911's Vs Me? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 911's Vs Me? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Great job - looks like you had a blast! And add me to the list of people who need to ...

Great job - looks like you had a blast!

And add me to the list of people who need to get out to the track.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow...sounds like you had a blast and an epiphany!! (sp??)

Now you get to shell out bucks for your new addiction, and I can TOTALLY relate!

Like I tell the auto-xers and 1/4 milers....try a day at a road course just once and you'll never go back. They just don't compare (in my book).

I'm guessing you went the Shanandoah track? 105 top speed can't be the Summit Point track. What did you think of the super banked chicane?

And btw...what did your boss say after you picked him off?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Registered User kriswhite_23505's Avatar
    Shanandoah track it was. Chicane (carousel) was so much fun. It does some weird stuff to your belly. As far as my friend goes; if you look at a few of the pics you can see a cayman in front of me and his 911 behind me. He had to wave me by and couldn't keep up with me until the whole brake situation. I had to wave him by after that. He came back to work and told everybody how he made me seem slow and how he was digging in my ass. Besides my brake issues I also had an issue with my intercooler. The clamp came of and the whole thing came unattached. I didn't know what it was and basically had to limp the car home. He told everybody at work some cars are made for speed and some aren't. I was pretty pissed but I figured that he is insecure about his $60K+ car getting outdone by my little $30K car. Whatever. He'll stay my boss and maybe not my friend. Had a blast anyway.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ha...deep down he now knows whos the boss.....on the track

Too bad about the brake bleeder and loose IC. Now you are learning lesson two about track days....check, check, and double check everything before commencing.

I'll bet you are already looking at the calender for the next FATT!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Aug. 17th I've already submitted vacation papers and I am also trying to get the real boss (my wife) to say yeah. And lesson learned...CHECK, CHECK and Then CHECK again.

So how much does something like this cost? It sounds absolutely amazing and definitely the type of driving I want to do. I love drag racing and all, but its a straight line, and how much fun can a straight line be when you can run around a nice 3.5+ mile long track
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I paid $225 for the the class/track day. Fuel and prep for the track are a different story. I recommend trying it as it was an absolute blast. I can't wait to go back again. I think they have something like this at a few of the east coast tracks. Good luck!

http://www.bsr-inc.com/

go to recreation and saftey, then look for FATT (Friday and the track). Cost is $225. Looks like it filled up a couple months in advance.

I'd like to go also, maybe we could plan some sort of Mid-Atlantic IWSTI trip out there?
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    If Summit gets booked way ahead, just look for the "club" weekend events and then search the internet for those clubs. Often, you can contact them and they'll let you in on the fun for a fee since it reduces their track rental costs.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    If Summit gets booked way ahead, just look for the "club" weekend events and then search the internet for those clubs. Often, you can contact them and they'll let you in on the fun for a fee since it reduces their track rental costs.
    innnnnnteresting...
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.