted stretch of road.. I was planning on buying the car, I got them down to about 10k before taxes etc with 40k on the odo, told them i want to sleep on it and will come back tomorrow... came back there the next day, that same salesman was out so I worked with the manager and told me I was given a wrong price and the lowest they could let it go for was 15k, I just got up and left. but definately one of the best test drives I've had so far

Letting someone test drive a car is risky...

I was right about to buy a used WRX until I drove it. Turbos should not click. (literally, the Turbo sounded like it had a card in the spokes)

however, on the other side. I was looking at the MS3, but Mazda wouldn't let me test drive it, so I wrote the car off completely
    Who needs signatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior-T View Post
    Letting someone test drive a car is risky...

I was right about to buy a used WRX until I drove it. Turbos should not click. (literally, the Turbo sounded like it had a card in the spokes)

however, on the other side. I was looking at the MS3, but Mazda wouldn't let me test drive it, so I wrote the car off completely
    i believe that sound is called wastegate flutter, it is normal in turbo cars

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    i believe that sound is called wastegate flutter, it is normal in turbo cars
    You should NOT hear that on a stock WRX.
    Car-less

i dont know if its the same sound hes talking about but there is a slight wind fluttering sound, no clicking sound when your on it, and it goes away as the RPMs go higher. Yes you hear it on a stock wrx its louder when the weather is colder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.