'04 WRX vs. '05 Eclipse

This is a discussion on '04 WRX vs. '05 Eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home from work last night, an Eclipse flew past me. I decided to play the cat and ...

'04 WRX vs. '05 Eclipse

On my way home from work last night, an Eclipse flew past me. I decided to play the cat and mouse game. It was actually pretty fun. As luck would have it, the next light that we were both infront I had to turn. I'm just curious as to if I would have beaten it...that is if we "street raced". I know people aren't a big fan of street racing on here, but I was just curious as to who would win if both cars are stock? The only mods on mine are a turbo silencer delete, and a 3'' catback exhaust. The Eclipse seemed to have a catback exhaust too.
    2004 JBP Subaru WRX Rollin On Konig Rims

Blobeye Syndicate #13

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it was a GT i think it would have given you a run for your money. I think i remeber they were running mid 14s stock.

I used to have a 02 Eclipse GT 5sp, there is no way that the Eclipse could beat a WRX from a dig or a roll if the driver of the WRX is competent driver, those cars are slow, low 15s stock in the 1/4 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79 View Post
    I used to have a 02 Eclipse GT 5sp, there is no way that the Eclipse could beat a WRX from a dig or a roll if the driver of the WRX is competent driver, those cars are slow, low 15s stock in the 1/4 mile.
    The NEW Eclipse GT is a lot faster then the 02's. they have ran low 14's stock and close to 97-99 mph trap speeds. It would have been a very tight race from a stop if you are stock.

The new eclipses that are fast didn't come around until 06'. That means if this was an 05' then it is no match for a wrx. The Eclipse GT-S's are fairly decent uptop with the 6spd manual and could give a stock wrx a decent run... but if this was just a standard GT then a wrx should take it easily.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I'm pretty sure it was a GTS...
    2004 JBP Subaru WRX Rollin On Konig Rims

Blobeye Syndicate #13

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The new eclipses that are fast didn't come around until 06'. That means if this was an 05' then it is no match for a wrx. The Eclipse GT-S's are fairly decent uptop with the 6spd manual and could give a stock wrx a decent run... but if this was just a standard GT then a wrx should take it easily.
    GtS are 5speeds. unless we are talking 06+ but there where no GTS made. I think?
    Last edited by IECaliwrx; 02-23-2007 at 06:56 PM.

I believe the 06+ have 263 HP and run pretty well at top end. I think from a roll or anything in the high MPH range it would be really close. Not sure how heavy they are, but as mentioned, I believe they are running mid 14's. Close race if it was a NEW eclipse (06+). I didn't even know they made an 05.. I thought between 05 and 06 they didn't manufacture one.

07 esclipse have 163hp and the heavy v6 has 263
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx View Post
    GtS are 5speeds. unless we are talking 06+ but there where no GTS made. I think?
    My bad.

I meant 5spd for the GTS.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I just got back from Chicago not too long ago and as my rental car from AVIS I had either a 05 or 06 Eclipse GT.

Needless to say I was very disappointed in the performance of the car. There is no doubt in my mind (and I believe someone already said it), that an 02 scoob could give it a decent beat down. The looks of the car from the outside is a little weird but could have potential with aftermarket stuff (rims, kits, blah blah blah). But what I was impressed with was layout of the interior, the seats, the interior lighting, and the rockford fosgate sound system.

WRX > Eclipse GT

Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4 View Post

WRX > Eclipse GT
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I just got back from Chicago not too long ago and as my rental car from AVIS I had either a 05 or 06 Eclipse GT.

Needless to say I was very disappointed in the performance of the car. There is no doubt in my mind (and I believe someone already said it), that an 02 scoob could give it a decent beat down. The looks of the car from the outside is a little weird but could have potential with aftermarket stuff (rims, kits, blah blah blah). But what I was impressed with was layout of the interior, the seats, the interior lighting, and the rockford fosgate sound system.

WRX > Eclipse GT
    05 and 06 are two different generations:

05 eclipse:

06 eclipse:
    Just call me Clark Kent

WRX > Eclipse GT
    05 and 06 are two different generations:

05 eclipse:

06 eclipse:
    Just call me Clark Kent