WRX vs. GTO - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Are they replacing the GTO with the G8. I love the thinking. The G8 looks sexy. I just love AWD ...

Are they replacing the GTO with the G8.

I love the thinking. The G8 looks sexy.
    I just love AWD too much in Chicago and cant afford 2 new cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Problem is... with the IRS, your fighting wheel-hop with the Goat.
    There is a fix for GTO's wheel hop. It's relatively cheap, but effective. There is this thing called "drag bag" and it pretty much eliminates the wheel hop.

My IRS doesn't do too bad. I have little bit of wheel hop at 2nd gear but it's only because of nearly 600 rwtq.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

uke
    I just got an 06 GTO over the weekend. GM has a nice 0% financing deal going on now that makes them, in the end, cheaper than most used ones that cost less.

This car is, hands down, much nicer, refined, and faster than my Grand Prix was. I'll probably leave it stock for a while until I get used to it, then maybe put some headers and a tune on it.

I've been having a blast so far (and I need to update my sig )
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    I just got an 06 GTO over the weekend. GM has a nice 0% financing deal going on now that makes them, in the end, cheaper than most used ones that cost less.

This car is, hands down, much nicer, refined, and faster than my Grand Prix was. I'll probably leave it stock for a while until I get used to it, then maybe put some headers and a tune on it.

If I wasnt on the edge of a snow belt the GTO would make my list of cars along with a used c5 z06.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

If you don't mind saying (or you can PM me if preferred) how much did you get the car for? I have been looking at them lately, especially after the tuning nightmare I had for a week with my Evo, which is now gone though. I have seen a lot of people saying they have been getting them in the 27k-29k range and with 0% that is a sick deal for 400 HP. I have also seen a few 05s going for around 23k-24k with under 6000 miles on them. I am really thinking about making the switch (again).
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

what happened with your tune?

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    If you don't mind saying (or you can PM me if preferred) how much did you get the car for? I have been looking at them lately, especially after the tuning nightmare I had for a week with my Evo, which is now gone though. I have seen a lot of people saying they have been getting them in the 27k-29k range and with 0% that is a sick deal for 400 HP. I have also seen a few 05s going for around 23k-24k with under 6000 miles on them. I am really thinking about making the switch (again).

Out the door (tax/fees/etc) I paid right about 31000 with 0% interest. I cleared about 600 on my old car with trade in (trade in minus what I owed) which helped a bit. I think the actual cost was in the 28K range, which is pretty much the lowest anyone's gotten them to with the 0% deal going on (they're not making money on interest, so they're not going to take a huge loss on the car either...)

I live in KC, and we get snow as well. Come October, I'm either going to have to find a set of snow tires, or fine me a super-cheap beater car to get through the winter.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

uke
    Juice, I don't know how close you are to KC, but there's a local Pontiac club member selling his 06 M6 GTO with 8000 miles for 24000, he's got a short shifter, cam, headers, and he's making about 420rwhp.

I was going to jump on it, but like I said, i would have gotten reamed on interest for a used car.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I live in KC, and we get snow as well. Come October, I'm either going to have to find a set of snow tires, or fine me a super-cheap beater car to get through the winter.
    Ha! thats why I bought the WRX!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Ha! thats why I bought the WRX!
    Some of us aren't quite as 'ballin as you
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Juice, I don't know how close you are to KC, but there's a local Pontiac club member selling his 06 M6 GTO with 8000 miles for 24000, he's got a short shifter, cam, headers, and he's making about 420rwhp.

I was going to jump on it, but like I said, i would have gotten reamed on interest for a used car.

DAMN! That is a good deal! I am in CT though, it would be difficult for me to check the car out lol. I would also have to sell my Evo first (what I meant in my first post was that the tuning SNAFU was gone due to a faulty 02 housing being replace by the stocker, but I still have the car).
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123