2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Do you live in a rural area or something? I see these on a multi-daily ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Do you live in a rural area or something?

I see these on a multi-daily basis. Hell, just today on my way to class I came across an E55 AMG, SL63 AMG, Lambo Gallardo, 997 911 Turbo. And that is just what my eye caught while I was half asleep at the wheel, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    +1 I see a lot of them. AMG mercedes around especially SL and SLK's.
    Well, sorry everyone can't live in your metropolitan area...

You might not know this, but folks that don't live in or near large cities like you have far less of a cross-section to view in regards to automobiles.

Suprisingly, it is not the driver's fault that he doesn't see those semi-exotic cars when he doesn't live in a metroplex...

The good news is that the rural driver, while he doesn't get to see the fruit of the best of European engineering, gets to be the cock-of-the-walk in his own town... he gets to have the only car that looks like his... he doesn't have to deal with seeing a car that looks EXACTLY LIKE HIS every day...

Have you got my point yet? Leave the superior attitude at home. You are NO BETTER than anyone else, ESPECIALLY not because of where you live... what a dumb measuring stick...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Sorry, I meant to put SLK55. I was wondering what you were talking about with the supercharger....

Anywho, He has this thing in storage right now because his dad owns some big company down in Texas and has a summer job where he rakes in like $150K. He goes back down and drives it. He did not want to risk it in Missouri winters.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...enz_slk55_amg/

Sorry for the confusion, but more imput is necessary! LOL
    I ran one of those with my 04 STi, at the time I had catless turbo back, intake, and utec but I was untuned and running REALLY rich (my injectors were at 100% capacity at full throttle) and with the generic stage 2 map I was getting most of my acceleration at 4000k and below. Any who I ran it and pulled about a car or 2. Now Im tuned and pull way harder mid to high range. Oh and btw I suck at shifting because I never really run the car, my friend with an 05 sti and just a catless tbe can sometimes keep up with me and even pass me when I mess up my shifts really bad. I have a tendancy to want to push the clutch all the way to the floor board and by doing that it takes a bit longer.

Oh oh I almost forgot the run was from my 2nd gear starting at about 2500-3000rpms (probably like 10-15mph) and stopped at around 90mph or so. Not the most optimal points to start a run but he kept trying to get me to run and we finally got an open empty stretch when he caught me off guard and just hit it so I just stomped 2nd when I was just casually accelerating. Afterwards he said he only ran me because he thought he would take me.

EDIT: actually I think I ran the CLK55AMG not the SLK but they look the same spec wise with the clk having a little more power but weighing around 100lbs more, don't know if the gearing and overall acceleration is completely different though.

EDIT ONE MORE TIME HAHA: Actually I dont remember if it was an slk or clk because I ran it about 7 months ago, I could have swore it was an slk but it was dark out and I dont remember what the front of the car looked like, I do remember the LK part of the name and the 55 AMG but not if it was a C or S in front of the LK haha.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 03-14-2007 at 03:47 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Have you got my point yet? Leave the superior attitude at home. You are NO BETTER than anyone else, ESPECIALLY not because of where you live... what a dumb measuring stick...

Uhh relax buddy. When one was anyone trying to have superior attitude? We were just commenting that theres alot of those cars in our area. Whats so bad about that?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Well, sorry everyone can't live in your metropolitan area...

You might not know this, but folks that don't live in or near large cities like you have far less of a cross-section to view in regards to automobiles.

Suprisingly, it is not the driver's fault that he doesn't see those semi-exotic cars when he doesn't live in a metroplex...

The good news is that the rural driver, while he doesn't get to see the fruit of the best of European engineering, gets to be the cock-of-the-walk in his own town... he gets to have the only car that looks like his... he doesn't have to deal with seeing a car that looks EXACTLY LIKE HIS every day...

I love this. A n00b telling ME not to carry a superior attidude towards Bill..... My Penn-State sex partner.

Hey n00b, if you were not illiteate you would have noticed that I asked if he lived in a rural area. The reason for asking such a question was because I do indeed acknowledge that people living in more rural areas are obviously not going to see as many nice cars because much less traffic and people in general.

Reading comprehension 0wnz you.... Severely.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

A n00b
    Define "n00b". I'm not sure what 2 letters and 2 numbers mean. Also, I think you misspelled "0wnz".

Keep your insults to yourself, assuming that's what you were trying to do.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you live in a rural area or something?

I see these on a multi-daily basis. Hell, just today on my way to class I came across an E55 AMG, SL63 AMG, Lambo Gallardo, 997 911 Turbo. And that is just what my eye caught while I was half asleep at the wheel, lol.
    Yep - right on the edge of suburbia and cow country. There are some nearby afluent areas.

Literally five minutes from my house. Moo.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 03-14-2007 at 03:17 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX

I love this. A n00b telling ME not to carry a superior attidude towards Bill..... My Penn-State sex partner.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Define "n00b". I'm not sure what 2 letters and 2 numbers mean. Also, I think you misspelled "0wnz".

Keep your insults to yourself, assuming that's what you were trying to do.
    n00b (in this circumstance) = bringing yourself into a conversation in which you have no idea what is being discussed. You over-reacted and in turn made yourself look foolish. No one here needs/wants your soapbox rants that have relatively very little to do with my intentions.. which you grossly misunderstood.

The illiterate, reading comprehension 0wnz you remark is neither here nor there in relation to being a n00b. We have n00bs that do have reading comprehension skills here. Unfortunately, you seem to be inflicted with both negative aspects being discussed.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Don't worry... Just play it cool
    No one has to know......

Unless you want them to know
    Just call me Clark Kent

Yep - right on the edge of suburbia and cow country. There are some nearby afluent areas.

Literally five minutes from my house. Moo.

So I take it you make it a habit of having sex with the hot daughters of farmers

I know I would.
    Just call me Clark Kent

n00b (in this circumstance) = bringing yourself into a conversation in which you have no idea what is being discussed. You over-reacted and in turn made yourself look foolish. No one here needs/wants your soapbox rants that have relatively very little to do with my intentions.. which you grossly misunderstood.

The illiterate, reading comprehension 0wnz you remark is neither here nor there in relation to being a n00b. We have n00bs that do have reading comprehension skills here. Unfortunately, you seem to be inflicted with both negative aspects being discussed.
    PWNAGE

Starting to look like Nasioc.

I Support ClubWRX
    For starters let's not jump to a conclusion thinking someone was attempting to insult you, your status, or where you live.

Secondly let's take it a tad bit easier on the noob bashing please. Naziok is a different website.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't worry... Just play it cool
    No one has to know......

Unless you want them to know
    Well its out now ...

So I take it you make it a habit of having sex with the hot daughters of farmers

I know I would.
    Ever see real farmers? They are mostly "sturdy" looking folk. I really do admire them for choosing such hard work for relativly little $.
    Mods & Pics

Ever see real farmers? They are mostly "sturdy" looking folk. I really do admire them for choosing such hard work for relativly little $.
    That is true, I saw two highschool Jocks try to jump a "cowboy" at a party when I lived in nebraska and he beat the piss out of both of them. It was quite entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.