I guess I got killed by an HHR

This is a discussion on I guess I got killed by an HHR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So this pesty little HHR is riding my bumper the whole way down I-95 from PA state line to DE. ...

I guess I got killed by an HHR

So this pesty little HHR is riding my bumper the whole way down I-95 from PA state line to DE.

We both take the same exit and he's on my ass... (my god!! an HHR! give me a break!)

So we get on the highway after the exit and he chugs it into the left lane. I look in front of me and see a pickup truck coming into my lane. I slow down behind the truck and he takes off.

I guess I lose...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My deepest condolences

All I had in my head was to smoke his a#$. But when I saw the truck coming into my lane I backed off. It was stupid to even have that in my head, especially against an HHR, but I feel bad.

Getting into an accident over some BS like that is not what I would want.

Just because someone can drive like an idiot, doesn't mean I should do the same. And I did do that for a few seconds. I feel bad for falling into that trap...

Don't get me wrong... A good setup at a light or highway with no one around is one thing, but in traffic... I should have just let that turkey go....

I will in the future.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

It's best to just let them go. Better than having your car impounded. Here in CA street racing is a felony. Letting jimmy ricer think he won is better than loosing the car and getting your salad tossed in prison.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    It's best to just let them go. Better than having your car impounded. Here in CA street racing is a felony. Letting jimmy ricer think he won is better than loosing the car and getting your salad tossed in prison.
    +1. Your right. Not worth it...

My brother had an HHR rental for a week while his Integra was being worked on. He was following me one time (I was in my '95 Miata) and later told me that he couldn't keep up at all, and that I was pulling away from him at every light. The thing was, I wasn't even pushing it. I was doing my regular 5k rpm shifts. I'd be lucky if the Miata is putting triple digits to the wheels, considering the state of tune it's in.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata

Oh my god. An HHR. Those things are as aerodynamics as Rosie O'Donell is skinny.

I'll pray for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

I hate HHR's, they look terrible.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

aren't those things slow? how the heck did you lose to one?

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    aren't those things slow? how the heck did you lose to one?
    I think it was more along the lines of the HHR guy being an idiot and trying to look cool by just blowing by our friend here who was not racing, but instead trying not to kill or be killed.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

ahhhh.........

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Letting jimmy ricer think he won is better than loosing the car and getting your salad tossed in prison.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC