Beaten by an R32... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Beaten by an R32... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if i wanted an AWD euro sports car, I'd get an RS4. Granted it is like 30000 more than the ...

if i wanted an AWD euro sports car, I'd get an RS4. Granted it is like 30000 more than the R32, that car has some serious power. Two of em run together in my town, both older guys, challenging people to race.

...yet another one of my zany equations:

Rich People + Nothing to do = overcompensating cars + too much free time.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    ...yet another one of my zany equations:

Rich People + Nothing to do = overcompensating cars + too much free time.
    Do you really believe this? Actually, statistics show that most of the multi-millionaires in this country are first-generation rich. Meaning they have created their own wealth. You don't do that by sitting around doing nothing.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

some sig worthy stuff in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    R32s are nice cars. Look good and sound good even with a stock exhaust. A bigger and better VR6+WHD=teh fast.

It shouldn't beat an STI if its stock though...

I ran one in Englishtown when I was Stage 1 in my STI...we started off pretty even and then he just started walking me about 2 lengths...about 50 ft from the finish, he shut down and I got a win. Dunno why he shut down, but when coming back to staging, I noticed the giant intercooler. He later popped the hood (pop the hood?) Pop the hood...and I noticed he had about $10-15 grand, and even overnighted parts from Japan. He should decimate all...

...sorry for the tangent, but he was turbo'd on that 3.2L VR6 and making some daaaaaaaaamn good power. Now I know why I got walked on....
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You don't do that by sitting around doing nothing.
    just watch me!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i like the R32, woulda gotten one if VW released it in time. (cuz i want DSG) i looked at the Audi A3/ TT, but those just cost more enough to be out of my desired range.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    just watch me!
    So that's what you're into.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'm a vw guy, have been for 15 years, I work in the VW aftermarket industry. www.performancevwmag.com I signed up here because Iím about to buy an 07 STI for a daily driver. This will be my first non German car. It's not replacing my current VW (1992 MK2 GTI VR6 swap) The STI is going to be a daily so my garage queen 1991 Golf can rest easy until show time and the occasional Sunday drive..

There is a lot of really bad info in this thread. There is no such thing as a "JDM" turbo kit for an R32. An R32 turbo kit doesn't not cost anywhere near 23 grand, you can damn near buy an R32 for that now days In fact I think us VW guys are under the impression that it's cheaper to mod Japanese cars. Iím finding the prices are very much the same for aftermarket bits. 5 or 6 grand in an EIP turbo kit will make 600hp in an R32 all day long. Stock for Stock it can't run with an STI. It's not supposed to.

It is not supposed to compete with STi's and Evo's. It's a totally different car. I could buy an R32 but I'm ready for a change and I've had several MK4 platform cars. I'm excited about the Subaru.

That being said the fit and finish and quality of materials, over all "solidness" and "soul" of the R32 or any VW over a Subaru is the major difference. Performance wise, VW will never send a car to the states that can compete in performance for the money. But average R32 drivers donít' care about all out performance if they did they would buy an Evo or STI. The overall quality ďfeelĒ of an R32 is far better than any Japanese car in itís price rage. The balls out stock performance is not.
    1991 GTI VR6 Garage Queen

I love R32's...if WRX's or STi's didn't exist an R32 would be my car.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. London View Post
    I'm a vw guy, have been for 15 years, I work in the VW aftermarket industry. www.performancevwmag.com I signed up here because Iím about to buy an 07 STI for a daily driver. This will be my first non German car. It's not replacing my current VW (1992 MK2 GTI VR6 swap) The STI is going to be a daily so my garage queen 1991 Golf can rest easy until show time and the occasional Sunday drive..

There is a lot of really bad info in this thread. There is no such thing as a "JDM" turbo kit for an R32. An R32 turbo kit doesn't not cost anywhere near 23 grand, you can damn near buy an R32 for that now days In fact I think us VW guys are under the impression that it's cheaper to mod Japanese cars. Iím finding the prices are very much the same for aftermarket bits. 5 or 6 grand in an EIP turbo kit will make 600hp in an R32 all day long. Stock for Stock it can't run with an STI. It's not supposed to.

It is not supposed to compete with STi's and Evo's. It's a totally different car. I could buy an R32 but I'm ready for a change and I've had several MK4 platform cars. I'm excited about the Subaru.

That being said the fit and finish and quality of materials, over all "solidness" and "soul" of the R32 or any VW over a Subaru is the major difference. Performance wise, VW will never send a car to the states that can compete in performance for the money. But average R32 drivers donít' care about all out performance if they did they would buy an Evo or STI. The overall quality ďfeelĒ of an R32 is far better than any Japanese car in itís price rage. The balls out stock performance is not.
    Thats awesome...welcome to the WRX/STI/Subaru community...enjoy them because they are awesome (I came from a '03 Jetta GLI VR6 6spd before my STI, and I did enjoy that car in its stock form... )
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

thanks for the warm welcome Mike. It looks like you bought the car that made me decide I finally wanted an STI. I wanted the limited in that color. Not being up on Subaru stuff it looks like I slept too long. My dealer doesn't have any and I've been told all the limiteds are totally sold out.

My next choice is white on gold. I'll have the 05 tail lights ready to swap in right away as well as a trip to my body guy to ditch the wing.

I look forward to it. I can pretend I'm just a littel bit practical (2 kids) and plenty of winter, but on the other hand I can have a car that is a blast to drive.
    1991 GTI VR6 Garage Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. London View Post
    thanks for the warm welcome Mike. It looks like you bought the car that made me decide I finally wanted an STI. I wanted the limited in that color. Not being up on Subaru stuff it looks like I slept too long. My dealer doesn't have any and I've been told all the limiteds are totally sold out.

My next choice is white on gold. I'll have the 05 tail lights ready to swap in right away as well as a trip to my body guy to ditch the wing.

I look forward to it. I can pretend I'm just a littel bit practical (2 kids) and plenty of winter, but on the other hand I can have a car that is a blast to drive.
    NICE! I have always loved STIs and even the giant wings and blingin World Rally Blue color...but just graduating college and wanting a newer, little bit more refined of a car...I saw the Limited when they first hit the lots after researching them all over the Subaru websites...and was in love. Not that the Limited is refined, but its got a creature comfort or two more than the regular STI and ALL of the performance is still there. What more could one like us ask for? I absolutely love it! You might be able to find a Limited around somewhere, like Ebay and by searching around the internet...but as far as my knowledge as well, all 800 have been sold by now. Don't let the White go unlooked though...I kinda wish I got the Satin White Pearl instead because its one of the nicest colors on a car I've ever seen...elegant to say the least...but oh well, I'm not complaining one bit at all!!!

You definitely made the right choice with looking for an STI...can't beat it!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Beat an R32

I have the spt power pack, and i beat my friend's R32 this afternoon to 60. We're both pretty good shifters, both took driving performance classes at the same time, but the turbo helped to 60. he was gaining on me at that point though, the quarter would be close.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.