C4 vs WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on C4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys. You gotta check out this thread going on in a corvette forum. C4 vs WRX. It will give you ...

C4 vs WRX

Guys.

You gotta check out this thread going on in a corvette forum. C4 vs WRX.

It will give you some real laughs and insight on the corvette owners mindset:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1641363

WR
    Last edited by WR Wreck's; 03-19-2007 at 03:07 AM.
    2002 Black WRX
    1998 GMC 1500 Pick up
    *1988 corvette street legal pro-street car
    best time 1/4: 10.5 sec at 129 mph
    *2003 Great Lakes Region Corvette Challenge Drag Racing series Points Champion.
    *2006, 2007, & 2008 NMCA True Street Class winner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha. good find. Our rice only weights 2500 pounds and you have to rev the **** out of it to get any power. lol Oh ...and we can't get any more power out of a stock wrx.

The show a c4 pic and an s202 pic stating that the stock c4 should never lose, correct me if I am wrong but wont an s202 own a 80's c4.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

When I get my c4 back together...

When it's all over, they still wish they had a Vette
    a c-4???

wrx is the new hyundai excel

I dunno, vette's are awesome but the elitist attitude that seems to come with them is stupid.

The stereotype vette owner is some douche bag in a mid life crisis who automatically assumes he has the fastest car at the office, at the golf course, on the boulevard, or anywhere else he goes. The sad reality is that if douche bag ever took his car to the track, he'd get owned by just about everything there. A modded WRX, or even a stock WRX, will murder any stock C4 light to light, and give most a run for their money in the 1/4 mile. Instead of saying, "Hey, quick car man." Corvette douche bags have to say **** like, "He wishes it was a vette." or the ever popular one from the ZR1 crowd, "I'll race you to 180 MPH." or how about, "My car looks better, people think it's some kind of exotic."

Why in Hell can't Corvette guys admit that maybe, just maybe, their car isn't God's gift to the world of motor sports? I love Corvettes, but damn, they are not the be all, end all of automobiles.

I know a guy with a C6 ZO6. He read on here that Ranger went into the 10's with one with no mods other than drag radials. Every time I see this tool, he talks about how nothing can touch his 10 second car. Too bad he's never been to the track and tried to drive his car to a 10 second slip. It might be a 10 second car on the right day, be he's a 13 second driver every day, no doubt about it. That's the stereotype people think of when they see a Corvette owner. Maybe the stereotype is undeserved, but some of you guys are earning every word of it.
    wow, probably the smartest person on that board

Who cares? You have a Corvette. The WRX will end up in the junkyard and your Corvette will eventually rise in value
    wow again a c-4???

t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

The corvette community has more than its share of idiots. It seems alot of them belive the have the worlds greatest car and everyone should bow down to their almighty LS-x.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to say all vetter owners are like this or that other car community's aren't like this just that I've met a bunch of corvetter owners and an abnormally high amount of them seem to be this way.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I have an 07 WRX. My brother in law has a 01/02 Corvette. Good guy, but he's always talking smack. I guess that mentality just comes with the car

-Anthony
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

Wow, that was a good read..and to sum up.

A WRX weighs 2500lbs and has 365hp, but all of the power is over 6000RPMS

Doesn't that equate to like an 11 sec quarter mile?

I have no problem with people not knowing anything about WRXs (as a matter of fact that is why I like them), but why just pull numbers out of your butt like that?

Good times
    2013 WRX SWP

maybe because corvettes have (girl) magnets in them
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 03-19-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Edited for language

Quote Originally Posted by gtdeitypr2 View Post
    maybe because corvettes have (girl) magnets in them
    HAHAHA, this is awesome..

Who the hell wants a rice burning, fart canned import over a Vette?
    Pretty good debate going on.

-A
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 03-19-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: edited the qoute for language
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

i read most of that thread, the way i see it is: Most of those c4 owners only know c4 culture, and are stuck in it(unfortunately for them). those who do know about subaru's, and own one, trust them enough to haul there families around in. most subaru owners 20+ know both cultures and chose imports over domestics for any number of reasons. I'm an auto technician, have worked on both domestics and imports and one phrase given to me will always apply. "the only reason there are so many still around is because when they gained popularity, the simply were'nt many imports competing, and also because all the oil leaks prevented rust". i think its just an occasional elitist attitude flaming the fires of ignorance. That being said, I do love corvettes, although the c4 would have been my last choice.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    i read most of that thread, the way i see it is: Most of those c4 owners only know c4 culture, and are stuck in it(unfortunately for them). those who do know about subaru's, and own one, trust them enough to haul there families around in. most subaru owners 20+ know both cultures and chose imports over domestics for any number of reasons. I'm an auto technician, have worked on both domestics and imports and one phrase given to me will always apply. "the only reason there are so many still around is because when they gained popularity, the simply were'nt many imports competing, and also because all the oil leaks prevented rust". i think its just an occasional elitist attitude flaming the fires of ignorance. That being said, I do love corvettes, although the c4 would have been my last choice.
    You are absolutely right.We know way more about Vettes than those snobs know about WRxs. Their loss.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I always liked the C3
    FORZA FERRARI

I thought a C4 was an explosive?
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post
    I thought a C4 was an explosive?
    No thats the C5-R when driven by dale earnhardt jr at an ALMS race

FORZA FERRARI

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast