04 STi vs 04 GTO

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 04 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was close to 70 degrees here today in Chicago, and I was heading to Petsmart in my GTO to ...

Thumbs up 04 STi vs 04 GTO

It was close to 70 degrees here today in Chicago, and I was heading to Petsmart in my GTO to pick up some puppy chow. Westbound on 22nd St just past First Ave, and I made my way through traffic to come alongside a WRB 2004 STi. Driver and I exchanged courteous head nods, and as an upcoming light turned yellow, I hit the brakes. He seemed to be going through so I stopped braking. However, he had noticed me slowing, so he jammed on his Brembos. I then slammed on the brakes so that we could both line up. Chatted for a bit at the light, told him I used to have an 02 WRX, and said we should take it up to 30 or so when the light changes (40 mph zone). He had a catback and intake as his claimed mods, and I mentioned that I was still on snow tires (but I neglected to say that I had headers).

He built some revs just before the light changed, and I went from about 2000 rpm. STi jumped to a quick carlength lead, and he had to shift while my LS1 was charging to redline in first gear. I had some mild wheel hop as my Hankook Icebears certainly questioned why I was doing this to them on warm pavement. As I shifted to 2nd, I started to gain ground and had pulled even. I shut down as I was starting to pull past, and we both hit the brakes after getting up to maybe 45 or 50mph. Not much room due to traffic ahead or the right area to keep on going... Waves were exchanged as he kept going, and I turned off.

Nothing like a nice quick blast between two enthusiasts on a warm spring day to make you feel young again.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good job. He's probably glad the race ended when it did.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    It was close to 70 degrees here today in Chicago, and I was heading to Petsmart in my GTO to pick up some puppy chow. Westbound on 22nd St just past First Ave, and I made my way through traffic to come alongside a WRB 2004 STi. Driver and I exchanged courteous head nods, and as an upcoming light turned yellow, I hit the brakes. He seemed to be going through so I stopped braking. However, he had noticed me slowing, so he jammed on his Brembos. I then slammed on the brakes so that we could both line up. Chatted for a bit at the light, told him I used to have an 02 WRX, and said we should take it up to 30 or so when the light changes (40 mph zone). He had a catback and intake as his claimed mods, and I mentioned that I was still on snow tires (but I neglected to say that I had headers).

He built some revs just before the light changed, and I went from about 2000 rpm. STi jumped to a quick carlength lead, and he had to shift while my LS1 was charging to redline in first gear. I had some mild wheel hop as my Hankook Icebears certainly questioned why I was doing this to them on warm pavement. As I shifted to 2nd, I started to gain ground and had pulled even. I shut down as I was starting to pull past, and we both hit the brakes after getting up to maybe 45 or 50mph. Not much room due to traffic ahead or the right area to keep on going... Waves were exchanged as he kept going, and I turned off.

Nothing like a nice quick blast between two enthusiasts on a warm spring day to make you feel young again.
    young again? how old are you?! lol

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    young again? how old are you?! lol
    34. Older than many, and younger than a few.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

If it makes you feel better, I'm 41...
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

A good respectable race...none of the ricer BS and two car enthusiasts giving each other respect...thats why I love the Subaru Community
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

yeah.. your still young!

i'll be 22 in august...