wrx vs slow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs slow within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why does it seem like out of all my friends cars which are a srt-4 and a talon my car ...

Question wrx vs slow

Why does it seem like out of all my friends cars which are a srt-4 and a talon my car is the slowest.talon is stock and the srt-4 has turboback and idk if its suppose to be like that but i really thought the wrx was gunna be faster then this but i just have turboback, and trying to save up for cobb, would that keep me up with the srt-4 in the longer run? any first mods to? im jsut gunna Fu*k my warrenty i don't care anymore there not gunna believe an 19year old kid when he comes to take his car in anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by landrocket450 View Post
    Why does it seem like out of all my friends cars which are a srt-4 and a talon my car is the slowest.talon is stock and the srt-4 has turboback and idk if its suppose to be like that but i really thought the wrx was gunna be faster then this but i just have turboback, and trying to save up for cobb, would that keep me up with the srt-4 in the longer run? any first mods to? im jsut gunna Fu*k my warrenty i don't care anymore there not gunna believe an 19year old kid when he comes to take his car in anyways.
    Get a vf34 - look at my modlist

your friends will hate you
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

stage 2 will make your friends angry, vf34 they will hate you, 18g get a restraining order. Either way they will all hate you in the snow.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

i didnt see what year urs is, but either way a stock talon shouldnt have any chance against any year wrx. if ur a 02-05 ull need a turbo back and a flash to keep up and/or pull away on a srt. an 06-7 can do it in stock form. (both a drivers race at that point) but the srt is a boost controller away from walking away on roll. 108-110 traps come very easy for the car. but we all the know fwd is the suxxxorsss from a dig.

off topic to the post sence when are vf34s and 18g big turbos? (or maybe im miss understanding the post) but ull barly get in the 300-400 range with either. im outta touch on my wrx bottom end knowledge but what are they good for with proper fuel and ems? i wouldnt start with anything smaller then a gt30 in .63 ar for the 2.0 and the 2.5 should get in the .83 range. nice 3.5kish spool all the way to 7k. would make high 300s to high 400s
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 03-02-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

If im not mistaken a WRX is only a mid 14 second car (02-05 at least). With a great driver probably low 14's. The SRT-4 I think nails 13's stock, and a Talon.. well.. even a TSi (or whatever the AWD turbo form is), I think they're probably lows 14's stock but I'm not too sure on that.

The WRX isn't a FAST car, it's just above average. The real advantage comes from the Symmetrical AWD.. Are you racing these people from a roll or from a dig?

Most "Fast" cars are pushing 300hp stock, and I believe the WRX is only around 263?

Sorry if I posted any inaccurate information.

A bigger turbo and improving your driving would probably help a lot, as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ww_Crimson View Post
    If im not mistaken a WRX is only a mid 14 second car (02-05 at least). With a great driver probably low 14's. The SRT-4 I think nails 13's stock, and a Talon.. well.. even a TSi (or whatever the AWD turbo form is), I think they're probably lows 14's stock but I'm not too sure on that.

The WRX isn't a FAST car, it's just above average. The real advantage comes from the Symmetrical AWD.. Are you racing these people from a roll or from a dig?

Most "Fast" cars are pushing 300hp stock, and I believe the WRX is only around 263?

Sorry if I posted any inaccurate information.

A bigger turbo and improving your driving would probably help a lot, as mentioned above.

old tsi awds were low 15s high 14s in there best day. granted they have a great power plant to unlock but 205hp back in the day was all u needed
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    old tsi awds were low 15s high 14s in there best day. granted they have a great power plant to unlock but 205hp back in the day was all u needed
    They could run mid 14s stock and a FWD turbo DSM could probably take a WRX from a roll. Also, this guy has a HKS BoV and blue smoke coming from his exhaust, I have a feeling his WRX isn't exactly in tip top shape. Even if it is, the SRT-4 is going to be faster.

who cares if your friends cars are faster? You like your car you like theres its not like your building a competition racecar.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Get new friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    They could run mid 14s stock and a FWD turbo DSM could probably take a WRX from a roll. Also, this guy has a HKS BoV and blue smoke coming from his exhaust, I have a feeling his WRX isn't exactly in tip top shape. Even if it is, the SRT-4 is going to be faster.
    Im not sure what you are talking about in mid 14s, but no Turbo DSM could ever run mid 14s stock, they were low 15s to high high 14 second cars at best when new for the awd version, the fwd version were mid 15 second cars at best but had better top end, while the awd version didn't have as good of top end.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    My friends have a Cavalier and a Golf. They beat my 626 every time. Someone hug me.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    My friends have a Cavalier and a Golf. They beat my 626 every time. Someone hug me.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

From my experience, it took AP stage 2 to walk on my lil brother's SRT-4, roll or dig. But WRX is not on par with straight acceleration with SRT-4... there are some exemptions, but it's just not built for it.

Sorry bro... you bought the wrong car if you're worried about straights.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 03-03-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i didnt see what year urs is, but either way a stock talon shouldnt have any chance against any year wrx. if ur a 02-05 ull need a turbo back and a flash to keep up and/or pull away on a srt. an 06-7 can do it in stock form. (both a drivers race at that point) but the srt is a boost controller away from walking away on roll. 108-110 traps come very easy for the car. but we all the know fwd is the suxxxorsss from a dig.

off topic to the post sence when are vf34s and 18g big turbos? (or maybe im miss understanding the post) but ull barly get in the 300-400 range with either. im outta touch on my wrx bottom end knowledge but what are they good for with proper fuel and ems? i wouldnt start with anything smaller then a gt30 in .63 ar for the 2.0 and the 2.5 should get in the .83 range. nice 3.5kish spool all the way to 7k. would make high 300s to high 400s

i enjoy the fact that you just owned all the noobishes responces.
    and you drive a football helmet.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

only 06+ are the fastest cars on the roads.

+1 on the big turbos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast