Beaten by an R32... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beaten by an R32... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Agreed. the R32 is probably the only VW i'd buy but it's still very VERY overpriced for what you get. ...

Agreed. the R32 is probably the only VW i'd buy but it's still very VERY overpriced for what you get.

still a nice car regardless though
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think they have one of the best sounding, non v8 engines out there. i wouldnt mind having hpa put one together for me. i really like r32s.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The other smiley face didnt show up next to the rolleyes.

It was complete sarcasim as when the car came out everyone said how faster it was compared to the wrx when it wasnt priced against the wrx. I'm not doubting you beat it on a timed course or any other course for that matter. Anyone can beat anyone.
    Sorry, I was a little slow on the uptake. Already mentally planning for tomorrow's autocross
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

I have seen some absolutely rediculous turbo R32s actually... like well above 600awhp, they have a ton of potential. Its hard to make up for the lack of 2 cylinders and the extra 1.2 liters when you get into the higher HP numbers. I wouldnt under estimate them once the mod game has been played.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I really like the MK4 R32. Sure they lack power, but they handle nice, brake nice, have great torque, an awesome exhaust note, and look pretty good. And the solid interior that hold one of the best seats I have ever sat in counts for something too.

I thoroughly dislike the MK5 R32 though. Just as slow, worse seats, worse braking, and still the same price.

When your $35,000 sport coupe gets absolutely wasted by a stage2 wrx there is a problem.

But like I said, the R32 is not all about speed... Though for the price, it should acknowledge it more. I have always thought a sportier version of the Audi 2.7T should have gone in the R32.
    What an amazing car it would have been then
    Last edited by DTR rex; 03-16-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Stock exhaust from them is pretty loud. I use to work at Volkswagen and had the chance to drive them around quite a bit. They are fast little things. But heavy, also its nice they have 6 speed.
    There is a mod for the stock exhaust to make it sound louder and meaner. there is a little hose hooked up to the muffler and you just rip that out and it gives it that mean sound

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I really like the MK4 R32. Sure they lack power, but they handle nice, brake nice, have great torque, an awesome exhaust note, and look pretty good. And the solid interior that hold one of the best seats I have ever sat in counts for something too.

I thoroughly dislike the MK5 R32 though. Just as slow, worse seats, worse braking, and still the same price.

When your $35,000 sport coupe gets absolutely wasted by a stage2 wrx there is a problem.

But like I said, the R32 is not all about speed... Though for the price, it should acknowledge it more. I have always thought a sportier version of the Audi 2.7T should have gone in the R32.
    What an amazing car it would have been then
    I have raced a few WRX's with My R32 and have one all of them, except against one which was auto but heavily modded, plus bigger turbo, i don not quite know the exact specs, but it start pulling on me after the initial launch, but around 110mph, i start to close the gap, but still couldnt get better than 2 car difference even at those speeds. This race was almost 2 years ago, when i first got the car. I have yet to lose to an STI or a WRX, but that day will probably come soon. BTW, I still have the R32, and the WRX (sti engine), but my new daily driver is an M5.

p.s. i checked out the MKV R32 at the Auto Show here in chicago, and saw one on the road last winter when i was living in Italy, and though they are nice, and probably have some improvements, i still think the MKIV R32 is sexier.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I think the best part of them are their resale values. That's such an awesome aspect. Nice cars, too, though they're too expensive for what they are for my taste.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    I ran a VW R32 on my way home from college friday, we ran from 70-110ish. I couldnt tell what mods he was running but I think I could hear some type of exhaust from him. I have a 2002 WRX with just a TBE for power. Once we matched each other's speed he beeped 3 times and we both gunned it. Immediately he jumpped ahead of me by atleast half a car then I held onto my own to around 85. Once we got above 85 he started pulling again and by the time we hit 110 he was about 1.5 cars ahead of me. Overall I was happy with the results, R32s are suppose to be pretty quick and I was definately surprised that I even stayed within 20ft of him. I pretty sure with stage 2 I would have walked him.
    R32 = little car + big VR6 power. Ridic. from a dig, you could prolly take him in the quarter. BUT he DOES have AWD as well. He's got one more gear than you too. R32's slaughter WRX's 90% of the time. STI would still kill it though.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

I'm amazed to hear this, especially after I absolutely slaughtered a modded one at 14psi

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I'm amazed to hear this, especially after I absolutely slaughtered a modded one at 14psi
    orly?

good stuff
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

R32s are nice cars. Look good and sound good even with a stock exhaust. A bigger and better VR6+WHD=teh fast.

It shouldn't beat an STI if its stock though...

I ran one in Englishtown when I was Stage 1 in my STI...we started off pretty even and then he just started walking me about 2 lengths...about 50 ft from the finish, he shut down and I got a win. Dunno why he shut down, but when coming back to staging, I noticed the giant intercooler. He later popped the hood (pop the hood?) Pop the hood...and I noticed he had about $10-15 grand, and even overnighted parts from Japan. He should decimate all...

...sorry for the tangent, but he was turbo'd on that 3.2L VR6 and making some daaaaaaaaamn good power. Now I know why I got walked on....
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ..and I noticed he had about $10-15 grand, and even overnighted parts from Japan. He should decimate all...

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN! Mad tyte JDM VW parts!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Haha, yup those European cars still use JDM parts when they want the real power lolololol.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

VW .:R32 is very nice car. Although I'm not a fan of the interior. The dash is as boring as all Jetta/Golf's plus a brushed aluminum panel (yay!).

For 30k+ it should have the performance of the Evo/STi and Quattro full time AWD not Haldex 4WD.

The Turbo kit for it is $23,000!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast