C4 vs WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on C4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like 'vettes. I'd love to own a classy C2 bigblock. I have to say that the C4's are probably ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I like 'vettes. I'd love to own a classy C2 bigblock.

I have to say that the C4's are probably my least favorite generation, though I don't dislike them or anything. I drove one a few years back, and it felt nowhere near as quick as my WRX (unfair comparison, my WRX was quite modded at the time), and really didn't feel that nimble to me. Also, the squeaks and rattles were quite quite pronounced, but then it was a 10 year old car. I did enjoy the V8 rumble.

I think that a C5 is a great buy. They're getting to where you can get a nice one with low mileage for what, low-mid $20's? And that's a car that's 90% of what the C6 is.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Uh yeah, that was kind of bad. . . I'm sure we'll have something comparable in wrx vs the world in the near future.

Banned
    Funniest avatar ever!

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Funniest avatar ever!

since when is 13's something to get all excited about
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    since when is 13's something to get all excited about
    especially on a domestic forum.

You want to really piss off a vette owner? See what happens when I tell them my Goat has the same motor as their C6. Sparks fly...

Fact is I bought a WRX based on the reputation you all built among gear heads. So, I say it's just ignorance on a bunch of wannabes part. Check out LS1GTO.com. WRX's and EVO's get alot of respect.

Mustangs on the other hand
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

The only thing I hate about GTO's is the shifter. I've driven my buddy's plenty of times and it's extremely comfortable and easy to drive. But the shifter is beyond sloppy and vague.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004 View Post
    The only thing I hate about GTO's is the shifter. I've driven my buddy's plenty of times and it's extremely comfortable and easy to drive. But the shifter is beyond sloppy and vague.
    True. and the factory stereo sucks... You loved that interior though didn't you...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    True. and the factory stereo sucks... You loved that interior though didn't you...
    Oh hell yeah. The seats are really really comfortable and POWER!!! Love that feature!!

I dunno about the stock stereo cause my buddy's has an upgraded system.

If they were a little cheaper, I would own one. I think it's an awesome DD!! Plus they have the added side of being pretty quick from the start.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

haha believe it or not. last year at autocross, i beat a Z06 by 2 seconds on a lap in my old neon rt with only some suspension upgrades and 180 horse. lol i dont know if he knew how to drive the thing... but he thought he was the sh*t
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mods: perrin turbo inlet hose, silencer delete, dvd player.

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.

I personally do not like vettes. Just not my style. I love Vipers, GTOs, and old trans ams. (I like the look of the old body style as I grew up seeing the trans am body as the classic muscle car.) They are nice cars...just not the kind of car I would spend so much money on.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    You want to really piss off a vette owner? See what happens when I tell them my Goat has the same motor as their C6. Sparks fly...
    That same basic LS2 is used in many GM models, even SS sport-utes, unless I'm mistaken. I'm surprised that serious Vette-heads wouldn't know that.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

what do you expect out of people buying an expensive investment? of course they are going to think it is the best ever

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    what do you expect out of people buying an expensive investment? of course they are going to think it is the best ever
    Yeah, but car guys are car guys. Most domestic fans that I'm acquainted with know quite a bit about the various families of V8's built in the U.S.
    There are always exceptions, of course.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

*DROOLS over southpaw corvette that thing is sexy !!!! damn i want a sti and a corvette in the future!!!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.