Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vs S2000

4K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  project_skyline 
#1 ·
My friend has a S2K and wants to race me. All I know is he has an exhaust. I have a '02 WRX wagon with TBE. Who do you think will win? Sorry if this is a newb question, but I did a search and didn't get much info. TIA :wiggles:

#2 ·
From a dig with a good launch you should edge him up to 60, maybe 70mph but from a roll my money is still on the S2000
My friends stock pulls pretty good on me above 70, not like a total rape but its a good pull. Both cars stock

#7 ·
thanks for your replies guys. Seems like it should be a close race from a dig.

I have another quick question, my other friend has a 2006 RSX Type-S with CAI and race headers, I'm guessing I should be able to take from a dig also, but im not sure if from a roll. No do you guys think? TIA again :thumbup:

#8 ·
from a stop with a good launch you should have him unless you keep racing way up there. CAI sint gonna do squat and im not quite sure what he means by race headers...either open exhaust headers or a catless exhaust would be my guess. Either way, he isnt gonna get much from it.

race him from a stop to 60 or 80 and I give the edge to you. Much faster and his top end will own you.

#9 ·
From a dig you should have him until about 60mph or so where he will start to pull even and pull you. From a roll, he will take you pretty well.

I have another quick question, my other friend has a 2006 RSX Type-S with CAI and race headers, I'm guessing I should be able to take from a dig also, but im not sure if from a roll. No do you guys think? TIA again :thumbup:
From a dig you should have it easily. From a roll, it would be close, but he will likely pull you. This car responds rather well to bolt on's and a 4-1 race header is one of them. That alone has them trapping 97/98mph.

#15 ·
Never raced an S2000 but it seems like what everyone is staying is on the money. On paper it looks like they would pull you over 60mph. On the other hand, I raced an RSX-S in my '06 WRX and he didn't come past me till ~110mph and I let off at 100mph. My guess is they start pulling rather hard around ~80mph. A 60mph roll would have been interesting but the kid just kept going insanely fast down the freeway and I wasn't about to try and catch him.

#24 ·
Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the E-hardass card. It doesn't impress anyone that you can swear on the internet and E-yell at people.

That being said, the S2000 is rather max'd out from the factory. Your basic bolt on's like intake, header, exhaust are not going to make much power on the car. The S2000 does not respond to bolt on's like its little cousin RSX-S/Civic Si. You can build a fast N/A S2000 if you want to dump money into it, but that would require going well beyond bolt on's.

Boost though... That is another story.

#27 ·
Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the E-hardass card. It doesn't impress anyone that you can swear on the internet and E-yell at people.
Where do you get the sentiment that I'm yelling at anyone? Far from it. I called "BS" and that involves the use of "S". Okay. That must make me an "E-hardass", right? The official bodyguard would know, I'm sure.

now now guys.. we're all friends here :)
I agree. I've said it a million times.

The Phills are going to be the team to beat in the NL east. Ryan Howard and Chase Utly FTW!!!!!

The Mets are a good team though.... We will just have to wait and see.
Alright, I'm not friends with the Phils fan :p

#37 ·
I just briefly looked over some various prices for S2000 components:

Intake = $250

Test Pipe = $100

Header = $700-$800

Exhaust = $850-$1,000

Over $2,000 worth of mods here that give a combined result of *maybe* 15whp tops.
And this is just your basic intake and full exhaust components. Now no one expects an S2000 to respond to mods like a wrx or anything.... but it just further validates my point that if you are looking for power, modding an S2000 with N/A mods is, for the most part, worthless.
Unless you are so eager to get that barely noticeable 15whp that you are willing to drop $2,000. Now if you plan to eventually boost the car (which requires these mods anyway) then that is a different story.

#35 ·
headers for any Honda engine are anywhere between $200 to $800 or more...intake, won't be more than $300 for something like AEM...and Exhaust will be somewhere near $500 to a grand for something good cause they are dual cannisters...so we're talking about an average of a $1000 for 20+ wheel HP...

#36 · (Edited)
I've been a member of s2ki for a long time. I would own an S2000 right now if I found a way to afford one. As a result, I am biased towards it. However, I can tell you that I/H/E will yield very little for very much money.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152485&st=0

The search on that forum is not good at all, but you can take a look through it. That car is pretty much maxed out N/A from the factory, like I've said. You could spend several thousand to get maybe 10 WHP. That is what I mean by "pretty much."

Slap a blower and gear on that baby and she will run away from most cars, though.

version_JDM is known for having one of the fastest N/A cars out there. His numbers are 227RWHP/147RWTQ. That's 27 WHP more and you will rarely see that from N/A mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.