death of a new mustang gt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on death of a new mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pulled up to the light the other day and a guy in a new mustang gt with an exhaust ...

Registered User lovetheboost121's Avatar

death of a new mustang gt

I pulled up to the light the other day and a guy in a new mustang gt with an exhaust piped me. first light rolled off the line he launched good, i beat him by 1.5 -2 cars. second light i let the turbo spool up and launched, i walked off and left him.
    Die Trying, Not Watching!!

2002 Subaru wrx stage 2
    2000 Kawasaki KX250
    2004 Honda CRF450

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice job My buddy talks alot of his 2005 GT but never races me, glad to see someone got to beat one.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

good kill

Engine/Transmission mods:
    Turbo back + up pipe, larger tmic, cai

With just those mods?

edit: I see in your sig, you're Stg 2.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

^stage 2 can beat the mustang on the street, but the strip it will be close.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

street racers
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

What do you mean by "exhaust"? Did he have different mufflers? Or was it a full O/R setup? Any other mods?

I think you caught a bad driver. I was stage 2 at the same time my 05 GT was stock. SOTP from driving both of them is that it is a driver's race.

Nice job
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

good kill bro, ill have to eat me one of them myself sumtime hehe =)

i ran a 13.6 in my stage II which seems to be about average, haven't seen any stock stangs run 13.6s besides cobras obviously, and on the street the mustang is alot less likely to be as quick as it is on a track where as the wrx is probably nearly identical.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I'm just saying... I own BOTH cars in that identicle trim and they both felt right about the same. A driver's race.

You can quote magazine numbers all day, it doesn't prove a thing.
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

The problem with these types of comparisions is that people say "mustangs run this, and car and driver got that"... Yes, the stangs run mid 13's on a prep'd track with their tires warmed up... On the street it is different if you are going from a dig of very low-speed roll. On the track a GT and stage2 wrx would be a good run, on the street, the strang losses something, whereas the wrx does not.

At lower speeds or a dig my (friend of a friends) GT stang cannot keep up with my stage2 + protune rex. The topend however is a different story.

Either way, I think a stock GT and a stage2 rex would be a good race either way you put it... aside from a highspeed frumarole.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    ^stage 2 can beat the mustang on the street, but the strip it will be close.
    Of course, depending on setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I'm just saying... I own BOTH cars in that identicle trim and they both felt right about the same. A driver's race.

You can quote magazine numbers all day, it doesn't prove a thing.
    I am not quoting magazine numbers, i am telling you what I RAN and what other stock GTs have run at the same track i ran at, i NEVER SAW A STOCK GT RUN 13.6s without slicks period. You can tell me all you want that you saw stock GTs run 13.6s but not at the track i run at. And the best stage II i have seen in the 2.0 wrx's was a 13.3, i highly doubt any stock GT has ever run a 13.3, i think the wrx is faster on average in the 1/4, average stock GT will run upper 13s average stock wrx will run mid 13s, a great driven stock GT will run mid 13s a great driven stage II will run low 13s. These aren't magazine numbers these are what the cars run at the track period. And it is impossible to feel a couple tenths of a second when driving a car on the street, take your cars to the track and then tell us what is faster, your butt dyno is less accurate then magazine racing.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 03-01-2007 at 07:25 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User lovetheboost121's Avatar
    wow, this started quite a discussion, all i know is that i beat him, could have been driver skill, could have been car set up, i beat him and thats all that matters.
    Die Trying, Not Watching!!

2002 Subaru wrx stage 2
    2000 Kawasaki KX250
    2004 Honda CRF450

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    I am not quoting magazine numbers, i am telling you what I RAN and what other stock GTs have run at the same track i ran at, i NEVER SAW A STOCK GT RUN 13.6s without slicks period. You can tell me all you want that you saw stock GTs run 13.6s but not at the track i run at. And the best stage II i have seen in the 2.0 wrx's was a 13.3, i highly doubt any stock GT has ever run a 13.3, i think the wrx is faster on average in the 1/4, average stock GT will run upper 13s average stock wrx will run mid 13s, a great driven stock GT will run mid 13s a great driven stage II will run low 13s. These aren't magazine numbers these are what the cars run at the track period. And it is impossible to feel a couple tenths of a second when driving a car on the street, take your cars to the track and then tell us what is faster, your butt dyno is less accurate then magazine racing.

Wow... you realy took that personally...

I can't take my stock cars to the track... the WRX is stage 2, and the Mustang is 440 RWHP of supercharged goodness... and I don't think anyone here would consider that a fair fight....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast