05 wrx vs 02-03 mustang GT.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs 02-03 mustang GT. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So ive heard from a lot of people that a stock wrx is suppose to keep up with a stock ...

05 wrx vs 02-03 mustang GT.

So ive heard from a lot of people that a stock wrx is suppose to keep up with a stock Mustang GT in the 0-60 category, but ill just tell my story. So im on the right side of a left turn lane, a mustang gt pulls up to me in the inside lane. The owner looks to be the same age as me late teens, and i hear him gunning his engine. After the left turn is the on ramp to the freeway, and i expect that he is gunna try to pass me in order to get on the freeway onramp before me. So remembering that someone told me a wrx should keep up with a GT i decided to give it a go. the light tuns green and we both haul ass around the turn. Being on the inside lane, this gave him a bit of a lead, but as he made the turn all the torque and hp from the GT made him do the craziest fish tail i have ever seen. This fish tail was so severe that i had to make even more of a wide turn just to avoid hitting him. Being AWD i was still able to make a sharp enough turn to get a lil bit ahead of him. So trying to save his ego, he gunned it nearly hitting me again as he cut me off, getting onto the on ramp before me. At this point i already gave up since he nearly hit me twice and i didnt want anything to happen to my ride. But yea a wrx can deff keep up with a GT, but the GT will deff hand a wrx its ass when it comes to top speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    So ive heard from a lot of people that a stock wrx is suppose to keep up with a stock Mustang GT in the 0-60 category, but ill just tell my story. So im on the right side of a left turn lane, a mustang gt pulls up to me in the inside lane. The owner looks to be the same age as me late teens, and i hear him gunning his engine. After the left turn is the on ramp to the freeway, and i expect that he is gunna try to pass me in order to get on the freeway onramp before me. So remembering that someone told me a wrx should keep up with a GT i decided to give it a go. the light tuns green and we both haul ass around the turn. Being on the inside lane, this gave him a bit of a lead, but as he made the turn all the torque and hp from the GT made him do the craziest fish tail i have ever seen. This fish tail was so severe that i had to make even more of a wide turn just to avoid hitting him. Being AWD i was still able to make a sharp enough turn to get a lil bit ahead of him. So trying to save his ego, he gunned it nearly hitting me again as he cut me off, getting onto the on ramp before me. At this point i already gave up since he nearly hit me twice and i didnt want anything to happen to my ride. But yea a wrx can deff keep up with a GT, but the GT will deff hand a wrx its ass when it comes to top speed.

That story showed no valid information on what a wrx vs a mustang GT outcome would be.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

wtf?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I wrx 0-60 is faster, a stock wrx could beat a stock mustang in a 1/4 mile as well.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Frumaroll, my buddies 02 GT kicked my 02 WRX's ass. It was absolutely brutal.

Anything involving turns, the GT will have problems putting that power to the ground and the WRX would own it.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

I'll add some useful info here:

A few years back when all my car had was a CBE and UP. I was at a light on the Rosevelt Blvd. in philly, and an 00(ish) GT stang rolled up next to me. Him and his buddy were looking over and giggling and so on. They tried taunting me with their flowmaster exhaust or whatever. So I look over at him and just point foreward, I don't rev my engine or anything. So he nods and starts hold his rpms. I'm waiting for red to turn green. Just to let you know, the road first was on a slight downhill, then went back to an incline, nothing to serious just a mild grade. So the light turn green and I slide the clutch in the proper way, not just dump the clutch. So we are off, I being AWD got a solid 1 1/2 cars off the bat, he pulls closer at the end of second gear. We shift to third at the same time, I'm still holding 1/2 car on him, I can see him right at my rear door. We keep going, now we are on the incline, and I thought that his V8tq would take over now since I am in fourth. While going completly up the incline to flat ground again in fourth, I still have him by 1/2 car. by then we were going well over 100mph, so I just rode out 4th gear and held the 1/2 car lead. Then after the end of 4th, I let off since it was time to start slowing down anyway. So I got him good off the line, and held him untill the end of 4th by 1/2-3/4 of a car. Was a good run, with the results I expected. But had we/I shifted into 5th, that would be then of my lead.

drivers race

i have a TBE with no other mods on an 02 wrx and i raced my friends 02 mustang with exhaust headers and intake and we raced til about 110 and i had a fender on him..... then i raced my friends 01 that only had exhaust and he beat me by half a car up to 100, these were from a roll of course both 40 rolls, but its all about who knows how to drive their car..... now lets go eat some v8s

huh?!?!?

I eat mustang gt's for breakfast!!!

I race my friends in mustang GT's on all season tires ni the cold and eat them for breakfast.

ghey

i vote we close this whole section.
    CGM

well as i stated i only have TBE you could be more heavly modded, or (this is my guess) your the people you raced cannot drive, i live in west texas where on the weekends all we do is go to the drag strip, so my friends know how to drive their mustangs, so if you "eat them for breakfast" then try racing one only with a TBE and against a good driver, b/c i am no slouch driving my self, i have had my car since 03 and taken it to the strip on multiple occassions.... but ususally i just watch all the domestics because i don't feel like smashing my tranny around every weekend.... so say what you want but once you find a mustang with the "driver mod" i can tell you it will be a different story... oh and by the way i use to own a 01 GT mustang and once you hit 3rd in that car all the 300lbs torque pulls alot harder than our 220 lbs which i have had dynoed.... and not to mention the gt only weights about 400 lbs more than our car... that torque will pull that extra 400lbs no problem....

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd like to give a title to this story!

"When teenagers need to prove testicle size"
    A compelling story of testosterone, youth, idiocy, and insecurity on the highway.

haha yes trainwreck goodpoint. i just saw all these other people talking about how the eat these gts for lunch and if they are close stock I call the BS flag, unless of course you have a granny driving.(or someone who thinks they can drive but really just bashes gears together) but none the less it really doesn't matter, i was just trying to make a point to the kiddos that the GT is a v8 and it isn't some little integra GSR or type S that you can just "eat for breakfast" or lunch for that manner....

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'd like to give a title to this story!

"When teenagers need to prove testicle size"
    A compelling story of testosterone, youth, idiocy, and insecurity on the highway.
    If you write it, i'll publish it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast