05 wrx vs 02-03 mustang GT. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs 02-03 mustang GT. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sweet_mon420 well as i stated i only have TBE you could be more heavly modded, or (this ...

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mon420 View Post
    well as i stated i only have TBE you could be more heavly modded, or (this is my guess) your the people you raced cannot drive, i live in west texas where on the weekends all we do is go to the drag strip, so my friends know how to drive their mustangs, so if you "eat them for breakfast" then try racing one only with a TBE and against a good driver, b/c i am no slouch driving my self, i have had my car since 03 and taken it to the strip on multiple occassions.... but ususally i just watch all the domestics because i don't feel like smashing my tranny around every weekend.... so say what you want but once you find a mustang with the "driver mod" i can tell you it will be a different story... oh and by the way i use to own a 01 GT mustang and once you hit 3rd in that car all the 300lbs torque pulls alot harder than our 220 lbs which i have had dynoed.... and not to mention the gt only weights about 400 lbs more than our car... that torque will pull that extra 400lbs no problem....
    Lets see some time slips of what you ran the many times you took your car to the track.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in my wrx i never ran better than a 13.6 and that was at about 40 degrees.... and my mechanic messed with my boost a little... i don't like taking my wrx out there too often... but i use to take my mustang out there, i use to own a Gt and i can tell you that its a drivers race.... i have been over this 1000+ times with all my domestic friends... and i have raced my fair share of mustangs(with and without the driver mod) and yes with slicks it makes it alot harder on the track... i mean lets face it a GT is a track car... the WRX is a rally car...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.