Porsche Boxster this morning.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Porsche Boxster this morning. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am sure this is no surprise but going through my normal drive to work a boxster thought it might ...

Banned

Porsche Boxster this morning.

I am sure this is no surprise but going through my normal drive to work a boxster thought it might be able to take some twisties with me. I came up behind him he accelerated and was passed in the second lane going through the first turn. Boxster did not seem to be able to keep up with the acceleration of the STI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_C6 View Post
    I am sure this is no surprise but going through my normal drive to work a boxster thought it might be able to take some twisties with me. I came up behind him he accelerated and was passed in the second lane going through the first turn. Boxster did not seem to be able to keep up with the acceleration of the STI.
    Boxster 245hp 0-60 in 5.8
    Boxster S 295hp 0-60 in 5.2

Either way, you'd run away from him from a dig. Highway roll from 50/60 - might be close with the S. I've beaten Boxsters and Cayennes, 911's are a mixed batch, still not sure if it's a drivers race or not. I need to dyno and find out how much hp/tq I'm making. Cobb map says 320, but that's flywheel I think.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Was a it a boxster s or non-s?

The Boxster-S is a pretty decent car, and actually does have acceleration pretty close to what the STi does. (mid 13's and 105mph traps). The non-s however is a dog, and couldn't touch an STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Was a it a boxster s or non-s?

The Boxster-S is a pretty decent car, and actually does have acceleration pretty close to what the STi does. (mid 13's and 105mph traps). The non-s however is a dog, and couldn't touch an STi.
    I think it was an S but am not sure. I wonder how well it corners compared to my STI though.

How is it the boxter thought he could run with you, when you were behind him??? BTW passing on back roads, isn't a race and sound dangerous. This post has nothing to do with wrx vs. the world. Some guy was driving, and you passed him, probably on a double yellow line. Nothing educational came from this and we now have no idea what a race or track comp. would be like with a boxter. Thanks for your input

I don't believe the Boxter's are much of a performance car. The seem to be for people who just want the porsche name at a fair price.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    I don't believe the Boxter's are much of a performance car. The seem to be for people who just want the porsche name at a fair price.
    I would call it a pure performance car, actually. I don't know what else it could be. It's a freakin' slick H6 in a lightweight, mid-engined, brilliantly suspended chassis with w3some brakes and a kick-ass transmission. Pure sports car, my friend. Who cares if it takes a whopping 5.8 seconds to hit 60?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I would call it a pure performance car, actually. I don't know what else it could be. It's a freakin' slick H6 in a lightweight, mid-engined, brilliantly suspended chassis with w3some brakes and a kick-ass transmission. Pure sports car, my friend. Who cares if it takes a whopping 5.8 seconds to hit 60?
    I must concur.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Dont you know that you need 300 hp (or 293 post 06 standards), AWD, H4 not 6, Brembos, and a not so slick six speed, along with awesome axle breaking 0-60 times in order to be a sports car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Dont you know that you need 300 hp (or 293 post 06 standards), AWD, H4 not 6, Brembos, and a not so slick six speed, along with awesome axle breaking 0-60 times in order to be a sports car.
    You forgot that it has to have four doors, too.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

? =w/l

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    STI - FT?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

My friend has a Cayman S, I have driven that car and while the car is amazing handling and stopping and the trans is beautiful its only slighty faster than my Stage II 05 WRX, and its not really faster until you are getting up to speed, Im sure my wrx would take it pretty hard from a stop and the Cayman may or may not pass my wrx by the 1/4 mile mark, but from a roll at 60 or so it would creep away. That car is not about pure speed though, its about the overall driving experience and its amazing. Just so you guys know the Cayman S is exactly the same as the boxster S now, except its a hardtop. The new boxster S and cayman S are far superior to the previous ones. It depends on what he raced, the new ones are mid 13 second cars with traps in the 105mph range while the older S models were high 13 second to low 14 second car with traps just over 100mph, now the regular models are a totally different story, the older regular boxster was a dog, I am not sure how the new one stacks up.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 03-10-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

The only reason you buy a Boxter is because you can't afford a 911.

Now if he had been in a 911 Carrera S, you'd be dead meat.

everybody bashes on the Porsche Boxster, but I bet all the people who bash on it have never driven one.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Accept no substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by bnb5550 View Post
    The only reason you buy a Boxter is because you can't afford a 911.

Now if he had been in a 911 Carrera S, you'd be dead meat.
    For the price of the 911 Carrera S, you could have two STI's, both faster, and still have money left over. But you won't be the lucky guy driving home in the Porsche.

I'm still dreaming of owning a 911 Turbo. It's gonna be a while, but 0-60 in 3.7 seconds -- pardon me I need to change my shorts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast