Porsche Boxster this morning. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Porsche Boxster this morning. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm just wondering why there are always idiots here who have to start arguing what is better? why would you ...

i'm just wondering why there are always idiots here who have to start arguing what is better? why would you even want to argue. It's a friggin porshe idiot. a porshe is a porshe brotha! Sti is a great car. and indeed all porshes are too! i'll take one anyday!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    i'm just wondering why there are always idiots here who have to start arguing what is better? why would you even want to argue. It's a friggin porshe idiot. a porshe is a porshe brotha! Sti is a great car. and indeed all porshes are too! i'll take one anyday!
    Remind me to hit you up when you have an STi. I've got a sweetheart deal for you on a 944 in trade for that junky ole STi

Sorry..couldn't resist. It's not all about the name. Every manufacturer puts out a lemon or two.

Regarding the porsche v sti...he posted he beat the guy. Regardless of anyone's questions, thats what was posted. We weren't there so any winging or comparisons are moot.

I personally stomped all over a stock Boxter (non S) the first year they came out in my stock WRX (at the time). Frumaroll and fromadig. Didn't matter.

However, I recently had the opportunity to drive one, and lets just say the handling is sublime. MUCH better than any stock subaru platform...spec C, RA...whatever (yes, I've driven them also). Didn't or doesn't the boxter currently hold R&T or C&D slalom record? I usually chuckle at their 1/4 mile times, as they obviously are in need of some lessons, but their handling tests are usually pretty accurate.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Doesn't the Boxster S have one of the higher Slalom and Skidpad numbers out of the Porshes??
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    For the price of the 911 Carrera S, you could have two STI's, both faster, and still have money left over. But you won't be the lucky guy driving home in the Porsche.

I'm still dreaming of owning a 911 Turbo. It's gonna be a while, but 0-60 in 3.7 seconds -- pardon me I need to change my shorts.
    I think I read a recent test where they nailed a 3.4 second 0-60 time.

*edit: yep, it's in Edmunds' Inside Line Comparo test against teh R8. It hit 60mph in 3.4 seconds...with the automatic tranny (maybe the stick is slower?). Ran an 11.6 @ 119mph 1/4 mile. I need a 911 Turbo. But I'd settle for a regular ol' 911.

*splooge*
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Guy that works in the restaurant next to me just got a 911 Turbo and I swear to god on his way out of work today he took the almost-90-degree-2-lane-turn at the intersection at like 50 mph.. he was hauling ass and it didn't look like his car was hesitating at all. *Was jealous*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Dont you know that you need 300 hp (or 293 post 06 standards), AWD, H4 not 6, Brembos, and a not so slick six speed, along with awesome axle breaking 0-60 times in order to be a sports car.
    Thanks for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I would call it a pure performance car, actually. I don't know what else it could be. It's a freakin' slick H6 in a lightweight, mid-engined, brilliantly suspended chassis with w3some brakes and a kick-ass transmission. Pure sports car, my friend. Who cares if it takes a whopping 5.8 seconds to hit 60?

i agree, check the tests in car and driver or automobile on the boxster s. they love it, and it handles very well. i never liked the way they look, always thought it was kind of a girly car.

Quote Originally Posted by ww_Crimson View Post
    Guy that works in the restaurant next to me just got a 911 Turbo and I swear to god on his way out of work today he took the almost-90-degree-2-lane-turn at the intersection at like 50 mph.. he was hauling ass and it didn't look like his car was hesitating at all. *Was jealous*
    A good suspension setup can yield similar results. Just depends how much you are willing to spend. I had a friend in my WRX yesterday and he was freaking out about the speed I was approaching an offramp at. Posted speed for turn is 25, I was doing 55. New tires help, but my setup(Tein SS coilovers, rear sway & endlinks, camber set at -1/-1.5 F/R) is mild and still bites into the road quite well. That being said, I don't drive like that on a daily basis. My last set of tires gave me roughly 30k before I started to notice they weren't quite the same.

However, my bugeye dustbucket is no porsche. I've had the joy of driving a few older porsche's (80's through 2000)- and really, they are consistantly the best handling RWD cars I have ever had the pleasure of driving. Not to mention the design, but they really are beautiful.

Check out the feature site for the 911 GT3, there is a really great track video where you can zoom in and examine each of the cars features as they are put to use around the track. It's the active damping system that really catches my eye.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Thanks for the sig.

Ha, no problem...I thought it was clever at the time
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12