2004 STi vs 1999 NSX

This is a discussion on 2004 STi vs 1999 NSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the Subaru vs Honda battle continues lol...a few of my friends and i were arguing about this one...(all my ...

2004 STi vs 1999 NSX

So the Subaru vs Honda battle continues lol...a few of my friends and i were arguing about this one...(all my friends drive hondas basically except me). Dont get me wrong, i own and love Subaru's, but have nothing but respect for hondas, especially the NSX. Ever since this car came out in 1990 i was in love with it, (mind you i also love the STi)...BUT the NSX is different kind of car...because when ur driving in one you feel like you are in a exotic super car, a feeling you just dont get in a STi. This thing made Ferraris look bad when it just came out, it had less power (290hp) i believe but it was fast because of the way it was built, lightweight and full of F1 technology...if you wanted a F1 car legal for the road the NSX was (and probably still is) as close as you will get...

Anywyas i know the Subaru will win from 0-60, and their 1/4 mile times are equal i believe they both run low 13's however the NSX does it at a quicker speed...therefore it should beat the STi on the highway from a roll. I know what you guys will say..."look at the price tag new vs new" but you can get early 90's NSX for less than 30,000 now...and im seriosly considering getting one and using my WRX say from November to April...and the NSX from May to October. If i do that i will take them both to the track and see the difference...i cant wait!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JDM__WRX View Post
    So the Subaru vs Honda battle continues lol...a few of my friends and i were arguing about this one...(all my friends drive hondas basically except me). Dont get me wrong, i own and love Subaru's, but have nothing but respect for hondas, especially the NSX. Ever since this car came out in 1990 i was in love with it, (mind you i also love the STi)...BUT the NSX is different kind of car...because when ur driving in one you feel like you are in a exotic super car, a feeling you just dont get in a STi. This thing made Ferraris look bad when it just came out, it had less power (290hp) i believe but it was fast because of the way it was built, lightweight and full of F1 technology...if you wanted a F1 car legal for the road the NSX was (and probably still is) as close as you will get...

Anywyas i know the Subaru will win from 0-60, and their 1/4 mile times are equal i believe they both run low 13's however the NSX does it at a quicker speed...therefore it should beat the STi on the highway from a roll. I know what you guys will say..."look at the price tag new vs new" but you can get early 90's NSX for less than 30,000 now...and im seriosly considering getting one and using my WRX say from November to April...and the NSX from May to October. If i do that i will take them both to the track and see the difference...i cant wait!!!
    You can find 94's for 30 grand now. NSX is one bad-@ss car. I'll take it over a subaru anyday, and walk everywhere during the winter.

+1 and amen to that. NSX ftw.

its my understanding that older NXS's are considerably slower than the newer ones..
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

Yes, the "newer" ones are faster than the older ones, but that car, much like most of Honda's sports cars, don't get touched much after they debut. They blow the competition out of the water then are left untouched to become a joke for the price.

NSXs are hot, man. Timeless car. Still looks beautiful to even this day.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Gabewillwin View Post
    its my understanding that older NXS's are considerably slower than the newer ones..
    Thats logical...better mechanics, better engines, better gearing, better transmissions, probably just built better considering technology, as well as Honda, just keeps improving as a car builder (when it was never a bad car builder)...

NSX FTW!

...Still love my STI though
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I believe that 93 is when they put the "real" performance vtec in there. The earliest form of Vtec has been around since the 1987 prelude, it just wasn't called that yet and it wasn't really made for performance.