Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Civic Si vs 07 WRX (On a test drive!!!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fenderwrx exactly well after the dealer telling me he took one of the 07 STi's down the ...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    exactly well after the dealer telling me he took one of the 07 STi's down the interstate at a buck thirty, i decided it would be a good idea to go elsewhere to purchase haha
    what!! he is crazy!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im running royal purple and in im happy with it. i did my first change at 1300 miles figured it would be a good idea since the engine was broke in and prolly knocked some stuff loose.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

how did the dealer react when you said you were going to another dealership?

I've been to several dealerships where they told me stories of guys test driving cars like that.

The Ford dealership in my town (when I was 16) let me test drive a regular V8 mustang by myself and all they said was have it back in a half hour.

I would also like to add that while I don't think it is a good idea to start beating the crap out of a car on day 1 or dumping the clutch, I don't think that it is necessary to follow the "break in" procedures the way everyone regurgitates them from the dealership.

As is evidenced from this thread, everyone's car has around 5 miles on it when you buy it and I would almost bet money that they weren't 5 sunday driving grandma miles.
    Car-less

I Support ClubWRX
    My STI had under 3 miles on it...hopefully it was beat on to much
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    how did the dealer react when you said you were going to another dealership?
    He was pissed. he didn't even answer my email that I sent. hahaha
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66 View Post
    I've been to several dealerships where they told me stories of guys test driving cars like that.

The Ford dealership in my town (when I was 16) let me test drive a regular V8 mustang by myself and all they said was have it back in a half hour.

I would also like to add that while I don't think it is a good idea to start beating the crap out of a car on day 1 or dumping the clutch, I don't think that it is necessary to follow the "break in" procedures the way everyone regurgitates them from the dealership.

As is evidenced from this thread, everyone's car has around 5 miles on it when you buy it and I would almost bet money that they weren't 5 sunday driving grandma miles.
    I literally saw mine rolled off the truck, so mine has like the 5 or 6 test miles that most cars have; I'm so excited...1 more day till i pick it up!
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    My STI had under 3 miles on it...hopefully it was beat on to much
    As long as you dont mod too much, you have a strong case against warranty denial. My DPSM has us drive our new cars at least 10-15 miles before they go on the lot to make sure they're ok during the pdi. Its just part of the process. If you took delivery of a car with less than 3 miles on it, and they deny you any kind of warranty claim, call the district rep and him why he pays that dealer to to pdi's that they arent doing. My guess would be that they will honor your warranty rather than have SOA start sniffing around. Warranty audits suck, and if severe enough, sometimes end up with job loss. I've seen it.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    As long as you dont mod too much, you have a strong case against warranty denial. My DPSM has us drive our new cars at least 10-15 miles before they go on the lot to make sure they're ok during the pdi. Its just part of the process. If you took delivery of a car with less than 3 miles on it, and they deny you any kind of warranty claim, call the district rep and him why he pays that dealer to to pdi's that they arent doing. My guess would be that they will honor your warranty rather than have SOA start sniffing around. Warranty audits suck, and if severe enough, sometimes end up with job loss. I've seen it.
    I would never buy a "new car" that had 10-15 miles on it.
    Car-less

I would never buy a "new car" that had 10-15 miles on it.
    me either!! 5 miles is the max i would go for a new car

I think you guys are missing the point. The purpose of the pdi test drive is to make sure there is nothing wrong with the car. Driving the car 5,10 or even 15 miles allows the engine and trans time to warm up, also you'll complete a drive cycle or two, and any faults within the vehicle will be made clear. Would'nt you rather buy a car with no problems or have a problem show up on your way home from the dealer that could have been prevented? Thats all i was saying. Besides, a car with up to 6k miles, as a dealer demo, is still considered new.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    I think you guys are missing the point. The purpose of the pdi test drive is to make sure there is nothing wrong with the car. Driving the car 5,10 or even 15 miles allows the engine and trans time to warm up, also you'll complete a drive cycle or two, and any faults within the vehicle will be made clear. Would'nt you rather buy a car with no problems or have a problem show up on your way home from the dealer that could have been prevented? Thats all i was saying. Besides, a car with up to 6k miles, as a dealer demo, is still considered new.
    Never

In whose eyes?

Where is this dealership?
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    This is a hotly debated point and while I believe in this method of thought, it is not the only one out there.
    I have asked numerous engine builders about this subject. 95% of them told me to break it in the way I plan on driving it.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

Never

In whose eyes?

Where is this dealership?
    I have worked for GM dealers, Hyundai and Kia dealers. All these and i think most other MANUFACTURERS still consider the car new as long as it went unregistered and was in use of the dealer. Its just a demo program. Dealers usually sell them at a discount and the end of their use, but it is still new. I havent ever been to a dealer that doesnt do this.I think we're off subject a little here. I was just giving the view of the manufacturer that all cars should be thoroughly test driven before being put on the lot for sale. They want the best possible chance for high CSI and that means multiple checks from production to the dealer level. By you saying that you would'nt accept a new car with more than 5 miles on it, you're cutting yourself short. Those miles are probably only accumulated from being driven on and off transport carriers, trains and in and out of storage lots. I guess i'm just in line with the manufacturers view that all bugs should be worked out before the customer takes delivery. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    I have asked numerous engine builders about this subject. 95% of them told me to break it in the way I plan on driving it.
    Ditto that.

Ths is my second wrx, and my old 02 had over 95k miles on it with no porblems. As a matter of fact I had local tuner shops say it felt stronger that any other stock wrx they had driven before.
    Break-ins are for suckas. They hurt the car according to several engine builders I've talked to (will not seat the rings in the cylinders correctly increasing blow-by)when it comes to modern performance cars. They are pretty much broken in from the factory. We at Honda hold engine tolerances to 20 microns (half a human hair). If the engine is going to blow, it will do so faster than you can get your hands on it. Drive it like you stole it off the lot!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.