STi VS Lancer Ralliart???? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi VS Lancer Ralliart???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^Yeah Boss! For all the reasons that you are already aware of I take my racing to the track. Anyhow ...

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    ^^Yeah Boss! For all the reasons that you are already aware of I take my racing to the track.

Anyhow she was a no show. It was legitimate; she blew a tire yesterday. I inspected the vehicle un-beknownst to her and confirmed the tire story. However in going today I encountered a problem. I ran way worse than the last time I went. My 60's went to the toilet and so did my ET's. My best serious run of the day was a 13.9. The three biggest differences I could tell from last time were temperature, head wind and track prep. Last time the temps were low 60's high 50's no head wind and no track prep to speak of. This time it was 80 with a 5-10 mph head wind and the track had plenty of the sticky stuff. I couldn't launch the thing without bogging. I tried slipping the clutch, the old modulate the throttle to build boost(couldn't pull that off btw), 4k and 5k launches. I still couldn't get out of the 2.2's for my 60'. I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out. Does anyone see anything obvious wrong with this picture that I'm missing?
    Last edited by RealDealTarheel; 03-25-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno dude. I was running 2.2's last time I was there also. Luckily I was running 13.0-13.1 the few runs I made so I didn't feel too bad.

I still say that chick's car is not as fast as she says.

My gamertag is Evolvr2006. I'll shoot ya a PM when I go on there!! Prolly in like the next half hour or so.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Cool. How was the track prep the last time you went?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    ^^Yeah Boss! For all the reasons that you are already aware of I take my racing to the track.

Anyhow she was a no show. It was legitimate; she blew a tire yesterday. I inspected the vehicle un-beknownst to her and confirmed the tire story. However in going today I encountered a problem. I ran way worse than the last time I went. My 60's went to the toilet and so did my ET's. My best serious run of the day was a 13.9. The three biggest differences I could tell from last time were temperature, head wind and track prep. Last time the temps were low 60's high 50's no head wind and no track prep to speak of. This time it was 80 with a 5-10 mph head wind and the track had plenty of the sticky stuff. I couldn't launch the thing without bogging. I tried slipping the clutch, the old modulate the throttle to build boost(couldn't pull that off btw), 4k and 5k launches. I still couldn't get out of the 2.2's for my 60'. I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out. Does anyone see anything obvious wrong with this picture that I'm missing?

If you are bogging you are letting the clutch out to fast at to low of an RPM, you need to dump the clutch at a higher RPM try 5.5k and see if you can get a touch of wheels spin.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

^^Huhm....I was getting wheel spin the last time at around 4-5k on the launch. And I'm still a little leary of dumping the clutch, I just can't bring myself to just drop it. Something inside is telling me it's a bad idea.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

^Yeah, I've always been weary about that myself. I could probably cut some good 60ft's, but what's the possible damage to the drivetrain.

The track prep wasn't too bad last time I went. I was kinda warm outside as well.

How do I find ya on Gears online cause I'm on.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I Support ClubWRX
    guys seriously take the gaming invites to PM's.....deleting all the threads on it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Don't forget you want more pressure in the front tires to spin them and transfer power to the rear.

My sister drives a Mitsu Ralliart Lancer. They are semi quick. But not even WRX quick.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX View Post
    Don't forget you want more pressure in the front tires to spin them and transfer power to the rear.
    I'm running 40psi when I go to the track. They just prepped the track and they wouldn't break loose.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

is she hot? race her for a bj

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    If you are bogging you are letting the clutch out to fast at to low of an RPM, you need to dump the clutch at a higher RPM try 5.5k and see if you can get a touch of wheels spin.
    If you value your tranny don't dump!

Slip it out as fast as you can while keeping the rpm's in boost, I always do this, and 1/2 the time can pull some tire slippage... granted this is on the stock re92's...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    + 1 billion
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    It wouldn't be fair, she would want to lose

I Support ClubWRX
    that's why you stall
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.