03 RSX-S Vs 05 WRX

This is a discussion on 03 RSX-S Vs 05 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I have a few months before I purchase my car. Coming from the Honda scene I wanted to pick ...

03 RSX-S Vs 05 WRX

Well I have a few months before I purchase my car. Coming from the Honda scene I wanted to pick up a reliable, safe and fun car, the Impreza shined easily. However, more and more time the RSX-S (A fav of mine the first time I saw one in late 01,) has become a competitor.

I would probably take my WRX to stage 2, maybe down the road further to stage 4 with like a vf34 or something.

The RSX-S would see I/RH/E/Tuning and a comptech or JR S/C. I understand that with those mods I would see about 260ish maybe more pending aggressive tune in the wrx, and about the same whp in the RSX. However, AWD > FWD. But I just feel the quality and the overall comfort and driveablility of the RSX outdoes the WRX.

What do you guys think based on mods. I understand i will pay mod for mod more for the RSX due to it's n/a start.

What do you guys think based on your knowledge and opinion on both cars.

I understand it's a subaru forum but we're all very reasonable people here, well atleast most :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Personally I would take rsx type S over wrx mainly because k20 is a better power platform then ej20 i think.

Stock for stock the rsx has better top end and if you turbo the rsx you can see some really good numbers.

But it all just depends on what you want to use them for or what your personal tastes are.

wrx ftw
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I used to want an rsx but as soon as I got in the wrx everything changed. AWD is amazing, I live in chicago and when it snows it snows, great sound, great ride, great community. If you are looking at the new wrx's are easy to get to 300whp for cheap, 2.0l ej205's need a bit more work but nothing to hard. The rsx has a cheaper aftermarket then the WRX, but personally I could never imagine driving another car except for a second car, the honda fit, those rock.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

it depends on what you're looking for. if you're looking into autocross or taking the car to the track, the WRX will be more rewarding. if you're only going to use it for spirited daily driving, the RSX will be the better choice.

also keep in mind that a high horsepower FWD car will have more difficulty in snow/rain/ice conditions.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

I give the RSX-S a lot of respect, but even still I would have to go with the wrx.

However, it really all depends on what you want and what is more important.

WRX

Pros = Easy modabilily, good torque once modded, fun to drive, AWD, reliable.

Cons = Horrible paint, very unrefined tranny, sub-par handling unless you mod the suspension, turbo lag when stock.

- Basically, the point is that when stock the wrx is nothing too special. However, once modded it has a lot to offer.... But minor refinements do not measure upto the rsx.

RSX

Pros = Mods very well for a n/a 4cylinder, quality interior materials, lots of road feedback, nice handling, fun to drive, reliable, amazing tranny.

Cons = FWD, no torque, 2-door, and if you run i/rc/e/ecu good luck putting that power down in at all in 1st gear.... If you boost it, 1-3 gears are more or less useless.

- Basically, a fun car once modded and has good potential and would be a great daily driver. The problem is that it is FWD and it sucks spending money on mods when the car has problems putting the power down.

Best of luck in your decision.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I had a rsx-s, i/h/e and hondata. quick on the highway, but sucked from a stop. Don't even think about driving in snow, and rain traction was horrible. i liked the interior better than the wrx.

If you like highway power go rsx. if you need low end(where most of spend 90% of our time) go wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by big geek View Post
    I had a rsx-s, i/h/e and hondata. quick on the highway, but sucked from a stop. Don't even think about driving in snow, and rain traction was horrible. i liked the interior better than the wrx.

If you like highway power go rsx. if you need low end(where most of spend 90% of our time) go wrx.
    A friend of mine that upgraded from an i/h/e/em rsx-s to an evo same just about the same exact thing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.