C4 vs WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on C4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dragonwrx1 *DROOLS over southpaw corvette that thing is sexy !!!! damn i want a sti and a ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1 View Post
    *DROOLS over southpaw corvette that thing is sexy !!!! damn i want a sti and a corvette in the future!!!!
    Heh, he... thanks.

I am one of the few enthusiasts that doesn't care about where a car is from or who makes it... I enjoy all performance cars for what they can do, not what label they wear.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

C6 is the sex!!

C6 Z06 is I'd take one over a Viper anyday of the week!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004 View Post
    C6 is the sex!!

C6 Z06 is I'd take one over a Viper anyday of the week!!
    +1000

Although, the new SRT-10 GTS 600 is NASTY!
    PICS & MODS

Ah, what a thread that was

I understand that some people are uneducated and have ignorant elitist attitudes... but the funniest thing is how they talk about "vette this, vette that, c4 p0wnz, like an exotic, etc.. etc..." And yet, the average retail of a C4 vette these days is what? $8,000 tops

Anyways, I almost kinda prefer to have them think this way. I have shut up many domestic owners with similar attitudes. I remember beating a friend of a friend in his 91 Vette with intake/exhaust. He was mortified at the fact that my "4 banger ricer" absolutely wasted him. I just smiled.

Besides, the C4 is nothing to write home about IMO. I drove a late 80's early 90's vette (I Forget the exact year) and it was not impressive. Torque was "decent" at best, power was not held to redline, and handling was rather sub-par. My WRX was a much better car in all respects and even my bolt on GSR was more impressive.

However, I did get to ride in a 96' vette with full exhaust and coilovers and it was pretty nice. But to my understanding the mid-90's C4's were considerably better than the previous ones.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The one thing to keep an eye on has precipitated from the fact that C4's are so cheap now.

A used one has ratty interior? No problem.

Toss the carpet and matting, sound proofing, power seats, stereo, door panels, A/C, Air pump, spare tire and jack, add plastic hood, lexan rear window, beef up the motor, etc and you have your self a street machine for cheap.

Not comfortable but quick.

Yeah, yeah, I know rain/ snow it stays home, can't drive it any where except cruisin around on Fri/Sat nights, but they are becoming more popular as a street fighter is some areas.

WR
    2002 Black WRX
    1998 GMC 1500 Pick up
    *1988 corvette street legal pro-street car
    best time 1/4: 10.5 sec at 129 mph
    *2003 Great Lakes Region Corvette Challenge Drag Racing series Points Champion.
    *2006, 2007, & 2008 NMCA True Street Class winner

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Ah, what a thread that was

I understand that some people are uneducated and have ignorant elitist attitudes... but the funniest thing is how they talk about "vette this, vette that, c4 p0wnz, like an exotic, etc.. etc..." And yet, the average retail of a C4 vette these days is what? $8,000 tops

Anyways, I almost kinda prefer to have them think this way. I have shut up many domestic owners with similar attitudes. I remember beating a friend of a friend in his 91 Vette with intake/exhaust. He was mortified at the fact that my "4 banger ricer" absolutely wasted him. I just smiled.

Besides, the C4 is nothing to write home about IMO. I drove a late 80's early 90's vette (I Forget the exact year) and it was not impressive. Torque was "decent" at best, power was not held to redline, and handling was rather sub-par. My WRX was a much better car in all respects and even my bolt on GSR was more impressive.

However, I did get to ride in a 96' vette with full exhaust and coilovers and it was pretty nice. But to my understanding the mid-90's C4's were considerably better than the previous ones.
    Yep. I also agree with Ray that C4's are my least favorite generation of Corvette. Don't forget though, that they ran until 1996. A buddy of mine sold his '96 Vert with 50k for close to $15,000 last summer, so the right cars still get decent resale. The Lotus tuned ZR1's (1990-1995) are still $20,000+ in decent shape. The best handling/most powerful C4, it has a Lotus DOHC V8, made close to 400 HP, and retailed at a staggering $70,000 new. It's performance was hardly sub-par, with a 0-60mph time of 4.6 seconds, and onto 180+ mph top speed. Not until the C5 Z06 was there a true successor for the ZR1...
    PICS & MODS

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the c4 is a great power/cost ratio now on the market. A few wise people are probaly buying some and holding on to them as there is no such thing as a "cheap old vette" anymore. I have considered picking one up as a daily driver but cant justify 8-10k for a daily driver at this point. It has it's place in the sports car world...but it's by no means on the top of the ladder.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    The Lotus tuned ZR1's (1990-1995) are still $20,000+ in decent shape. The best handling/most powerful C4, it has a Lotus DOHC V8, made close to 400 HP, and retailed at a staggering $70,000 new. It's performance was hardly sub-par, with a 0-60mph time of 4.6 seconds, and onto 180+ mph top speed. Not until the C5 Z06 was there a true successor for the ZR1...
    Weren't the ZR1's notorious for being inconsistent? One would test like a supercar, the next wasn't that much of an improvement over the standard C4? Seems like I remember something about that. I would also possibly own one of those, if it had the advertised hp.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I saw a sick ZR1 in AC at the auction a couple of weeks ago but I did not see what it went for on the block.

I am with Tommy boy on this one, I like fast cars, domestic or foreign (even a few Germans it pains me to say, lol). But you get D-bags on every side of the argument, that get wicked upset for having a different point of view than you do, it usually turns fun at that point.
    Last edited by Juice33; 03-22-2007 at 12:10 PM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

"Uneducated losers. Even my 16 y/o Vette turns more heads than a ricer. People think it's an expensive exotic. The rumbling exhaust helps."

"Corvettes are not the best cars built. They are the favorite car of many people. Same with ricers. Many people prefer them. A ricer cannot feel the same as a rear wheel V8 sportscar. A rearwheel V8 sportscar cannot feel the same as a ricer. Ricers are a dime a dozen. Vettes are not. This is where the exclusivity come from."

i hate the term ricer

"ok guys,enough is enough!!!!!
    we are all vette lovers,we are all in the same boat so stop bagging each other!
    if a fu*cked up rice burner got on our site and was bragging /being a smart ass fair enough lets bag him/give him sh*it and pi*ss him of but he hasnt!
    we should all stick togeather and agree to disagree and be done with it dont you think!!!
    and this is all getting of the topic a bit as well!
    " vettes are the best, chuck out the rest " and be done with it.
    i just want us all to still remain friends/allies thats all!
    cheers guys
    glen"

this is their senior member^^^ lol, yaknow what a biggot. i rarely ever see this kind of talk on this or any other respectable TUNER-(not ricer i HATE that name) site. these guys have their own screwed up and twisted world going on. " vettes are the best, chuck out the rest " and be done with it." are you f ing kidding me? it's sick really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.