2002 WRX vs 1998 Integra Type R - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX vs 1998 Integra Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SK2 weighs in at 2855+ driver=3000lbs. That is not light at all for such a small car. I don't believe ...

SK2 weighs in at 2855+ driver=3000lbs. That is not light at all for such a small car. I don't believe that a car that I owned, I driven, and I raced, will take me in my wrx down in tight turns. Unless you are a drift king and just slide through the turns. I have owned both cars and IMO the WRX is far superior for tight turns, and will rocket out of them 10x better then the s2k. The s2K has no torque untill vtec at 6000 rpms, so you go into a turn at low gear/high rpms. Then you have 2000 rpms of useful power/gear. Where as in the wrx I can be in the higher gear at 2,500/3,000 rpms and have full boost right away with a full gear to go and a TON of torque compared to the s2k. The s2k cannot power out of a turn like the wrx, it will just slide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    SK2 weighs in at 2855+ driver=3000lbs. That is not light at all for such a small car. I don't believe that a car that I owned, I driven, and I raced, will take me in my wrx down in tight turns. Unless you are a drift king and just slide through the turns. I have owned both cars and IMO the WRX is far superior for tight turns, and will rocket out of them 10x better then the s2k. The s2K has no torque untill vtec at 6000 rpms, so you go into a turn at low gear/high rpms. Then you have 2000 rpms of useful power/gear. Where as in the wrx I can be in the higher gear at 2,500/3,000 rpms and have full boost right away with a full gear to go and a TON of torque compared to the s2k. The s2k cannot power out of a turn like the wrx, it will just slide.
    how you know its not just what your Feeling

As far as the ITR vs WRX. There was already a thread on this a while back.
    WRX vs. Integra Type-R

With equal drivers, the s2k will beat a WRX on a roadcourse stock for stock.
    period.
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    how you know its not just what your Feeling
    How I feel is all about how I know what you're knowing to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    How I feel is all about how I know what you're knowing to feel.

It just took me 5 mins to process that..lol
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

this is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read, i'm sorry.

just because the WRX has more torque doesn't mean it's going to be faster, all you have to do is know how to use the powerband well.

there are many more factors involved in taking turns than just who can get on the power earlier. and the WRX isn't the end all final solution best car at everything in the world.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Quote Originally Posted by jlagace View Post
    this is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read, i'm sorry.

just because the WRX has more torque doesn't mean it's going to be faster, all you have to do is know how to use the powerband well.

there are many more factors involved in taking turns than just who can get on the power earlier. and the WRX isn't the end all final solution best car at everything in the world.
    agreed, with equal drivers the S2K will beat a WRX on a road coarse...its made for that in a way, it has great handling and a pretty good power band...if you keep the revs up between 5-6 grand while cornering once you are getting out of a corner you can step on the gas and your making great power up to its 9k redline without any oversteer or understeer, where as WRX's are known to understeer a bit (hence why EVO's eat up STi's on dry surface road coarses)

in fact i have a best motoring video (tsukuba battle, equal pro drivers) doing 5 laps with the following cars...s2k, wrx (jspec i believe even has more power than the usdm), g35, integra type r (rsx), rx-8, and a miata lol

results:

1 - S2000
    2 - G35
    3 - WRX
    4 - Type R
    5 - RX-8
    6 - Miata

sucks for the mazda's lol....but anyways the S2K finished well ahead and the Type R was on the Impreza's ASSSSS big time

In fact im pretty sure a race between a Type R and WRX on a road coarse would be really close considering its one of the best handling front wheel drive cars (if not the best) ever...

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    why even bother?

an srt4 will just pass you both and leave you looking something like this
    okkk???

what does a srt-4 have anything to do with this discussion? ok since you're throwing in cars an Audi RS4 will pass your srt-4 and leave me looking something like this
    Last edited by JDM__WRX; 02-14-2007 at 04:46 PM.

This is crap. Yes yes, torque is what really matters. You win races with torque. Absolutely. You are 100% right

Good one. Don't confuse your poor driving skills with the S2000 being a better road course car than the WRX.
    2006 WRX TR

1997-2001 Acura Integra Type-R
    Engine : 4 cylinder, DOHC, front engine FWD
    Displacement : 1,797 cc
    Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Transmission : 5-spd manual
    Fuel economy : city - 25 mpg
    highway - 30 mpg

Suspension : F - Independent double wishbone
    R - Independent double wishbone
    Brakes : F - Vented discs
    R - Solid discs

Horsepower : 195 hp @ 8000 rpm
    Torque : 130 lb-ft @ 7500 rpm
    Redline : 8400 rpm

Top speed : 143 mph
    0-60 mph : 6.1 sec.
    0- mile : 14.5 sec @ 96.0 mph
    60-0 braking distance : 115 ft
    200 ft skidpad : 0.89 g

Curb Weight : 2639 lbs
    Overall length : 173.0 in.
    Wheelbase : 101.2 in.
    Overall Width : 66.7 in.
    Height : 51.9 in.

From the same site...

2004-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Engine : 4 cylinder, turbocharged, DOHC, front engine AWD
    Displacement : 1,994 cc
    Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Transmission : 5-spd manual, 4-spd automatic
    Fuel economy : city - 19-20 mpg
    highway - 26-27 mpg

Suspension : F - Independent MacPherson strut
    R - Independent MacPherson strut
    Brakes : F - Vented discs
    R - Solid discs

Horsepower : 227 hp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque : 217 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
    Redline : 7000 rpm

Top speed : 147 mph
    0-60 mph : 5.7 sec.
    0- mile : 14.4 sec @ 94.3 mph
    60-0 braking distance : 130 ft.

Curb Weight : 3085-3140 lbs(sedan), 3165-3220 lbs(wagon)
    Overall length : 173.4 in.
    Wheelbase : 99.4 in.
    Overall Width : 66.7 in.(sedan), 68.1 in.(wagon)
    Height : 56.7 in.(sedan), 58.5 in.(wagon)

from modernracer.com

I Support ClubWRX
    w00t for forum racing! All the fun without the elevated insurance rates!

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post

This is crap. Yes yes, torque is what really matters. You win races with torque. Absolutely. You are 100% right

Good one. Don't confuse your poor driving skills with the S2000 being a better road course car than the WRX.
    You may be right, I never felt that the way I drive was suited for the S2k. Not having poor skills but not my style. Being one of the reasons I sold it. But I never said that torque and only torque wins races for you, But it does has someting to do with being able to accel. out of a tight turn.

Who ever said that this is MY feeling, is right. I feel that I can go around a track faster in my WRX, then I could in my s2k(which was stock). Since I have OWNED both cars, and are not just reading a stat sheet. I felt that my opinion was valid.

There is only one way to find out which car is faster and that is to race on a track. When that happens there will be a different result most of the time. Different cars, different drivers, different mods, different driving stlyes will end up with different results.

Sorry if you all think that I suck at driving and my opinion is total crap. That is not the fact. Personal insults and internet name calling are just not my style either. This thread was started on oponion about a ITR vs. WRX. Someone else started the S2k vs. WRX battle discussion.

That Is all.
    Last edited by blackzwrx; 02-14-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar

You may be right, I never felt that the way I drive was suited for the S2k. Not having poor skills but not my style.
    Fair enough, man. But you must concede the fact that you passed this argument off at first as actual fact rather than as a result of your driving style.
    On a racing forum? No way. Unbelievable. The nerve of some people, huh?
    2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post

On a racing forum? No way. Unbelievable. The nerve of some people, huh?
    My Mazda can beat your car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast