Street Racing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 I don't get as much attention from ricer in the Z, probably because alot fo the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I don't get as much attention from ricer in the Z, probably because alot fo the drivers are older people.
    +1
    I was on my favorite path home last night (twisty) in the wagon, stuck behind an older gentleman in a Z, who categorically refused to go through corners at any speed at all. I'd try to create a gap so that I could have fun, and he'd slow up so much that it still ruined it. Why buy a sportscar if you're afraid of corners?

^^rhetorical question.

I've also found that the wagon gets less attention. I don't get nearly the number of rice encounters that I did in my sedan. It's a relief, actually.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

I've also found that the wagon gets less attention. I don't get nearly the number of rice encounters that I did in my sedan. It's a relief, actually.
    Are you sure the car seats dont also aid in this?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Are you sure the car seats dont also aid in this?
    Cretin.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    The turbo diesel trucks are always fun. Especially when they are driven by 30-40 year old men.

Lol speaking of that PJ i had some nitwit rev on me when he was sitting in traffic on the other side of the highway when i was turning into the campus....The only way i heard it was because it was really nice today so my windows were down. He had some riced out civic hatch of course.

And i was playing a little catch up to an STi on this long strech of open highway on the way to school....unfortunatly i couldn't keep up....obviously.
    I was just going to say almost never, except for full-size turbo diesels and ****ty , primered crx's w/ fart cans. Ofcourse, to and from work leaves little possibility.

Funny thing is, in my 5 years of driving i have gotten 1 ticket and not been pulled over but that one time. You would think my Eclipse with exhaust, lowered with a lip kit i would draw a lot of attention. But the ticket i got was in my friends pick up truck of all things lol.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

So far I haven't had anyone try to race me. I want just one person to try but nothing yet.

Then again its been really crappy weather except the last 3 days.

But when I had my 2.2 cobalt some kid in a riced out cavy revved his fart can at me, I laughed and just blew him off the line, which was funny because I was bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    Ricers love to rev next to me or do a fly by.
    ahh yes, the ricer fly by

The turbo diesel trucks are always fun. Especially when they are driven by 30-40 year old men.
    Had one practically run me off the road. We were at a light. His lane was blocked by a truck being unloaded. He decided to try to gun it but didn't have the room since I "zoomed" in. He then decided to take me out. I got so caught up in the shock that he was going to ram me that I forgot to shift into second and the car hit red and slowed. He then passed. At the next light I gave him the thumbs up instead of the finger to let him know he's uber cool.

hmm this is a more wide spread thing than i first though. At first i just thought it was the rednecks around here
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Man i'm always getting that in the nicer weather...last summer I had 2 different pontiacs try to race me at the same time (3 lane highway) 1 was a grandprix that was blasting rap music with the toddlers in the back seat and other was some jagoff kid in a grandam with no bumpers and yes a fartcan muffler........they both flew off the line when the light changed and i started normally like Wtf??? but yeah it seems like the subaru's are doomed to be taunted by the trucks and ricers..........
    02 debaged bugeye with a Magnaflow Axleback, Perrin Dp, Samco IC pipes, APS Inlet, Perrin Fuel Rails, Tien H-Techs, Cobb Sway Kit, Whiteline Endlinks (Front & Back), Omori Boost Gauge, & Stg 2.....It's a good start

I Support ClubWRX
    At first i just thought it was the rednecks around here
    There are rednecks everywhere, my friend. They may speak differently, or dress differently, but rest assured, we are everywhere.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I was on my favorite path home last night (twisty) in the wagon, stuck behind an older gentleman in a Z, who categorically refused to go through corners at any speed at all. I'd try to create a gap so that I could have fun, and he'd slow up so much that it still ruined it. Why buy a sportscar if you're afraid of corners?
    Thats funny I hate when that happens. Like the people who stand on their brakes all the way throught the turn/corner.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 03-15-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

There are rednecks everywhere, my friend. They may speak differently, or dress differently, but rest assured, we are everywhere.
    Tou'che.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Apparently the local Ricers already have the memo, STi's are quick. The only thing I've been bothered by is a Mullet Mobile, AKA Trans Am.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

i raced a Wrx once ona stretch of highway, and i porsche 911, that BLEW ME AWAY...

i always get the ricer flybys... many pests like that around here
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast