WRX vs S2000 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Bboy AJ The only mods that matter on an S2000 are gears or some form of forced ...

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    The only mods that matter on an S2000 are gears or some form of forced induction. Otherwise, nothing else really makes a difference. That car is maxed N/A from the factory.

And it's much nicer than a WRX!
    You don't know squat about the s2000......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, i appreciate everyone's opinions and i definitely got an idea of what would happen if i raced them. all in all, the type-s and s2k are no joke after 60mph. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    You don't know squat about the s2000......
    Bull****. Prove me wrong instead of spouting off sideline jeering.

There aren't any good N/A bolt on mods. Gears are the best and pretty much the only good N/A mods for them, save for piggybacks like eManage and VAFC.

That car is pretty much maxed N/A from the factory. Make a statement instead of useless uninformed commentary if you want to say something.
    2006 WRX TR

Bull****. Prove me wrong instead of spouting off sideline jeering.

There aren't any good N/A bolt on mods. Gears are the best and pretty much the only good N/A mods for them, save for piggybacks like eManage and VAFC.

That car is pretty much maxed N/A from the factory. Make a statement instead of useless uninformed commentary if you want to say something.
    We got the teamwork to make the dream work...lets go...LETS GO METS
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Headers, CAI, exhaust, testpipe? Theres your bolt ons just like any other honda or acura.

You can get plenty power out of them boosted or NA.

Headers, CAI, exhaust, testpipe? Theres your bolt ons just like any other honda or acura.

Wow, you know **** about the car. If you are going to call someone out on a statement, you better know what you're talking about. And you definitely do not.
    2006 WRX TR

now now guys.. we're all friends here

Sorry, but no, you're wrong. Full I/H/E on an S2000 is basically a spectacular waste of money. 5-10hp at the most. The engine is indeed pretty much maxed out from the factory. The only way to make decent power is with a low psi forced induction kit. Or with a lower compression rebuild so the engine can take more boost.

Edit: Even on the N/A side, pro shops like Spoon and stuff are often maxing them out around 270-280hp, and that's with a full N/A rebuild (higher compression, engine management, cams, precision crankshaft, port and polish, full bolt ons, etc.) which is ludicrously expensive.
    Last edited by Skunkers; 02-15-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the E-hardass card. It doesn't impress anyone that you can swear on the internet and E-yell at people.

That being said, the S2000 is rather max'd out from the factory. Your basic bolt on's like intake, header, exhaust are not going to make much power on the car. The S2000 does not respond to bolt on's like its little cousin RSX-S/Civic Si. You can build a fast N/A S2000 if you want to dump money into it, but that would require going well beyond bolt on's.

Boost though... That is another story.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    We got the teamwork to make the dream work...lets go...LETS GO METS
    The Phills are going to be the team to beat in the NL east. Ryan Howard and Chase Utly FTW!!!!!

The Mets are a good team though.... We will just have to wait and see.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    The Phills are going to be the team to beat in the NL east. Ryan Howard and Chase Utly FTW!!!!!

I'm a diehard Phils fan, but I don't know about all that.

Back on topic, does anyone know of any S2000 vs. WRX vids? I haven't seen many S2000's videos.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Bboy AJ needs to take a step back and stop trying to pull out the E-hardass card. It doesn't impress anyone that you can swear on the internet and E-yell at people.
    Where do you get the sentiment that I'm yelling at anyone? Far from it. I called "BS" and that involves the use of "S". Okay. That must make me an "E-hardass", right? The official bodyguard would know, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    now now guys.. we're all friends here
    I agree. I've said it a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post

Alright, I'm not friends with the Phils fan
    2006 WRX TR

Like I said we will have to wait and see what happens. I haven't followed the mets this off-season. Did they make any big moves in/out???

Start an MLB thread. I love talking MLB. And does anyone here do fantasy baseball? We should start a league, too.

Oh, uh, back to cars.
    2006 WRX TR

The official bodyguard would know, I'm sure.
    Yes, you are correct. I would know.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.