Camaro boy wants to beat me up

This is a discussion on Camaro boy wants to beat me up within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had my car in my shop the other day, just thawing it out so i could drive without hearing ...

Camaro boy wants to beat me up

I had my car in my shop the other day, just thawing it out so i could drive without hearing the ice in my fenders rub, and the 3rd person that wanted to see my engine (its all stock mind you) wanted to race. he has an '02 camAro ss with a ls6 intake, magnaflow exhaust and some other bolt ons, he thinks he's pushing 360hp. i think thats conservative, but he wants to race my stock sti. he did'nt want to race that day because the roads were wet(p*ssy). he wants to race when the roads are dry. anyways, he thinks he easily beat me. he doesnt claim to be a great driver, and i know i'm not, in terms of launching. what do you guys think?
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 02-19-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: IT'S CAMARO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll get destroyed. Unless you race on wet roads, which will probably lead to him DIAF.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    I had my car in my shop the other day, just thawing it out so i could drive without hearing the ice in my fenders rub, and the 3rd person that wanted to see my engine (its all stock mind you) wanted to race. he has an '02 camero ss with a ls6 intake, magnaflow exhaust and some other bolt ons, he thinks he's pushing 360hp. i think thats conservative, but he wants to race my stock sti. he did'nt want to race that day because the roads were wet(p*ssy). he wants to race when the roads are dry. anyways, he thinks he easily beat me. he doesnt claim to be a great driver, and i know i'm not, in terms of launching. what do you guys think?

Depending on the other mods, hes probably right about pushing 360. Hes probably doing about that at the crank. As already said, odds are, ure gonna get smoked if he can drive at all.

I know this is a very uncommon situation and there is someone here that will always chime in and say why am i bringing this up not sure of his name, but we set up a race with my friends 02 Stage I wrx vs my friends 02 SS SLP camaro 6 speed. The camaro is bone stock, they took the cars to the same track two different times, each getting i think 5-6 runs in, at the end of the day the camaro ran a best of a 14.4@102mph, now sure this is a horrible time for an SS but it happened after 12 or so passes, so with a bad driver you would destroy a SS if you are a good driver you should be in the low 13s, most SS stock will run mid 13s generally, but he has mods, he def has the advantage but the driver is a very important mod so just give it a shot, or just run him to 70mph then you should win.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

You're going to get walked.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You're going to get walked.

I'm curious to know... roll or stop, or it doesn't matter?

Tom'sti...
    As you already know, street racing is a dumb idea... just take care and let us know the outcome!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 02-19-2007 at 01:38 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

If you can launch well, on the street at least, you should be able to hold him off until at least 50-70, then he will fly by you.
    pearl yellow 95 RT/TT w/29K miles
    EVOIII 16G's, FMIC, and support
    awaiting tuning and dyno numbers (500AWHP on 93 octane @ 18-20PSI goal)

charcoal 91 300ZXTT 5 speed w/48K miles
    335RWHP / 377RWTQ @ 16PSI in 104 degree weather

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R stock (ready to install jet kit, and full exhaust system)

I'd think from a dig you'd have him, at least for awhile... Highway he'd walk you. We just don't have a top end.

I raced a friends SS, had him till the end of 3rd gear. He didn't blow by me, but enough that I knew I lost.

It had an intake and exhaust and chip. I'm pushing 17 psi... so idk.. find a curvy road?

(edit: And yeah be careful, especially if he's a d!ck who's full of himself. I hate people who can't have fun and compare rides at the same time. It's like they think their manliness is directly related to the speed of their car. It's a culture.. not a war.)
    Last edited by WRX2006; 02-19-2007 at 11:02 AM.

find a curvy road?

yeah, the more i think about, the more i agree. our two cars were inspired and developed for two different porposes. him wanting to drag race is as unfair as me wanting to race him up a dirt road. i'll try to explain that to him as not to hurt his ego, besides i'm really not a street racer. i could care less about macho'ism, i just like to drive a fun car, no matter what the brand.

How far are you into Ohio? I'll be heading to Mead Enginerring in Hillard, Ohio for some porting as a spring break day trip kinda thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    I'm curious to know... roll or stop, or it doesn't matter?
    Given equally good drivers, it shouldn't matter.

A bolt on SS making 330-350whp is a mid 12sec car on the street and trapping over 110mph. If the STI can get a solid launch and the Camaro launches poorly, the STI might hold him off until 70mph or so, at which point the SS is likely to come flying by at a pretty steady pace.
    However, on the street they can be hard to launch. A 12sec Camaro can easily become a mid 13sec camaro if it is not driven properly or conditions are not all that great.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

dont race him... or go stage 2 and then race him
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I would just tell him, yeah dude you are right, dry ground you have more hp to the wheels you probably will beat me. Then next time you get near him by a light and its wet or snowy out, just drop it on him, and know that you have the car that was made to drive all year round. His SS might as well be a convertible because thats the only time they are good to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    dont race him... or go stage 2 and then race him
    get a catless downpipe and an aggresive reflash.

~375 hp 400+ ft-lbs and still look bone stock FTW!!!! hehe
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby