WRX vs S2000
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has a S2K and wants to race me. All I know is he has an exhaust. I have ...

WRX vs S2000

My friend has a S2K and wants to race me. All I know is he has an exhaust. I have a '02 WRX wagon with TBE. Who do you think will win? Sorry if this is a newb question, but I did a search and didn't get much info. TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From a dig with a good launch you should edge him up to 60, maybe 70mph but from a roll my money is still on the S2000
    My friends stock pulls pretty good on me above 70, not like a total rape but its a good pull. Both cars stock

The King Of the SOuth

just the 06 could do the magic stock vs stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 305wrxPIMP View Post
    just the 06 could do the magic stock vs stock.
    stock for stock it would be a good race, i owned an 05 S2000 and now own and 06 TR. The S2000 is not a drag car by any means. Take it to the track and have fun
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

I ran a brand new stook and ate him up pretty good from a roll. He was stock and I have a turboback, cai and a tune.
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

Banned
    Depends how fast your going to be going.

thanks for your replies guys. Seems like it should be a close race from a dig.

I have another quick question, my other friend has a 2006 RSX Type-S with CAI and race headers, I'm guessing I should be able to take from a dig also, but im not sure if from a roll. No do you guys think? TIA again

Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    thanks for your replies guys. Seems like it should be a close race from a dig.

I have another quick question, my other friend has a 2006 RSX Type-S with CAI and race headers, I'm guessing I should be able to take from a dig also, but im not sure if from a roll. No do you guys think? TIA again
    from a stop with a good launch you should have him unless you keep racing way up there. CAI sint gonna do squat and im not quite sure what he means by race headers...either open exhaust headers or a catless exhaust would be my guess. Either way, he isnt gonna get much from it.

race him from a stop to 60 or 80 and I give the edge to you. Much faster and his top end will own you.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

My friend has a S2K and wants to race me. All I know is he has an exhaust. I have a '02 WRX wagon with TBE. Who do you think will win? Sorry if this is a newb question, but I did a search and didn't get much info. TIA
    From a dig you should have him until about 60mph or so where he will start to pull even and pull you. From a roll, he will take you pretty well.

From a dig you should have it easily. From a roll, it would be close, but he will likely pull you. This car responds rather well to bolt on's and a 4-1 race header is one of them. That alone has them trapping 97/98mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks for the replies. Honda/Acura rely on their vtec as much as we rely on our turbo huh.

Thanks for the replies. Honda/Acura rely on their vtec as much as we rely on our turbo huh.
    For the most part. The high compression engines are made to only make significant power in the upper rpm ranges when vtec engages.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteTR View Post
    The S2000 is not a drag car by any means.
    Unless you dump $100,000 grand in it, and race a jetta at race wars!

Sorry, I had to
    For Parts, Fast Shipping, Good Prices, Good Customer Service Please Visit: WWW.JSCSPEED.COM 215-489-2820
    272.1awhp/240tq

The only mods that matter on an S2000 are gears or some form of forced induction. Otherwise, nothing else really makes a difference. That car is maxed N/A from the factory.

And it's much nicer than a WRX!
    2006 WRX TR

im stage 2 on my 04. I raced a stock s2000 from a stop it was pretty much a joke when i got to 60 lol

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Never raced an S2000 but it seems like what everyone is staying is on the money. On paper it looks like they would pull you over 60mph. On the other hand, I raced an RSX-S in my '06 WRX and he didn't come past me till ~110mph and I let off at 100mph. My guess is they start pulling rather hard around ~80mph. A 60mph roll would have been interesting but the kid just kept going insanely fast down the freeway and I wasn't about to try and catch him.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.