WRX vs. GTO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a little fun with an LS2 GTO today. He was modded, but I am not sure to what extent, ...

WRX vs. GTO

Had a little fun with an LS2 GTO today. He was modded, but I am not sure to what extent, but I could tell he had a catback.... It was pretty loud though, so I assuming the basic GTO mods like header, intake, catback.

There is not much to tell here except that I got fcking owned! And when I say owned, I mean he pulled bus-lengths on me

I knew the LS2 GTO was fast with bolt on's, but I didn't know that fast. After some brief research, I am finding out that exhaust mods alone will put them into mid-low 12's @ 112mph or so... And with a tune/flash low 12's @ 115mph are to be expected.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I honestly like the GTOs, people dislike their looks but i really think they are nice. To bad they are doing away with it, its gonna be missed once its gone
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I honestly like the GTOs, people dislike their looks but i really think they are nice. To bad they are doing away with it, its gonna be missed once its gone
    i guess it depends on what angle you look at it. some times when i see one it looks like ass then other times it looks like a freakin monster.

props on a fun run.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the LS2 GTO. A very nice car for the price.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Glad I got mine. The WRX is fun as well. The GTO has the best interior ever put in a Pontiac though...

It will only be missed once it's gone. LS2 with Longtube headers and Loudmouth 1 resonators is just freaking obnoxious!!!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Yeah, I'm also a fan of the new-age GTOs.

Was the third choice on my list behind the Evo and STI. It's too bad it didn't get the attention/respect it really deserved. It's a lot of car for not a lot of money.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

The only thing i dislike about the gto is the stock rims, other than that theyre pretty sweet. Nice death.
    CGM

I was looking at one to buy, but the fuel economy is horrible, I couldn't afford to have it as a daily driver.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    I was looking at one to buy, but the fuel economy is horrible, I couldn't afford to have it as a daily driver.
    I get over 25mpg on the highway about 19 combined. Of course, your right foot can easily negate that.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

GTOs are nice cars. I test drove an '05 (LS2) and those things are pretty darn quick, considering how heavy they are.
    The only thing I wasn't too cool with were 1, the exterior (LOL) and 2, the tiny trunk.
    I. Márquez Still trying to figure out this rally car turbo thing.
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX wife's bone-stock daily diver
    '03 Ford Mustang Mach 1 slightly modded and driven daily
    '06 Mitsubishi Evolution IX brother's ride
    '70 Ford Torino GT convertible project 1
    '73 Ford Ranchero GT project 2/workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by San Pedro WRX View Post
    GTOs are nice cars. I test drove an '05 (LS2) and those things are pretty darn quick, considering how heavy they are.
    The only thing I wasn't too cool with were 1, the exterior (LOL) and 2, the tiny trunk.
    I actually like the looks, but the trunk was the ONLY thing that turned me off when purchasing the evo over teh GTO. Sad part is I still love the GTO and over winter was the first time I used the damn trunk and that was to put crap in while the car was in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I actually like the looks, but the trunk was the ONLY thing that turned me off when purchasing the evo over teh GTO. Sad part is I still love the GTO and over winter was the first time I used the damn trunk and that was to put crap in while the car was in storage.
    It's funny because you were afraid of the RWD GTO with the winters, but yet you bought an AWD car and store it all winter.

You should just buy a used LS1 GTO and boost it so then you can have two toys. They can be had for like $18k now.
    Or boost a used GTO and then trade in the Evo for a G8. Stupid fast weekend/track car and fast large DD sedan.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    It's funny because you were afraid of the RWD GTO with the winters, but yet you bought an AWD car and store it all winter.

You should just buy a used LS1 GTO and boost it so then you can have two toys. They can be had for like $18k now.
    Or boost a used GTO and then trade in the Evo for a G8. Stupid fast weekend/track car and fast large DD sedan.
    I'm afraid of my AWD as it sits now in the summer

Next weekend teh de-modding process starts and it will actually start to be driven more. . . eek it may see rain and snow!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I'm afraid of my AWD as it sits now in the summer

Next weekend teh de-modding process starts and it will actually start to be driven more. . . eek it may see rain and snow!
    De-modding?

I don't understand your thought process B. Isn't this like pissing money down a drain? You built your wrx upto a complete freaking monster and then decided get rid of it and part out. Seems you did the same with your Evo.... Perhaps you have a secret, but aren't you losing tons of money by purchasing thousand upon thousands in parts and then demodding after a year or two?

Either way, are you just demodding the Evo so you can drive it more, or do you plan to trade it in soon?
    Just call me Clark Kent

not sure what will happen, and I'm not to worried about spending money on mods. . . I spend more on liquor in a year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.