WRX vs GTI? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTI? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What a puss. That's like playing kickball with a bunch of 1st graders to practice for soccer. I specifically try ...

What a puss. That's like playing kickball with a bunch of 1st graders to practice for soccer. I specifically try to race cars I know "should" beat me. That way, if I do well, I know it was more me than my car.

Any idiot with a heavy foot can win a race with a fast car. (think MILF in an automatic ZO6)

To the idiot with the best driving skills go the true spoils. Never underestimate the ability to actually drive your car to make up for any HP deficiencies.

Anyway, it woulda been fun!
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    so i asked him if he wanted to race and he said no. i offered both from a dig and a roll, but he said he will only race something he will win against. smart guy
    Yeah you might win but it would have to be from a dig cause from a roll he will prob. take you, 1.8t's kick but with a chip..

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Yeah you might win but it would have to be from a dig cause from a roll he will prob. take you, 1.8t's kick but with a chip..
    My friend has the 1.8 with the same mods you got, but like your sig says its only a 14 second car (mainly cause of the FWD aspect) but if they go from a dig the WRX is a stock 13 second car if driven well.
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

my friend has the 20th aniv edition gti. its a really nice car overall. it may not be faster than my wrx, but for everyday use? its way more comfortable and handles very well.

what exactly are low 14s? Why don't you just put exactly what you ran?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    what exactly are low 14s? Why don't you just put exactly what you ran?
    Its just a quote from a 1.8t site.. And I think thats pretty good considering there just bolt-ons from stock 180 horses..
    Last edited by VDUBHEAD; 04-27-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Isn't there a 4Motion GTI variant? My dad has a turbocharged Passat that's all wheel drive.
    Charlie
    Blobeye Syndicate #41
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3017183

Quote Originally Posted by chazly413 View Post
    Isn't there a 4Motion GTI variant? My dad has a turbocharged Passat that's all wheel drive.
    Sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooby-Doo View Post
    What a puss. That's like playing kickball with a bunch of 1st graders to practice for soccer. I specifically try to race cars I know "should" beat me. That way, if I do well, I know it was more me than my car.

Any idiot with a heavy foot can win a race with a fast car. (think MILF in an automatic ZO6)

To the idiot with the best driving skills go the true spoils. Never underestimate the ability to actually drive your car to make up for any HP deficiencies.

Anyway, it woulda been fun!
    why would anyone buy a Z06 in an automatic...?

Its just a quote from a 1.8t site.. And I think thats pretty good considering there just bolt-ons from stock 180 horses..
    No offense and not trying to be a prick, but just cause people have run low 14s with your mods does not mean you or your car will run low 14s. I mean car and driver ran a 14.1@96mph in a stock 02 wrx and i wouldn't go around saying i have 14.1 second wrx when it was stock. I have seen people run 13.0s with my setup but i have a mid 13 second car, not a 13.0 second car. Basically your car is however fast you can drive it and to put some numbers on how fast your car is without ever taking it to the track is kinda lame IMO.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

he's giving an approximate from other cars with the exact same mods, he's never been to the track, so nothing wrong with his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    why would anyone buy a Z06 in an automatic...?
    my point exactly. but it's still fast as crap and takes no driving skill to smoke most cars.

my point exactly. but it's still fast as crap and takes no driving skill to smoke most cars.
    The Z06 doesnt come as an auto.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    The Z06 doesnt come as an auto.

oh really, I didn't know that (sarcasm). thanks...neither does my lawnmower...but I guess that's not relevant either.

oh really, I didn't know that (sarcasm). thanks...neither does my lawnmower...but I guess that's not relevant either.
    My lawnmower was an auto.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.