My first fun run vs a 350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first fun run vs a 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i dont know about you but my z sucks in the snow. there was less then a half inch and ...

i dont know about you but my z sucks in the snow. there was less then a half inch and it got stuck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Full Boost View Post
    i dont know about you but my z sucks in the snow. there was less then a half inch and it got stuck.
    Yeah I'd imagine so I've never even driven mine in the rain. Summer tires plus base model without LSD isn't going to turn out well . I'm planning on getting a quiafe LSD though. It's a fun car but its sure isn't practical.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah I'd imagine so I've never even driven mine in the rain. Summer tires plus base model without LSD isn't going to turn out well . I'm planning on getting a quiafe LSD though. It's a fun car but its sure isn't practical.
    So what the hell do you drive in the rain?

A guy I know at my gym with a 350Z-TT has the LSD and runs a good set of all-seasons and he said he does rather well in the rain. After that quiafe, get a good set of tires and you should be fine I assume.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    It's a fun car but its sure isn't practical.
    +1 - I bought both of my cars in 2005.

Got the Z in March(05) and to date it has roughly 21,000 miles on it. I got my WRX in October(05) with 32,000 miles on it. I think it's currently got about 67,000 miles on it. Point being, the Z is fun to drive, but not practical. So I worked on the WRX until it was more fun to drive than the Z. There are days though, nice sunny days usually where I want to drive the Z. Most girls like the Z better, but a select few prefer the WRX.

As far as LSD goes, lots of people drove rear wheel drive cars in winter conditions for decades (60's,70's,80's), just a matter of being careful and taking your time. Then again, back then I would wager there were alot less jackasses on the road driving SUV/AWD/4WD imbued with a false sense of confidence making things worse for everyone sharing the road.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    So what the hell do you drive in the rain?

A guy I know at my gym with a 350Z-TT has the LSD and runs a good set of all-seasons and he said he does rather well in the rain. After that quiafe, get a good set of tires and you should be fine I assume.
    Commute via train during the week. I'm sure with a good set of tires it would do just fine. I don't not drive in the rain because of poor traction but because I don't rely on it for commuting and I don't feel like going out for a fun drive in the pouring rain.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 03-17-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI

the z is more of a weekend car for me.

the z is more of a weekend car for me.
    I see you have a 2003 Z, any issues with tire wear?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

no i havent had any problems with it yet. the tires are still running good but the one problem i do have is with the rear trunk lifts. it never holds up the trunk and when it falls on your head it hurts.

Micah and cavallino333 are your z's modded?

Mine is a 2005, not modded at all yet. My trunk lid works and stay up, but I figured just like my old Camaro it would need to be replaced eventually.

2003 and 2004 both have a tire wear problem that a TSB is issued for

I sometimes wonder what my Z would be like had I invested 11k in mods and labor into it like I did my WRX. The main thing which stopped me is that the last N/A engine I converted to F/I blew up on me. Granted, it was a matter of being greedy with boost and running 11psi on a tune created for 7psi. Right now the only mod I'm focusing on is the elimination of dual carpayments mod, followed by the elimination of single carpayment mod, then the investinahouse mod.

Shortly after I'll be doing the growingup and dying mods.

It's been one of those weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Mine is a 2005, not modded at all yet. My trunk lid works and stay up, but I figured just like my old Camaro it would need to be replaced eventually.

I sometimes wonder what my Z would be like had I invested 11k in mods and labor into it like I did my WRX. The main thing which stopped me is that the last N/A engine I converted to F/I blew up on me. Granted, it was a matter of being greedy with boost and running 11psi on a tune created for 7psi. Right now the only mod I'm focusing on is the elimination of dual carpayments mod, followed by the elimination of single carpayment mod, then the investinahouse mod.

i hear yea. had a hell of a week myself. i dislocated my knee cap when i slipped on some ice. the z is an expensive car to mod thats why im more focused on modding the wrx.

what is the mileage on your z?

Micah and cavallino333 are your z's modded?
    other than swapping the long antenna for a short one and the nissan badges for Z badges, no.

I've been saving money for a Quaife LSD and a 3.9 final drive. I'd like a TD exhaust but I'm going worry about the LSD and FD first, mods are expensive for this car. This summer I'm hoping to take some driving school at laguna seca and get the all important driver mod.

dislocated knee cap sounds painful.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 03-23-2007 at 10:22 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

you put 11k in your wrx and ran a 14.0?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    you put 11k in your wrx and ran a 14.0?
    I don't launch - I drive off the line. A good chunk of money spent on my car was brakes, suspension, and gauges. It's a very well balanced car and I enjoy driving it. I don't launch because of the bad rep that 2002's have for weak trans. I can pull on my friends 03 EVO and 06 EVO MR from a roll, even if they launch I catch up pretty damned quick.

If you're bored, check my mod link - total up the prices with Gruppe-S for just about everything except the brakes which came from Precision Tuning. Subtract that from 11k and what's left is labor. Wallet Tuning FTW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast