Anyone in KC race a silver Grand Prix tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone in KC race a silver Grand Prix tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you're on here. I just wanted to say your car is nice. Sounds real good (I like that boxer ...

uke

Anyone in KC race a silver Grand Prix tonight

If you're on here. I just wanted to say your car is nice. Sounds real good (I like that boxer sound at full throttle). I take it you're modded?

Good race, man.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Who won who won?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    Who won who won?
    I did. Pulled about a half car from about 75-105.

For comparison, I regularily beat 05+ Mustang GT's by a wider margin when racing at the same speeds, so I'm pretty sure the bugeye was probably running solid 13's (as am I).

I didn't want to keep going beyond those speeds because 1. traffic was approaching 2. anything beyond 110 is just dumb in my opinion and 3. my "spidey sense" kept making me wary of cops.

It was dark so I couldn't give a good thumbs up to the guy. He wanted to go again, but I had to get off at my exit
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Gtp

What year is your GTP? A coworker bought a 98. Fully stock. He thinks he can beat my Catlless 2002 Wrx. I am saying he doesnt have a chance in hell. Especially if I risk blowing my transmission again by launching it.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskWRX View Post
    What year is your GTP? A coworker bought a 98. Fully stock. He thinks he can beat my Catlless 2002 Wrx. I am saying he doesnt have a chance in hell. Especially if I risk blowing my transmission again by launching it.
    I got a 2001 GTP. Main mods are headers, medium cam, programmable PCM (plug in laptop and change everything ), smaller supercharger pulley, Northstar throttle body, ported inlet/outlet supercharger housing, and the usual intake/exhaust.

Plans this year are: bigger fuel injectors, upgraded fuel pump/harness, intercooler, and an even smaller supercharger pulley. I'd like to hit high 12's this year or better
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

uke
    Also, not sure what a catless WRX runs, but a bone stock 98 GTP would be good for high 14's/low 15's in the 1/4 mile, with the occasional freak mid/low 14.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I am assuming that you need to change your sig, because 13.9 @ 99 is not pulling too many 05+ Mustang GTs unless the drivers suck.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    I am assuming that you need to change your sig, because 13.9 @ 99 is not pulling too many 05+ Mustang GTs unless the drivers suck.
    Wow, it is a bit old, isn't it?

Yeah, I'm a little quicker now.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    I was wondering about that as well...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    Wow, it is a bit old, isn't it?

Yeah, I'm a little quicker now.
    Cool, Get that smaller pulley on and put up some even better times now.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I didn't want to keep going beyond those speeds because 1. traffic was approaching 2. anything beyond 110 is just dumb in my opinion and 3. my "spidey sense" kept making me wary of cops.

that, and w-bodies aren't very stable past 90. ;p
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post
    that, and w-bodies aren't very stable past 90. ;p
    I highly disagree. Fastest I've taken mine was 130, and it was solid as a rock. Others have taken them even faster and they said it felt solid as well.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Nice, one of my old coworkers had one that he said dynoed 427whp at the front wheels. But from what I understood, he'd spent an ungodly amount of money doing it.

I've only had one run in with a GTP and everytime I got within two car lengths he would take off. So we finally went from a 2 car disadvantage at about 60mph and I had about a bus and half by 90. After that he kept his distance and wouldnt come up along side me. It later turned out to be a friend of my uncle's that always bragged about beating GT mustangs. I still like the look of the GTP though and the 3.8L can make some serious power.

I highly disagree. Fastest I've taken mine was 130, and it was solid as a rock. Others have taken them even faster and they said it felt solid as well.
    ...i don't know of any condition where any car could be considered rock solid at 130 on a public road...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post
    ...i don't know of any condition where any car could be considered rock solid at 130 on a public road...
    Well, of course it was a little "floaty" at that speed (why I don't keep doing that). But it didn't feel like it was shaking apart.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast