STi VS Lancer Ralliart????
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi VS Lancer Ralliart???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm pulling into my parking spot at work and this Lancer Ralliart with a fart can proceeds to rev ...

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar

STi VS Lancer Ralliart????

So I'm pulling into my parking spot at work and this Lancer Ralliart with a fart can proceeds to rev it's exhaust at me. After parking and getting in the building I approach the owner of the car and proceed to ask if she was the owner of the "EVNO' reving her car at me. EVNO?, what's an EVNO? Well that's a Lancer that you look at and go "is that an Evo? No, it's just a Ralliart, an EVNO. Anyhow this individual proceeds to tell me that my STi is slow and that it's a POS and that she has decimated an STi already and so have 5 other drivers in the same STi vs her. So knowing how these cars from the factory I call shennanigans and call for a track day. This Sunday I will be facing off against the Ralliart that has beaten an STi with 5 different drivers. I don't know it sounds kind of fishy because I didn't see a FMIC and I know for fact that there are 2 15" subs in the trunk of a FWD car. I'm not a physicist, but it seems to me you don't want that much weight in the back of a FWD drag monster that destroys STi's. Any thoughts?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Their isn't much to worry about, Mitsubishi's suck!! Especially those crappy Evos!!!

I'm betting she doesn't even show up man!! Without a turbo, she's not gonna beat you.

If you didn't see a FMIC, then I'm doubting she's running a turbo. A FMIC would be pretty easy to spot on the front end of that car. So this was another Marine that said that??
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Okay, now you're just being modest, everyone knows that the Evo is a great car. And yes this is another Marine saying this. What's funny is you're the second person to call a no show on her part. So far I've got my buddy with an SRT-8 showing up to witness the spectacle, are you going to be able to make it? I was wondering about spray though. I haven't been able to confirm or deny any mods as she won't open the hood. And once again she does belong to the NEO car club. I haven't heard anything good about that crowd yet.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Like winning the special olympics

Not for nothing, an STI vs a Ralliart is a bit like a professional athlete beating up a high school varsity student.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

She claims that her ralliart pulls 3x harder than stock. I mean I'm not sure how else to accomplish that without a TC, SC or spray.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Not for nothing, an STI vs a Ralliart is a bit like a professional athlete beating up a high school varsity student.
    Funny analogy!!

I wouldn't worry about the spray too much!! You can't run that big of a shot through that engine without it rearranging it's insides.

I raced a Spec-V with exhaust and a 75 shot, not too sure about anything else.

Click here to see Video

And I'm pretty sure Spec-V's come with more power than a Ralliart.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

If what she says is true, she coulda bought a better car (an Evo) for probably less than what she would have invested in mods.

She doesn't know what she is talking about. Just put her down.

On a side note, Stage 2 is en route. Too bad I won't get to put it on for the race.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    She claims that her ralliart pulls 3x harder than stock. I mean I'm not sure how else to accomplish that without a TC, SC or spray.
    Better look out -- she's running one those "turbonator" intake restrictors and maybe even an electric fan supercharger!

Besides -- three times nothing is still nothing
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Could *maybe* it be a real EVO rebadged as a Rallyart or w/e?

I've heard of people making these things called "sleepers". My uncle has a twin turbo 1988 Saab 9000 (tons of mods). Looks like a euro slug but pulls HARD.

*shrugs*

GL w/your race.

Give her a run and see what happens. If for some reason she does give a good pull then maybe she will show you whats under the hood. I would say it really would be worth the kill to see what you could actually do to a 165hp FWD car that will beat a 300hp AWD car. Even with a 100 shot of NOS, thats still not going to be off the line. I am sure it will be a wheel hopping, rev limiter crying spectical for any attempt she will make even if she does show up.

If there was a Ralliart around here that was that fast someone would have heard about it. I haven't heard anything, so that's probably a good bet she's full of it.

Plus I haven't seen anything about it on the local forums. You can check them out if you want.

www.importsnc.com

www.performancefreaks.com

I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow. I'm taking my time putting on the 02 housing that should have been put on a while ago. If she shows up, which I'm really doubting it, I'm sure you'll stomp her down.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I'll be off to battle in about an hour. After it's done I'm going to play Gears of War. I played through the game again last night and it got me back into it. I'll let you guys know how this turns out.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX
    <=== Very much appreciates the fact that you're taking it to a track. Kudos to you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast