Raced a PT LOSER YO!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a PT LOSER YO!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Herknav Probably because it is so ridiculous? Why do we, as a WRX community, feel the need ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Probably because it is so ridiculous?

Why do we, as a WRX community, feel the need to post kill stories about PT cruisers, VW bugs and Eclipses? Why talk about those we should be beating?

I am a member of several Mustang forums, (see sig for reason) and they never talk about beating lesser cars... it is always about high end HP machines... Vettes seem to be the big target.

It seems like we nitpick over a couple horsepower... and the only measurement of HP is the dyno.. and the dyno is so very dependant on evironmental values...
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God knows we all aspire to be as cool as Mustang guys.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    mullets ftw!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    thats just mean but most mustang guys are retarded I think
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    mullets ftw!
    +1
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Probably because it is so ridiculous?

Why do we, as a WRX community, feel the need to post kill stories about PT cruisers, VW bugs and Eclipses? Why talk about those we should be beating?

I am a member of several Mustang forums, (see sig for reason) and they never talk about beating lesser cars... it is always about high end HP machines... Vettes seem to be the big target.

It seems like we nitpick over a couple horsepower... and the only measurement of HP is the dyno.. and the dyno is so very dependant on evironmental values...
    I have seen VW bugs, pt cruisers and eclipses that could all piss on a bunch of mustangs even supercharged cobras, so what is your point? Also they even made 4 cylinder mustangs in the 80s as im sure you knew and my friend had one ran 21@68mph in the 1/4 with a 5speed, so are those not part of your mustang group? If i raced one of those could i not post it? What exactly is your point here? You race a car you beat it you post it, the new eclipses aren't that slow and some of the fastest cars at the track i go to are first gen eclipses, they piss on alot of the mustangs there, the PT cruisers with the SRT4 motor can be made fast and i raced a 1.8T VW bug that had alot of work on it that walked my turbo supra, and my turbo supra walked a bunch of mustangs in its day.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Don't underestimate any car. I've personally seen a PT cruiser GT run a 13.5 and thats pretty empressive. It was a crowd pleaser as everyone was surprised a PT can get those times.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

That's right, go to any dragstrip, and all you'll see is VW Bugs, PT Cruisers and Ecllipses stomping 500 rwhp 03 Cobras all day long. I see that at the track all the time...the e-track, that is.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    That's right, go to any dragstrip, and all you'll see is VW Bugs, PT Cruisers and Ecllipses stomping 500 rwhp 03 Cobras all day long. I see that at the track all the time...the e-track, that is.
    Your an idiot, the point was not that the fastest cars at the track are VW's, and PT Cruisers and Eclipses but that they can be made plenty fast and its not surprising to see one run some impressive times so no reason not to post a kill about one. And last time i checked when i go to the track most of the mustang cobras don't have 500hp so stop being an idiot, some of them do, but most of them don't and the fastest cars are either the true race cars brought in on trailers or alot of the times its the DSMs that are very consistantly in the 11s and driven home, there is a pretty strong DSM scene that go to my track and they do tend to dominate alot of the V8s when they are there. I am not saying DSMs are faster than V8s all the time or even the majority of the time, but its very very very common to see a DSM beating up on most of the V8s at the track.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Dude, you're funny. Everyone knows they can be made fast -I got my Evo in the low-12's with minimal mods. But you're original post made it sound like the dragstrip is swarming with 11s bugs. I usually see only one or two 11 sec imports, and they're usually Evo's, DSMs or maybe a crazy, stripped out Civic.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    Dude, you're funny. Everyone knows they can be made fast -I got my Evo in the low-12's with minimal mods. But you're original post made it sound like the dragstrip is swarming with 11s bugs. I usually see only one or two 11 sec imports, and they're usually Evo's, DSMs or maybe a crazy, stripped out Civic.
    Or 9 second supras, there was a supra running 9.6s@140mph on street tires at the track i went to.

Two guys showed up at the last HPDE event I attended in turbo PTs.

They were really slow in the corners but I specifically remember an instance where I came up on one coming out of the last corner on to the front straight. I had a good run on him but he put a stop to that and proceeded to pull away from me all the way to the next corner. He let me by right after that.

Car looked and sounded stock. I have a stage 1 04.

So I am guessing a turbo PT traps higher than a stage 1 WRX.

I "beat" a turbo pt cruiser convertible twice in a volvo vn660 with a 500hp detriot diesel, 13 speed, at approx. 75,000lb gross weight going down some empty one lane state highway in Nevada. I know stupid story but for some reason when someone mentions a PT cruiser I get this mental picture of this lady stuck in front of me for a quite a nice chunk of a road before I had some open space to roll that heavy mofo with a 53" trailer behind in order to pass her.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by dan240 View Post
    Two guys showed up at the last HPDE event I attended in turbo PTs.

They were really slow in the corners but I specifically remember an instance where I came up on one coming out of the last corner on to the front straight. I had a good run on him but he put a stop to that and proceeded to pull away from me all the way to the next corner. He let me by right after that.

Car looked and sounded stock. I have a stage 1 04.

So I am guessing a turbo PT traps higher than a stage 1 WRX.
    What doesn't thats in our class? Teh curse of awd.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast