02 WRX vs. Older Mustang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs. Older Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey fellas, so my friend Anthony has a beautiful mustang. I have no idea what year or model so I ...

02 WRX vs. Older Mustang

Hey fellas, so my friend Anthony has a beautiful mustang. I have no idea what year or model so I took a picture for you mustang experts. Its a beautiful car and shines like it's new. I don't know what has been done performance wise, so I'm assuming it's stock. My mods in in my profile, I have no EM yet. What do you think the outcome of a few races would be:
    1) 1/4
    2) Dig
    3) Roll
    Just to be clear, I am not trying to beat him, put his car down or anything in anyway. Its one of the prettiest mustangs I've ever seen. Just curious what you guys think the outcome would be. Thanks guys.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCAM0019.JPG   DCAM0018.JPG   DCAM0021.JPG  
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like about a 66 like one of my friends has. You'll murder it from any angle if its not modded and the stock engine. Without looking it up, I'd say its a ford 289.

Thanks for the reply.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Fairly certain that is a '68. If its a gt then it most likely has a 289, unless someone dropped a 302 or 351 in it. With a well built motor the car will keep up from a roll. Never be able to get out of a dead stop like a rex though.

A friend of mine in high school had a mustang like that with a 351 (I think) in it and a bunch of suspension work that was one mean car. I think it would have taken my WRX but I never raced him or anything, but it sure felt like it. That was a really heavily modded mustang though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

It's beautiful. The Mustang that is...

Looks like some fairly modern aftermarket wheels and tires... but I would agree with the others and say it would probably lose in a race.

But it would win in a looks contest... that is a classic machine... very very nice.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

It has the potential to be really fast, but the likelyhood of it having a swapped motor and making enough power to take down a rex is pretty low.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I mark it as proof that speed is not king... there is nothing that a rex owner can do to make thier car be as classic as that Stang.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I mark it as proof that speed is not king...
    +1000 I'm glad to hear somone on here say that as most people seem to care only about what will win in a race..
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Most likely

Most likely your friends stang is a '66 or '67, 289 CID is an accurate guess and is it is stock.... well as beautiful as it is... it would not have a snow balls chance in hell of beating your subie..

My uncle use to have a '66, the thing was prett sweet. No stoplight king but a sweet ride at that.....

I'd give the win to the subie.

I never found those 60s mustangs to be very good looking, but thats my opinion, besides the mach I.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

You will win, unless the stang is modded, then it is up in the air. But you should have the advantage, especially if it is the opriginal motor (it's only 40 or so years old).

That is a pretty good looking stang. I saw a bunch of sweet ones this weekend in AC.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    I never found those 60s mustangs to be very good looking, but thats my opinion, besides the mach I.
    Same here. They get a 7 from me on the 1-10 meh scale.

Looks like a '67 or '68, and it is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I can afford to have a car like that. Ooh, someday...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast