WRX vs S2000 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the E-hardass card. It doesn't impress anyone that you can swear on the internet and E-yell at people.

That being said, the S2000 is rather max'd out from the factory. Your basic bolt on's like intake, header, exhaust are not going to make much power on the car. The S2000 does not respond to bolt on's like its little cousin RSX-S/Civic Si. You can build a fast N/A S2000 if you want to dump money into it, but that would require going well beyond bolt on's.

Boost though... That is another story.
    I don't think he was going that route Bro. I mean i have gotten into it with him myself but, I don't think this one was him. Project should have did more research before he made a strong statement like he did. I mean its common S2000 knowledge. haha Now that we got that out the way. I don't think there are many s2k vs. Wrx vids. I know my boy Tony, Mugen on S2ki Bought a turbo chrarge S. It hauls ass with only 310 horses. Know its in the shop getting Engine rebuild for more boost. He's looking to put down 400whp. With him pushing 310whp and me at stg. 2 I was with him for 1 gear so I can't imagine him with 400. Haha and running away is a under statement it looked like one of the Dragon ball Z cartoons with they take off flying . So boosted is def. the way to go with him. Bolt ons did nothing for him n his last S2k. "Haha I wish he still had it"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers View Post
    Sorry, but no, you're wrong. Full I/H/E on an S2000 is basically a spectacular waste of money. 5-10hp at the most. The engine is indeed pretty much maxed out from the factory. The only way to make decent power is with a low psi forced induction kit. Or with a lower compression rebuild so the engine can take more boost.

Edit: Even on the N/A side, pro shops like Spoon and stuff are often maxing them out around 270-280hp, and that's with a full N/A rebuild (higher compression, engine management, cams, precision crankshaft, port and polish, full bolt ons, etc.) which is ludicrously expensive.
    You will get a lot more than 5-10 hp with all those, try like 10-20 at the wheels and about the same with tq. Not all motors work the same, i don't see why you think the s2000 is maxed out, with bolts on being worthless. Any all motor setup on any honda motor is expensive and doesn't give you insane hp it doesn't matter if its an s2000 or a civic si.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    You will get a lot more than 5-10 hp with all those, try like 10-20 at the wheels and about the same with tq. Not all motors work the same, i don't see why you think the s2000 is maxed out, with bolts on being worthless. Any all motor setup on any honda motor is expensive and doesn't give you insane hp it doesn't matter if its an s2000 or a civic si.
    True, you will see minor gains, but for most people it is not worth the cost. $2,500 - $3,000 in mods just to get 15whp is not my (or doubtfully anyone elses) idea of money spent well. Much the same for the 350Z.

There is a difference between the S2000 and the RSX-S/Civic Si though. The S2000 is a much higher compression engine and is running a more aggressive fuel map in the stock form. The RSX-S on the other hand with your basic intake, exhaust, race header, ecu setup will pick up 40whp and be quick enough for stage2 wrx's. S2000 with some EM will pick up more gains, but still not on par with what the overall gains on an rsx-s/si would be.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

NO I/H/E setup for the s2000 cost 2500-3000 from what i've seen.

headers for any Honda engine are anywhere between $200 to $800 or more...intake, won't be more than $300 for something like AEM...and Exhaust will be somewhere near $500 to a grand for something good cause they are dual cannisters...so we're talking about an average of a $1000 for 20+ wheel HP...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I've been a member of s2ki for a long time. I would own an S2000 right now if I found a way to afford one. As a result, I am biased towards it. However, I can tell you that I/H/E will yield very little for very much money.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=152485&st=0

The search on that forum is not good at all, but you can take a look through it. That car is pretty much maxed out N/A from the factory, like I've said. You could spend several thousand to get maybe 10 WHP. That is what I mean by "pretty much."

Slap a blower and gear on that baby and she will run away from most cars, though.

version_JDM is known for having one of the fastest N/A cars out there. His numbers are 227RWHP/147RWTQ. That's 27 WHP more and you will rarely see that from N/A mods.
    Last edited by Bboy AJ; 02-16-2007 at 09:35 AM.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    NO I/H/E setup for the s2000 cost 2500-3000 from what i've seen.

I just briefly looked over some various prices for S2000 components:

Intake = $250

Test Pipe = $100

Header = $700-$800

Exhaust = $850-$1,000

Over $2,000 worth of mods here that give a combined result of *maybe* 15whp tops.
    And this is just your basic intake and full exhaust components. Now no one expects an S2000 to respond to mods like a wrx or anything.... but it just further validates my point that if you are looking for power, modding an S2000 with N/A mods is, for the most part, worthless.
    Unless you are so eager to get that barely noticeable 15whp that you are willing to drop $2,000. Now if you plan to eventually boost the car (which requires these mods anyway) then that is a different story.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    I've been a member of s2ki for a long time. I would own an S2000 right now if I found a way to afford one. As a result, I am biased towards it. However, I can tell you that I/H/E will yield very little for very much money.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=152485&st=0

The search on that forum is not good at all, but you can take a look through it. That car is pretty much maxed out N/A from the factory, like I've said. You could spend several thousand to get maybe 10 WHP. That is what I mean by "pretty much."

Slap a blower and gear on that baby and she will run away from most cars, though.

version_JDM is known for having one of the fastest N/A cars out there. His numbers are 227RWHP/147RWTQ. That's 27 WHP more and you will rarely see that from N/A mods.
    NOt to push this any further, but what were those numbers gotten with because i've seen a lot better numbers on all motor s2000's. All street driven might i add.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.