Stg2 2006 WRX vs. 2006 Impreza
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg2 2006 WRX vs. 2006 Impreza within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i was leaving class the other day when a 2006 impreza rolled up behind leaving the college, i gave ...

Stg2 2006 WRX vs. 2006 Impreza

So i was leaving class the other day when a 2006 impreza rolled up behind leaving the college, i gave him the wave cause hey we are all subies deep down, i guess bro thought that meant i was hardcore into racing him which he seemed excitied about, there is around a mile or so of road before we got the highway in which down that entire road i went 40 (35 zone) and he followed so close i couldn't see his headlights . While we were getting on the highway (its a long on ramp) he kept speeding up and slamming his brakes on at the last second so as to not hit me, so i was getting mad at this kid for driving like a prick so we finally hit the straight away and he swerved to the outside lane, he pulled up next to me while still giving it his all and i was like and then put the gas down (in 5th) and walked away from his (suprise suprise) Well this must have bruised his ego because bro started swerving in and out of traffic (3:30 on route 15 so not too good on traffic) till he passed me going around 90-100 starred at me and then turned on the next off ramp.

So i guess i lost?

I was just trying to show some subie love and i get annoyed by a ricer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

One of the many pet peeves of mine is being tailgated! I'd give him a brake check. That'll freak him out, especially with the way he was doing it.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

that happend to me once, a kid in a late 90s 2.5rs saw him a few miles down the road pulled over by 2 cops

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    One of the many pet peeves of mine is being tailgated! I'd give him a brake check. That'll freak him out, especially with the way he was doing it.

When I owned My MINI I had some dude in a 4 runner tailgating in morning rush hour (no where to go ) so close I couldnt see his headlights. Now on a MINI that is close. He was on his cell phone not paying attention. So I flashed him some brake lights, he threw up his hands all mad and proceeded to get even closer. I pointed at him in the center rearview and held up my fingers counting down 3-2-1 and at each number I gave him a taillight tap. By the time I hit 1, he had been on my ass for around 2 miles and I had had it. So I locked them up as hard as they would watching him the whole time in the rearview.
    His phone flew across the cabin of his 4 runner, both hands hit the steering wheel and smoke erupted from his brakes as he swerved into the grass median.

Now as if a bull that had seen red, he whipped that beast back on the road and proceeded to get even closer than before if it was possible. Again I counted down to him in the rearview, and just as I began to apply brakes and hit "1" he slammed on his brakes, hung way back and pulled off the road at the next stop and calmed down.

In retrospect it was an insanely stupid thing to do strictly from a physics and injury stand point. At the end of the day he learned a lesson, but it coulda turned out all bad for not only us but the innocent people on the road.

Ibeaschmuk
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 03-22-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Not to be an ass, but what you did was dangerous, and I know you agreed too. What if he hadn't braked, or what if he braked so hard , what if the person behind him hit him and so on? Instead of brake checking, why dont you let the bastard go and switch lanes? just my $.02 ...

he wasnt showin any subie love

Are you talking to the dude with the mini? cause i certainly didn't brake check, i am not willing to have a retard ram through me rex, i couldn't deal with it being in the shop

I'm too afraid to brake check. I love my beautiful back end.

Usually when I get the a-hole driver I just pull off on the shoulder and wait for them to WOT past me. ( which they do 99.9999% of the time)

i was talking to the guy with the MINI. if some one is tailing you,just change lanes....

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    When I owned My MINI I had some dude in a 4 runner tailgating in morning rush hour (no where to go ) so close I couldnt see his headlights. Now on a MINI that is close. He was on his cell phone not paying attention. So I flashed him some brake lights, he threw up his hands all mad and proceeded to get even closer. I pointed at him in the center rearview and held up my fingers counting down 3-2-1 and at each number I gave him a taillight tap. By the time I hit 1, he had been on my ass for around 2 miles and I had had it. So I locked them up as hard as they would watching him the whole time in the rearview.
    His phone flew across the cabin of his 4 runner, both hands hit the steering wheel and smoke erupted from his brakes as he swerved into the grass median.

Now as if a bull that had seen red, he whipped that beast back on the road and proceeded to get even closer than before if it was possible. Again I counted down to him in the rearview, and just as I began to apply brakes and hit "1" he slammed on his brakes, hung way back and pulled off the road at the next stop and calmed down.

In retrospect it was an insanely stupid thing to do strictly from a physics and injury stand point. At the end of the day he learned a lesson, but it coulda turned out all bad for not only us but the innocent people on the road.

Ibeaschmuk
    My heart was beating as if it was gonna come out of my mouth as I read along your post! I hate people like that! That had never happened to me and have always been successful freakin' them out that either they back out, or just pass me up. I don't brake check often, but with a fine line that I define.

But that doesn't fix the problem doesn't it?!

To the orignal post, at least you had fun putting him in place, especially for the Mini!

Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    i was talking to the guy with the MINI. if some one is tailing you,just change lanes....
    If you read his post carefully, he said that he didn't have any place to go.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 03-22-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Guess I missed that, my bad.

i lost my legacy to some girl because i brake checked her. totalled my car and hers. we both learned a lesson
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    So i was leaving class the other day when a 2006 impreza rolled up behind leaving the college, i gave him the wave cause hey we are all subies deep down, i guess bro thought that meant i was hardcore into racing him which he seemed excitied about, there is around a mile or so of road before we got the highway in which down that entire road i went 40 (35 zone) and he followed so close i couldn't see his headlights . While we were getting on the highway (its a long on ramp) he kept speeding up and slamming his brakes on at the last second so as to not hit me, so i was getting mad at this kid for driving like a prick so we finally hit the straight away and he swerved to the outside lane, he pulled up next to me while still giving it his all and i was like and then put the gas down (in 5th) and walked away from his (suprise suprise) Well this must have bruised his ego because bro started swerving in and out of traffic (3:30 on route 15 so not too good on traffic) till he passed me going around 90-100 starred at me and then turned on the next off ramp.

So i guess i lost?

I was just trying to show some subie love and i get annoyed by a ricer
    This kind of thing happens to me on a daily basis -maybe is a MD thing. The road is full of insecure a-holes using their cars or SUVs (usually the latter) to compete with with everyone on the highway. Occasionally, they'll get next to my Evo, and I feel a moral obligation to to put them in their place. I'll pull 10+ carlengths in a matter of seconds while they're giving it all they got. After I let off, they fly by and start weaving in and out of traffic in defeat. The thing that sickens me is that its usually 30-40 yr olds going to work in their SUVs, not 17 yr old ricers.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    This kind of thing happens to me on a daily basis -maybe is a MD thing. The road is full of insecure a-holes using their cars or SUVs (usually the latter) to compete with with everyone on the highway. Occasionally, they'll get next to my Evo, and I feel a moral obligation to to put them in their place. I'll pull 10+ carlengths in a matter of seconds while they're giving it all they got. After I let off, they fly by and start weaving in and out of traffic in defeat. The thing that sickens me is that its usually 30-40 yr olds going to work in their SUVs, not 17 yr old ricers.
    +2 on the MD thing. When it snowed last weekend I was able to pass just about every stupid SUV on the road. Once they saw this little import with a huge wing on the back of it making it's way through traffic (I love my DCCD and conti snow tires) the decided to either attempt to not let me around them, tailgate, speed up and try to tailgate, or beep their horn as I was passing (as if it was unsafe).

The other lady in a Yukon kept looking at me at red lights trying to figure out how my little car was passing her going up hills.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

The day after the ice storm last week, the roads were just plowed and just about every SUV driver on 695 was doing 90-100 mph. I guess they needed to prove that their SUVs can do something besides consume gasoline.

Then 695 became a parking lot when one of these a--holes flipped over going around a bend. I actually got stuck in that mess.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast