wrx/sti vs jetta 1.8t
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx/sti vs jetta 1.8t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; jetta 1.8t, stage 2 Revo software, megan racing downpipe, forge turbo inlet pipe, 4bar fpr - how would this thing ...

wrx/sti vs jetta 1.8t

jetta 1.8t, stage 2 Revo software, megan racing downpipe, forge turbo inlet pipe, 4bar fpr - how would this thing fare against a wrx? or sti even? dyno'd at around 225whp i believe.. just having a discussion with friend

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stage 2 wrx will probably beat it off a stop and be a drivers race off a roll.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Stock wrx you can win, STI no way.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I have a stage 2 wrx w. u/p and I raced a 1.8t w exhaust chip and bov from a roll and put about 1 1/2 cars on him
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

v-dubs are heavy
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

heavy yes... subies arn't the lightest either though.There is a jetta 1.8t around my area runnin 23psi and all sorts of goodies...Wasn't much of a match against my 06 stage 1 at that time. He did have 4 people in it and still slightly pulled maybe a bumper from a 30 mph role on up to maybe 80. I know without weight he would have pulled much harder, but i would expect so with 23 psi on a 1.8t and easily $12,000 in engine/tranny and suspension,actually I expected alot more from it. What i'm getting at is 1.8t's can become decently fast but its gonna cost a hell of a lot of money for minimal gains when my stock 06 with dp was keeping up with out much problem for less then $280. Post tranny failure at my tuned stage 2 though that jetta would have been so far behind it wouldn't even be funny,and still AP $650ish, Dp $280 Exhaust $ 650 Tune $500 Grand total = $2,280 aproximately( off the top of my head) spent on mods+ having awd and capable of running mid to low 13's...then high 12's with a few more mods.I'd like to see any 1.8t do that under $3,000 not gonna happen. no replacement for displacement

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    Stock wrx you can win, STI no way.

Where do you get this stuff. He's got 50 whp+ on a stock 2.0l wrx. He's also only about 10 whp shy of an STi.

Form anything but a HARD dig, its a MUCH MUCH closer race with the STi than it is with a stock 2.0l WRX.

Stock wrx will lose from any point.

Stage2 rex will win from a dig, and create a good race from a roll.

STi will take it from anywhere.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedimpreza View Post
    jetta 1.8t, stage 2 Revo software, megan racing downpipe, forge turbo inlet pipe, 4bar fpr - how would this thing fare against a wrx? or sti even? dyno'd at around 225whp i believe.. just having a discussion with friend
    Why are you comparing modded and stock cars? How about stock for stock; or modded for modded? The price thing is kinda worthless, because you can make any car fast as long as you have some of the green stuff - I saw a van on the TV show "Pinks" that ran 10s in the quarter...

This kind of thread is just stupid...if you want to know, do it, dont do a hypothetical question on a model-biased car forum.

my .02

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post
    heavy yes... subies arn't the lightest either though.There is a jetta 1.8t around my area runnin 23psi and all sorts of goodies...Wasn't much of a match against my 06 stage 1 at that time. He did have 4 people in it and still slightly pulled maybe a bumper from a 30 mph role on up to maybe 80. I know without weight he would have pulled much harder, but i would expect so with 23 psi on a 1.8t and easily $12,000 in engine/tranny and suspension,actually I expected alot more from it. What i'm getting at is 1.8t's can become decently fast but its gonna cost a hell of a lot of money for minimal gains when my stock 06 with dp was keeping up with out much problem for less then $280. Post tranny failure at my tuned stage 2 though that jetta would have been so far behind it wouldn't even be funny,and still AP $650ish, Dp $280 Exhaust $ 650 Tune $500 Grand total = $2,280 aproximately( off the top of my head) spent on mods+ having awd and capable of running mid to low 13's...then high 12's with a few more mods.I'd like to see any 1.8t do that under $3,000 not gonna happen. no replacement for displacement
    P.S. Disregarding atmospheric conditions, you should be running 12s already. People have been running 13.5 on bone stock 06-07 models and have the slips to prove it. With a custom tune....dude....you could be well on your way into the mid 12.
    Last edited by branemaniac; 03-08-2007 at 11:17 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Why are you comparing modded and stock cars? How about stock for stock; or modded for modded? The price thing is kinda worthless, because you can make any car fast as long as you have some of the green stuff - I saw a van on the TV show "Pinks" that ran 10s in the quarter...

This kind of thread is just stupid...if you want to know, do it, dont do a hypothetical question on a model-biased car forum.

my .02
    The OP never even brought up price.. You are the one that did that.
    As for modded vs stock... That is why about 3 people already replied with probable scenarios for a stock AND modded wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    P.S. Disregarding atmospheric conditions, you should be running 12s already. People have been running 13.5 on bone stock 06-07 models and have the slips to prove it. With a custom tune....dude....you could be well on your way into the mid 12.
    06/07 wrx's do not run 13.5's. There are a few people with documented proof that they ran a 13.7 with exceptional conditions and driving. The rest of the world is still getting very high 13's - low 14's with the 06/07 wrx's. People do not go around saying Camaro SS's run 12.8's because a couple guys did it with proof.

Secondly, a stage2 + tune wrx is not going to run mid-12's. You apparently have a considerable amount of research to do on the capabilities of the wrx. Stage2 STi's barely go mid 12's and they boast an extra 50whp.
    Just call me Clark Kent

people are always in denial, its funny. Stock turbo gti's have actually ran better times then stock turbo wrx's.

people are always in denial, its funny. Stock turbo gti's have actually ran better times then stock turbo wrx's.
    I have seen a few of the newer MK5 GTI's go well into 13's on the stock turbo (basically bolt on's and tune) but I think they require slicks to get that low. I have heard time and time again that they will def. go high 13's though with traps in STI territory without slicks.
    Just call me Clark Kent

hmm well i raced a guy in a 1.8 turbo beetle moded with bov, dp, and exhaust. he had a rolling start of about 10mph i was at a complete stop. i wasn't even pushing my STI, shifting around 5000 rpm. after i dropped it in 4th gear i pulled 5 whole car links but had to slow down cause the stretch ended. i'm running a 3in RS-R downpipe along with RS-R exhaust and hks bov. all you guys know how good it feels to kill cars that underestimate subies.....ITS ADDICTING LIKE CRACK!!! haha

hope this helps.......

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I have seen a few of the newer MK5 GTI's go well into 13's on the stock turbo (basically bolt on's and tune) but I think they require slicks to get that low. I have heard time and time again that they will def. go high 13's though with traps in STI territory without slicks.
    There are some crazy stock turbo gti's on vwvortex. They are gti's tho hitting those low times. Basically nobody should underestimate the mighty 1.8t. specially when those fawkers go with larger snails, they haul a$$ and those engines can take a sh!t load b4 they give up on you. Lots more then any US suby engine can.

but like omagah fwd like sucks brah awd > fwd fo sur.

+1
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.