wrx vs. 92 jetta

This is a discussion on wrx vs. 92 jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so i know a guy who is just finishing up a 1992 jetta with a VR6 transplant in it. ...

wrx vs. 92 jetta

ok so i know a guy who is just finishing up a 1992 jetta with a VR6 transplant in it. no other mods, crap tires, and aparantly weighs just 2200 pounds. the VR6 is good for 180hp (crank). he keeps talkin Sh*t about how this thing will rape me but im pretty sure my wrx will have no problem shutting him up! do i have a good chance. my 03 wrx is stock
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mods: perrin turbo inlet hose, silencer delete, dvd player.

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the car really does only weigh 2,200lbs you are going to get walked. VR6's are usually good for mid-low 15's @ 93/94mph with a manual tranny. Take off 1,000lbs of weight and he is probably moving pretty well.

From a dig you "might" have a chance, but I doubt it. From a roll, you will get spanked HARD. Again, this is all assuming the car really does only weigh 2,200lbs.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yea your gonna get walked hard from a roll.. The rule of the with weight reduction is for every 100lbs is about 10hp gained. Plus he's about 1100+ lighter then you..

I'm gonna call BS on the 2200 pounds, but if it is true you will lose.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    Yea your gonna get walked hard from a roll.. The rule of the with weight reduction is for every 100lbs is about 10hp gained. Plus he's about 1100+ lighter then you..
    That not a rule........maybe a rule of thumb......but why would you do that when you can just simply calculate the power to weight ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by dan240 View Post
    That not a rule........maybe a rule of thumb......but why would you do that when you can just simply calculate the power to weight ratio.
    Yea i meant rule of thumb.. I was at work when typed that gotta be quick never know when the boss will pop in.

so i checked on a couple websites and they say the jetta weighs 2359pounds (there will also be a little more weight because of larger engine) and mine is around 3000 pounds.. i guess we will see. i think it will favour in me because i raced my dad in his lotus elan which has 145hp and weights 1500pounds and i beat it by about a car or two. well a couple weeks and the car will be done( by the way the driver sucks at stick, waits till the rpms are at rev limiter and bounces a bit before shifting, doesnt know how to launch)
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.

Wrx > Jetta

Good Luck and be sure to post results

SO months and months after i started this topic i finally raced him.. started on abandoned street with three honks...he launched hard and i did a very very light launch (not even boost yet) 1st gear he had me by a door, then second came along and i had him by a car, then middle of third i had him by two or three untill i had to shut down.. he kept making excuses but it was more then fair ... he had an intake and catless exhaust and i was stock... no launch FTW
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

Quote Originally Posted by 03specR1 View Post
    SO months and months after i started this topic i finally raced him.. started on abandoned street with three honks...he launched hard and i did a very very light launch (not even boost yet) 1st gear he had me by a door, then second came along and i had him by a car, then middle of third i had him by two or three untill i had to shut down.. he kept making excuses but it was more then fair ... he had an intake and catless exhaust and i was stock... no launch FTW
    Good run. He was def. full of it about the car weighing 2,200lbs then.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Good run. He was def. full of it about the car weighing 2,200lbs then.
    Either that, or he can't drive...the official curb weight is 2350-ish, so I think it's probably more like 2450-2500 after the motor swap...

2200 or 2500lbs.... either way, i wish my car weighed that little!

maybe he was a 300 pound fat man...
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX