WRX and S2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX and S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw a nice looking S2000 this past weekend while getting on the freeway. I was going a few exits ...

WRX and S2000

I saw a nice looking S2000 this past weekend while getting on the freeway. I was going a few exits down so I didn't think I'd see him again. Turns out I met him at the next light. He had exhaust and a few exterior mods that I could tell of. We exchanged a few nods, then I rolled down my window and exchanged a few words. It was a fairly nice run to the next light with the streets being empty, so we decided to go. I got a nice launch and all I could hear were high RPMs somewhere behind me. I met him at the folling light and he was cursing AWD. Ahh, good times...

Thanks for listening - Anthony
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill - I played with one last night on route 37(NJ), he had some big exhaust pipes and kept trying - but his car just didn't have it. Off the line, 20 roll, 40 roll, 60 roll - he kept trying, I kept pulling away from him without a problem.

A few lights later I ran into a 1st gen eclipse with a loud 4" exhaust. He pulled on me, but it was close - drivers race - and he was the better driver.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Thanks! One of my first kills, really excited about it.

Those 1st gens are quick. It's funny, a lot of my friends have 1st gen Eclipses, I'm the odd man out.

-Anthony
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by AFeigt View Post
    Thanks! One of my first kills, really excited about it.

Those 1st gens are quick. It's funny, a lot of my friends have 1st gen Eclipses, I'm the odd man out.

-Anthony
    Same here - which is exactly why I went for it with him. If you see a first gen on the road, it's either a stock beater, or chances are someone has had plenty of time to work on it. Kind of like old 3rd gen f-body and foxbody cars.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    nice kill - I played with one last night on route 37(NJ), he had some big exhaust pipes and kept trying - but his car just didn't have it. Off the line, 20 roll, 40 roll, 60 roll - he kept trying, I kept pulling away from him without a problem.

A few lights later I ran into a 1st gen eclipse with a loud 4" exhaust. He pulled on me, but it was close - drivers race - and he was the better driver.
    What kind of power is your WRX putting down?

Cool nice kill. S2k's are nasty if you catch someone w/ some extra cash lyin around. There's a turbo one around here that destroyed my friends M3.

Those turbo Eclipses can be nasty too. I rolled on one from about 45-70 friday night. Just a little friendly pull. We were dead even the whole time. His turbo was way louder than mine. I'm stage 2 minus the CBE.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

s2000 lost

i have also seen a s2000 with some mean horse power but a Subaru is a stronger car over all and even with less hp the can kill the competition
    I'm For My Scooby

i Had an S2000 in between my wrx and now my sti. The S2000 is an awesome car, and verry fun to drive. Stock for stock it will beat a wrx. I almost like the s2000 as much as my STI . Good run if ya beat him cause top end on those things are pretty quick. My S did 99 mph in third gear, with 3 to go.
    04 WRX STI w/mods

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby320 View Post
    i have also seen a s2000 with some mean horse power but a Subaru is a stronger car over all and even with less hp the can kill the competition
    uh... ok
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

To OP: Good run

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    Cool nice kill. S2k's are nasty if you catch someone w/ some extra cash lyin around. There's a turbo one around here that destroyed my friends M3.
    Theres a yellow S around my area with a full Mugen kit. (exterior) The thing is sex. I haven't seen it anymore but that was over the summer. Might be the same guy, I don't know.

S2K are on the top of my list!. ( to buy )

Haven't run one yet with my STG 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSTI View Post
    i Had an S2000 in between my wrx and now my sti. The S2000 is an awesome car, and verry fun to drive. Stock for stock it will beat a wrx. I almost like the s2000 as much as my STI . Good run if ya beat him cause top end on those things are pretty quick. My S did 99 mph in third gear, with 3 to go.

Thanks. It wasn't a long run, just light to light. I basically took him off the line and he couldn't catch up in time. I love the S2000, awesome looking car, I believe if it had been a longer race, he would have caught me in the top end.

-Anthony
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    What kind of power is your WRX putting down?
    That's the big question - when PT gets their dyno installed, I'll find out. I'm guessing like 270awhp. Butt dyno FTW.

congrats on the kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Theres a yellow S around my area with a full Mugen kit. (exterior) The thing is sex. I haven't seen it anymore but that was over the summer. Might be the same guy, I don't know.
    Black w/ black rims? I don't think the one my friend raced had a kit though. It was pretty sleeper.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Oh, then never mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast