07 GT500 vs 06 STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 GT500 vs 06 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So a friend of mine was all bent outa shape when I got my Sti in Novmember he had to ...

07 GT500 vs 06 STi

So a friend of mine was all bent outa shape when I got my Sti in Novmember he had to go and out do me. So he grabbed a Shelby GT500. We finnally got to take the two cars out last night. The GT500 made my STi look like it was standing still on the freeway. That 500 hp just smoked me on the freeway. Once we got to a curvy mountain road the STi did a lot better. They both have the same front Brembo breaks but the GT500 had some lame no namers in the back. My STi could out break and out corner the GT500. But in the straights the Gt500 really caught up. We are both pretty amature drivers who knows what would have happend with good drivers on a track.

Anyone else tango with a GT500?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never had a chance to play around with one of those. I wish though. That would sooo much fun. Good kill. ...Well, good attempt anyways
    Not to flame, but I believe the word you're looking for is "brake." Brembo BRAKES. "Break" is a completely different word.

Oh, and we should move this to WRX vs. The World
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Me english good not so.

I left out that I got my STi for 30k and the GT500 was 60ish

I Support ClubWRX
    Those things are porkers and dont handle all that great. But HP and torque can make up for all that in straight lines.

Just wait till it drizzles and ask him to line up. I'm sure it would be a different story.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

$50,000 for a mustang

It is a nice car tho. very powerful. supercharged 5.4L V8.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

It looks like a mustang but that is about it.

http://www.internetautoguide.com/use...500/index.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Top Gear sure came down hard on the old skool live-axle rear suspension setup in that car. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for a vehicle, I'm going to want more than just raw power. +1 to what 302 said, as well. It's too heavy.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    $50,000 for a mustang

It is a nice car tho. very powerful. supercharged 5.4L V8.
    c6 or splurge to get the c6 z06 option. Some car mag ran a base c6 against the Shelby and it was a joke. The base c6 did everything better let alone the z06.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Yeah, even the hardcore mustang guys prefer the new Z06 to the GT500.

If you're heavily into drag racing, you'd want a solid axle rather than an IRS -they handle the power better and you worry less about breaking things.

The only GT500 I've seen at the track was driven by an old guy. It was pretty funny. When he staged, everyone in the crowd wa "ooohing" and "aaahhing." But then when he launched, he took off very lightly and gradually from idle. No wheelspin or anything -like he pulling out of a church parking lot. Everyone booed. I think he ran a in the high-12'sor low-13s.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

You see the crazy prices on that website he posted?? $85K for one?!?! Most of them are in the 60's. That's darn near Z06 territory.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

have you tried him from a dig?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

the review i read in road and track pitted the zo6 vs the viper vs the gt500. in the world of just balls out performance, the viper took it, but its daily driverablity was horrid, heat from the transnission ect. ect. the zo6 had almost the same performance of the viper with more creature comforts. the mstang was slower then the two (i use the term slow for the lack of a better one. less fast ) but cruised around town like a lexus, until you got into the pedal. it's also abot 15k cheaper then the other two.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004 View Post
    You see the crazy prices on that website he posted?? $85K for one?!?! Most of them are in the 60's. That's darn near Z06 territory.
    The sticker on the gt500 is only in the 40's...................These morons are paying 20+ over msrp for a car that is worth $40,000 the minute they drive it off the lot..
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    c6 or splurge to get the c6 z06 option. Some car mag ran a base c6 against the Shelby and it was a joke. The base c6 did everything better let alone the z06.
    Not terribly surprising, since the GT500 weighs 700 pounds more than the 'vette. (3900 pounds, for God's sake) That's over a 20% difference in weight.

Getting way OT, here, but when I finally get around to looking at a sportscar, I'm going to have to seriously look at some nice, used C5/C6's. Hard to beat the bang for the buck.

edit: With regard to the live axle, the word on Top Gear was that Ford did it to save money, not to make it an awesome dragster. Wouldn't you want an elite Mustang to be more well rounded? I'm no Ford guy, but haven't some previous Cobra's had IRS?
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 03-29-2007 at 08:32 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

"have you tried him from a dig?"

Not yet we are going do some more racing around later this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast