06 sti vs. 06 tr with 16g
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 sti vs. 06 tr with 16g within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; we ran from a dig the first time and i got about 1 car at the launch and he pulled ...

06 sti vs. 06 tr with 16g

we ran from a dig the first time and i got about 1 car at the launch and he pulled up to my door at the shift to second and fell back when he shifted. finally caught me in 4th and kept pulling.

2nd run was from a 30 mph roll and i pulled about a half a car and he caught up in 4th again and pulled.

pretty fun runs, and im sure he will destroy me next since he has a 20g and 750cc injectors.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    we ran from a dig the first time and i got about 1 car at the launch and he pulled up to my door at the shift to second and fell back when he shifted. finally caught me in 4th and kept pulling.

2nd run was from a 30 mph roll and i pulled about a half a car and he caught up in 4th again and pulled.

pretty fun runs, and im sure he will destroy me next since he has a 20g and 750cc injectors.
    how fast did you two get it up to??

any mods to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    how fast did you two get it up to??

any mods to yours?
    about 120. "mods" are in sig.
    06 CGM STi

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would think a 16G wrx would smoke a stock STI, but maybe i missed something. My stage II wrx keeps up pretty damn good with stock STIs.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Nice runs..
    When my wrx was stage II, I kept up close enough on stock STI's.

w/ the 16G it shouldn't have a chance unless a stage II sti.

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva View Post
    Nice runs..
    When my wrx was stage II, I kept up close enough on stock STI's.

w/ the 16G it shouldn't have a chance unless a stage II sti.

Steve
    yeah, but keep in mind he's running it without the axel-back...so that adds 75hp-ish.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    yeah, but keep in mind he's running it without the axel-back...so that adds 75hp-ish.

yeah right, more like 75 AWHP.
    06 CGM STi

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is suprising that a 16g WRX couldn't beat a STI

Eh guess stuff happens, congrats on a nice STI

Since he fell behind only to pull in 4th both times tells me that he doesn't know how to drive his car.

It sounds like he is shifting too slow and then in 4th when he doesn't have to shift anymore the power of the car is finally realized and he passes you.

If this driver knew how to drive he should have you in 2nd.

I have a VF39 in my TR and Stage II STis don't stand much of a chance.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66 View Post
    Since he fell behind only to pull in 4th both times tells me that he doesn't know how to drive his car.

It sounds like he is shifting too slow and then in 4th when he doesn't have to shift anymore the power of the car is finally realized and he passes you.

maybe the stage 2 sti's you have raced dont know how to drive, maybe his car was not tuned right, maybe he had more passengers than me, maybe he had 20 sandbags in his trunk, maybe he didnt know how to drive, there is a lot of things to consider, but thats what happend...
    06 CGM STi

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar

Thats what i was going to say. Doesn't seem like your buddy is a great shifter.

maybe the stage 2 sti's you have raced dont know how to drive, maybe his car was not tuned right, maybe he had more passengers than me, maybe he had 20 sandbags in his trunk, maybe he didnt know how to drive, there is a lot of things to consider, but thats what happend...
    I'm not doubting what happened. Chill out.

From what you said (passing in 4th) I am led to believe that he is not comfortable shifting his car yet.

If his car wasn't tuned right, had 20 sandbags in the trunk or passengers, there is no explanation for catching up in 4th and only 4th.

Calm down. All that means is that YOU are a better driver.
    Car-less

I'm not doubting what happened. Chill out.

From what you said (passing in 4th) I am led to believe that he is not comfortable shifting his car yet.

If his car wasn't tuned right, had 20 sandbags in the trunk or passengers, there is no explanation for catching up in 4th and only 4th.

Calm down. All that means is that YOU are a better driver.
    LOL

chill out? all i did was state my opinion with no hostility at all. i dont even know why you took it that way. maybe if it was all in CAPS then i would understand, but whatever man.
    06 CGM STi

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL

chill out? all i did was state my opinion with no hostility at all. i dont even know why you took it that way. maybe if it was all in CAPS then i would understand, but whatever man.
    It just seemed like you were getting defensive over your victory and my comments. All I meant was that given the circumstances of your story it is obvious that the better driver won and that each car's capabilities might not have been reached.

Congrats!
    Car-less

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.