My first fun run vs a 350z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first fun run vs a 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down the road and see a 350z. I could hear the after-market exhaust on it but I ...

My first fun run vs a 350z

I was driving down the road and see a 350z. I could hear the after-market exhaust on it but I didn't think much of it. I managed to pull up next to it and I nodded to him. I decided not to launch as I have only done it once and poorly so I just started a bit harder then I normally do. We stay together till about 3rd gear when he just flies away.................by the end of 3rd he was probably 1.5 bus lengths...............

I meet him at the next stop light and as soon as I roll my windows down he says, "I drive a demo of that car." So I say cool and all that stuff and ask him what mods he has. He says he put a turbonetics turbo kit in. No wonder I lost so badly.

Also before this little pull, I saw him randomly give it gas at 60 and him burning out. Maybe that was a sign he was out of my league? He was clean besides the Nismo license plate frame he had so it was a nice looking black 350z. Not sure if it was a touring edition or just a normal one but I guess it doesn't matter with a turbo kit.

All in all I was so tired in the morning today but that woke me up. It was a enjoyable rush of adrenaline.

Oh and I am stock for all that was wondering. I do plan to get some SPT parts put in to keep my warrenty later but first I need my 32" LCD HDTV.
    Last edited by viperuws; 03-09-2007 at 06:35 AM.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good death.

I love Turbo Z's.

A local guy around here has a TT-Z with some body mods and absolutely beautiful wheels. It is one of if not the nicest Z I have ever seen and I cream my pants everytime I see the car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Good death.

I love Turbo Z's.

A local guy around here has a TT-Z with some body mods and absolutely beautiful wheels. It is one of if not the nicest Z I have ever seen and I cream my pants everytime I see the car.
    TT Z's are pretty badass - TT vettes are even more so

I'm determined to leave my Z stock for as long as I can stand it. Owning the WRX really helps, I hardly ever drive the Z.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    TT Z's are pretty badass - TT vettes are even more so

I'm determined to leave my Z stock for as long as I can stand it. Owning the WRX really helps, I hardly ever drive the Z.
    Why do you still have the Z then?

I would sell the rex and the Z and pick up an STi then

Or sell the rex and go TT on the Z and buy a cheaper Daily driver.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I love Turbo Z's.
    +100

On a side note I think the turbonetics kit is a single turbo kit. Not sure though.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 03-09-2007 at 03:49 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I like that idea... Sell the WRX, buy a 5000 commuter civic, and TT the Z!!!

Well, it's like this. I really like both my Z and my WRX. The WRX however wins the job of carting my fuzzybutt around on the daily for the following reasons listed in no specific order: faster, better gas mileage, more room, doesn't get followed as much by johnny ricer, doesn't get followed as much by cops, better visibility, and the joy of all wheel drive.

I've always wanted to own a Z, I've had friends with 240's, 280's, and 300's in high school and always wanted one. I really like the 350Z, it's solid and very easy to drive. I've taught friends and family how to drive stick in it. There's a good deal of potential for the car in the future if I should choose to mod it.

I bought my Z in March of 2005, then bought my WRX in October of 2005. Had I driven the STI before I bought my Z, I would have probably just stuck with one car (the STI). Having two cars is a nice thing, and both cars are a pleasure to drive. When either car needs work, I'm not in a rush - I can drop it off and drive the other until it's ready. It's also nice to be able to lend a car to a friend in need, though after having 2 cars totalled by my 2 best friends - I'm not planning on handing anyone the keys anytime soon.

Before I picked up the WRX, I had a 2002 Protege. I put a t3/.60 on it with a FMIC and two injectors pre TB, tuned via piggyback, got greedy and ran higher boost than I was tuned for - put three holes in the block. Sold the turbo and related components and put the car back to stock. Missed the speed, so I bought the Z. My plans were to keep the Protege as my daily driver, and only use the Z on weekends and the occasional day off. That never worked, the Z became my every day driver and my Protege just sat. So I traded it in for the WRX which upon purchase I said "I'll keep it stock", then changed to "I'll just flash stage I", then "stage II will be enough", and finally to the point it is at now.

Mod plan at this point is to pay off both cars as I'm slightly upside down on both. I pay a bit over 900 each month to have my cars, and I enjoy the hell out of them so it could be worse. I look at it as training for purchasing a house. When the cars are paid off, the combination of rent money plus the freed up car payments should be just about right for a painless switch into a 30 year...... god I'm getting old.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    +100

On a side note I think the turbonetics kit is a single turbo kit. Not sure though.
    Yeah, it is.

That is why I used "turbo" as in singular in my post
    Just call me Clark Kent

Yeah, it is.

That is why I used "turbo" as in singular in my post
    Yeah I suppose that would make sense

I looked on the Z forum looks people are getting pretty close to 400WHP on non rev-up Z's.
    FORZA FERRARI

Yeah I suppose that would make sense

I looked on the Z forum looks people are getting pretty close to 400WHP on non rev-up Z's.
    The rev-up is poo! Though if memory serves there are people who have mixed the upper and lower plenums from rev-up and non rev-up, to gain performance. I think it is a matter of the front area of the plenum not giving as much air.

The rev-up is poo! Though if memory serves there are people who have mixed the upper and lower plenums from rev-up and non rev-up, to gain performance. I think it is a matter of the front area of the plenum not giving as much air.
    Meh I've driven both I like the rev-up it could use more torque but it feels alot stronger up top and I think its worth it. The HR is a perfect.

I don't think turbonetics has a kit for the rev-up yet, I didn't see it on there website and couldn't find any dynos of it.
    FORZA FERRARI

theres this 350z around here that has around 600+RWHP twin turbo and bigger block. crazy, loud as hek

Nice death!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Meh I've driven both I like the rev-up it could use more torque but it feels alot stronger up top and I think its worth it. The HR is a perfect.

I don't think turbonetics has a kit for the rev-up yet, I didn't see it on there website and couldn't find any dynos of it.
    IMHO the revup is going to have less aftermarket support. It was made for a shorter amount of time and has the variable exhaust, probably harder to tune with or something. I really think the performance advantage has more to do with the variable exhaust cam as the plenum spacers are not in short supply or limited to one or two models. Nissan really should have designed the plenum to sit a tad higher in the first place, changing it on the revup was just their way of correcting an error in design. If memory serves both the upper and lower plenum are differint on the revup. I haven't driven a revup yet, but I don't think I'd mind sacrificing a bit of torque on the low end for a bit more hp up high. I think they raised the rev limiter as well.

I hate the new bump in the hood but like the twin MAF/TB's on the new one that's coming. Now if only they would include a provision for camber/toe adjustment from the factory.

IMHO the revup is going to have less aftermarket support. It was made for a shorter amount of time and has the variable exhaust, probably harder to tune with or something. I really think the performance advantage has more to do with the variable exhaust cam as the plenum spacers are not in short supply or limited to one or two models. Nissan really should have designed the plenum to sit a tad higher in the first place, changing it on the revup was just their way of correcting an error in design. If memory serves both the upper and lower plenum are differint on the revup. I haven't driven a revup yet, but I don't think I'd mind sacrificing a bit of torque on the low end for a bit more hp up high. I think they raised the rev limiter as well.

I hate the new bump in the hood but like the twin MAF/TB's on the new one that's coming. Now if only they would include a provision for camber/toe adjustment from the factory.

Yeah I see what your saying. I didn't really thinkg about the after market supports since I'm not going to do much modding.

The hood goiter on the new one is pretty weird looking but if the engines worth it I think I could get over it.
    FORZA FERRARI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.